Things overheard at U2 concerts:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

longingforBono

War Child
This is of course just for fun. My friend and I started making these up last weekend and were laughing so hard I thought maybe you all could add to this mayhem.

1. I heard going to a U2 show counts as going to church!

2. The guitar player is hot. Isn't his name the RIM?

3. Bono is hot, even if he IS gay.

4. I heard Adam has a thing for superglue(?)

5. We should throw something at Bono, I heard he really gets off on that!!!

6. This is not one of their songs. They must be covering someone else's song. (This would be heard whenever something like PRIDE or VERTIGO isn't being played, spoken by someone who got free tickets by someone they know who knows someone else)

7. This would be a good time to go to the bathroom/get a drink (only said when Bono is singing Miss Sarajevo for the FIRST TIME ON A NORTH AMERICAN TOUR) FUCKING DUH BTW

8. The drummer is really hot! (Paris Hilton only)

Okay gals- gimme your best here!!! I am counting on you!

(Maybe a mod could move this to the regular PLEBA forum since I put it in the wrong spot?!?!?!?!?!?)

Last edited:
:hmm:

1. I don't even really know thier stuff...HEY is that Bow-no...:tsk::madspit: (idiots)

2. OMG OMG OMG BONO YOUR SO SEXY!!OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!

:hmm: I'll have to think...

"Those people down by the stage get those tickets from radio stations." -- said by some idiot I sat near in Chicago, about the people below us in the ellipse.

"I like U2, but I don't like them that much." -- a friend of mine, when she found out I'd gone to U2 shows in Chicago and in our hometown.

Last edited:
redkat said:
The high girl next to me kept reaching out her arms to Kanye screaming Bo-no

i'm sure it was the drugs :|

:lol:

that girl was just not right

she also get screaming "hey you" to Edge all night
she also introduced herself to the local security as "the girl that was going to dance with Bono" that night

I do believe that if that even looked like a possiblity we would have taken measures to guard against it

she was a bit more quite after my poor long lost toenail connected with her leg

1. September 20 - Phil and I are outside the ellipse along the rail. There's some smaller girls behind Phil, who's a big guy, but we'd waited since 11pm the night before so were not about to let them in. They kept trying to be flirtatious to get him to move. Finally one girl says "but I need to be in front so Bono can see me b/c I have blonde hair and nice boobs so he'll pick me!" to which Phil responds, "Bono likes brunettes and he's not a boob man."

2. October 24 - Eep and I are at the back of the floor, right along the rails in front of the soundboard area. Right behind us on the other side of the rail is the platform for VIPs. There's a man and a woman there talking while we're waiting between the opener. The whole time, this guy is talking like he knows everything about the band and the tour. Over to the right, there's another platform area that's like a foot higher up. The woman asks what that spot is for and the guy goes, "oh, I'm not really sure, but by the looks of it I think there's a good chance Bono will sing a song or two from that platform back here." Eep and I = :rolleyes::giggle:

longingforBono said:

2. The guitar player is hot. Isn't his name the RIM?

3. Bono is hot, even if he IS gay.

:lmao:

I heard some similar things in Vegas!

What's the guitar player's name again? Stretch? The Stitch?

I know he's not but Bono looks really gay when he makes that hand motion like a bird

When waiting in line outside, they were soundchecking inside the stadium...

Some girls next to me started talking to eachother about who was playing - Edge or "some tech". They commented on how being a guitar tech was the most boring job in the world etc, etc...

I couldn't help interupting their conversation and tell them that I thought they were a bit wrong, that I heard that Dallas really loves his job, how long he's been with the band etc... all I got was :eyebrow:!

Dismantled said:
:hmm:

1. I don't even really know thier stuff...HEY is that Bow-no...:tsk::madspit: (idiots)

2. OMG OMG OMG BONO YOUR SO SEXY!!OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!

:hmm: I'll have to think...

OMG my mother constantly refers to him as BOW-NO and it drives me INSANE. Every time she says it I correct her!:rolleyes:

alainn-la said:
I was wearing a hat like Bono's green one from the Passenger's era, and someone yelled at me, "Hey Fidel!".

:huh:

I have the same hat:love:

did you correct them?:wink:

Carek1230 said:

OMG my mother constantly refers to him as BOW-NO and it drives me INSANE. Every time she says it I correct her!:rolleyes:
:lol:!
My friend [that is a U2 fan]
always used to say that I would say "NO..BONO"
I think we did it in pictionary once & I started a big arugement :lol:

Carek1230 said:

I know how you feel. My dad does that to me all the time. but he knows he's doing it. He calls him that just to annoy me. He also calls him Bonehead. But now I can say to him; "He's not the rhythm guitarist of Oasis, you know..." (I recently found out that that's the name of their rhythm guitarist.)

And he also calls The Edge The Wedgie! My little brother (7 years old) came up with that one. On my even younger brother (6) likes to call Johnny Depp (whom I also love) Johnny Deppworth. It's so funny.

But The Wedgie rocks!

SimplyConfused said:

I know how you feel. My dad does that to me all the time. but he knows he's doing it. He calls him that just to annoy me. He also calls him Bonehead. But now I can say to him; "He's not the rhythm guitarist of Oasis, you know..." (I recently found out that that's the name of their rhythm guitarist.)

And he also calls The Edge The Wedgie! My little brother (7 years old) came up with that one. On my even younger brother (6) likes to call Johnny Depp (whom I also love) Johnny Deppworth. It's so funny.

But The Wedgie rocks!

Join the club, my Dad just does it to annoy me. To begin with he actually thought you pronounced Bono Bow-no but now he just calls him Bone-io just to piss me off. He also makes stupid comments like ; "U2 are okay really, some of their songs are quite good, but it's a pity Bone-io's such an ugly mug". It takes all of my self control not to thump him.

"oh, they're playing some fucking song that I don't know..."
~girl behind me who thought the duration of An Cat Dubh would be a good time to call her friend on her cell phone

Total U2 Nut said:

Join the club, my Dad just does it to annoy me. To begin with he actually thought you pronounced Bono Bow-no but now he just calls him Bone-io just to piss me off. He also makes stupid comments like ; "U2 are okay really, some of their songs are quite good, but it's a pity Bone-io's such an ugly mug". It takes all of my self control not to thump him.

He says that to me too! He knows how much I think of his physical side of his being. (Which is a lot, obviously. :drool: :drool:)

Guy next to me in the front row on the outside of the ellipse in Buffalo: "I won these tickets from a radio station so I could see Insitute!"

He left after Institute's opening set:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom