think some of you guys will appreciate this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweeterthing

Babyface
think some of you guys will appriciate this...

yea i met ryan adams tonite after his show in boston, it might have been the greatest thing ever. :heart: great show too...

That's so cool!!!

I'm going to his show Sunday night in Detroit...I'm so excited! :hyper:

I love Ryan Adams :heart:

33573%3B4%3B23232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D846%3D%3A%3A8%3Dxroqdf%3E2323343%3C%3A56%3A6ot1lsi

33573%3B4%3B23232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D846%3D%3A%3A8%3Dxroqdf%3E2323343%3C%3A56%3A7ot1lsi

33573%3B4%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D846%3D%3A%3A8%3Dxroqdf%3E2323343%3C%3A56%3A8ot1lsi

:cute:

if youre going to see him, you'll love it so much. it was mainly a solo deal, although he did bring out a cellist and violinist to play on a few songs. The whole time there were only two small, white lights on stage. To follow where he was you either had to find the glint of his wineglass, or the bobbing red ash of his (many) cigarettes.

He did 'Brown Sugar" and turned it into a dark ballad for voice, cigarettes and piano, which got even some of the older usher people into the show.

At the start of the encore, he sang a song he apparently had just written - so new in fact that he had to have his (ever present) roadie help him out by holding the lyrics sheet up for him to read as he sang - he also stumbled all over the guy who was trying hard not to laugh.

He was in really great spirits - "sassy" as he called himself a few times. He owned the stage and audience in a true madman poet form. During most of the set you could barely see him either in the dark or behind his piano, spilling his poetry everywhere, wonderfully.

After the show waiting on the curb for many twently minutes, a group of us got to meet him - he was so nice and made sure that everyone had everything that they wanted signed signed, and he even talked to two people on others cell phones who wanted to talk to him.

My good camera is not at school with me , and there was a no flash rule, but i did take one pic during the show, not too sure how it turned out though.

~lesley

:drool: awesome

:drool: awesome

He did two shows here at the 9:30 Club where I met Pete.... but they sold out so fast so I didn't stand a chance :sad:

Hope you were able to talk in actual English and in sentences :tongue:

He's an amazing talent

actually, i surprised myself and was able to communicate. ( i had a pete meeting too in providence this summer and couldn't get past "uhh" and "buhh") i just think his lyrics are so wise and have proven especially meaningful to me right now... so i managed to tell him how he's a real true poet.... to which he had a little stumble back and said " i think i just got a mahogany!" :lmao: it was completely hilarious

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I don't care when you have to get back to Saginaw, Kat, we're MEETING HIM.

:drool: :drool:

Sure.......have me be a zombie at work and school the next day, all for the sake of Ryan Adams........

*pause*

Sounds good to me!!!!!!!!!!! :D

after he's done in the states ryan will be over in europe with shows in england - nov 11 at the royal festival hall and nov. 23 at the apollo theatre... at least thats what ticketmaster tells me...

Re: cute avatar, sweeterthing ;)

This is me waiting for Sunday:
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

This is me waiting for tomorrow night (The Stones):
:hyper: :combust:

:tongue: :drool: That is AWESOME. I am jealous of yooouu

I might see Badly Drawn Boy next week.

I missed Tiger Army and Tsunami Bomb last nite :mad:

eeeeee the stones?? you're so very lucky...they played the orpheum here in boston last month i wanted to go so badly, but no such luck. i was talking with one of the ushers there and she said the one thing that stuck out to her during the stones show is the massive wall of moisture in the theatre...a very sweaty show! :drool: concert weekends are the best, you're going to have so much fun!! next weekend i have wilco and elvis costello, so i have to wait a little bit for mine...

sweeterthing said:
after he's done in the states ryan will be over in europe with shows in england - nov 11 at the royal festival hall and nov. 23 at the apollo theatre... at least thats what ticketmaster tells me...

Cool! Thanks! Am gonna try and get to one hopefully! :D

oooh, have fun at BDB moanala!!! just don't steal his hat, lol

sweeterthing said:
eeeeee the stones?? you're so very lucky...they played the orpheum here in boston last month i wanted to go so badly, but no such luck. i was talking with one of the ushers there and she said the one thing that stuck out to her during the stones show is the massive wall of moisture in the theatre...a very sweaty show! :drool: concert weekends are the best, you're going to have so much fun!! next weekend i have wilco and elvis costello, so i have to wait a little bit for mine...

I heard! I wish I could have seen them in a theatre, we're getting a stadium spectacular. :love:

I'm so excited. Hope I get to meet Ryan!! :hyper: Hopefully he comes out as soon as he did for you guys!

Wilco and Elvis....damn, another cool double-header! :up:

Are you going to her Borders thing in Birmingham?

:yes: It's probably gonna be a madhouse but I don't care cuz I :heart: her.

Well, if ya feel like saying hi at the Ryan concert, our pics are in our profiles! :wave:

:huh: Like I'll be able to pick ya guys out among all those peeps!! :lol: Do you guys have main floor or balcony tickets?

You'll hafta ask BC, she's got the tix.

She said they said both....so, I'm hopin main floor, but it'll still be cool anywhere we are!

I've got balcony but I still plan to have fun... I'm so excited, I love his music. I'm dragging my sis along... she's never heard of him before! :huh:

I've been listening to demolition in my car, and I just love the song Desire... I melt everytime I hear it. :cute:

*erised thinks she has a thing for songs named desire :yes:*

You'll hafta ask BC, she's got the tix.

She said they said both....so, I'm hopin main floor, but it'll still be cool anywhere we are!

The tickets say G.A. Balcony.

Perhaps we will see you! :kiss:

Like she said...check our profiles for our pics...if you think you see me, just shout "BC"...I'll look! :laugh: :D

erised~

FYI, I'm wearin' a black shirt with sleeves down to my elbows, baggy blue jeans, and sneakers. My hair is down (it's 'bout halfway down my back in length), and I'm wearin' ginormous hoop earrings.

Hope you can spot us!! That would be a real kick! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom