the U2 packrat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry if someone already posted this, i actually usually don't read larry threads. lol. but i was at the hall of fame website looking for info on the up-coming U2 exibit and i found this tid bit.... it's the curator talking about how he gets stuff for the museum.

"In the seven years in which we have been collecting for the Museum, several patterns have become apparent. I?ve found, for example, that there?s usually one member of a band who is a pack rat, or to put it another way, who has the collectors? mentality. For example, in U2, drummer Larry Mullen Jr. is the collector. From the time U2 first formed (as the Larry Mullen Band) back in a Dublin high school, he has been stockpiling everything from the first U2 T-shirt (now on exhibit at the Hall of Fame) to posters, backstage passes, notes from band members, etc. He virtually has a house full of U2 memorabilia."

lol, i just found that funny. i can see larry sitting in a U2 shrine...... making U2 scrapbooks while wearing the first U2 t-shirt. :laugh:

Larry: *sittin', makin' scrapbooks*

Bono: *calls out* Hey, Lardence! Where are you?

Larry: *under breath* Oh, foooook.......

Bono: Larry??

Larry: In here, Bono!!! *shovin' everthing under a blanket*

Bono: Oh, there you are!

*pause*

Bono: Umm...Larry?

Larry: Yes?

Bono: What are you doing with that tube of glitter?

Larry: Oh, um, er, that must be Ann's.....

Bono: Larry?

Bono: You have ric-rac in your hair.

Larry: FOAD......

Bonochick said:
Larry: *sittin', makin' scrapbooks*

Bono: *calls out* Hey, Lardence! Where are you?

Larry: *under breath* Oh, foooook.......

Bono: Larry??

Larry: In here, Bono!!! *shovin' everthing under a blanket*

Bono: Oh, there you are!

*pause*

Bono: Umm...Larry?

Bono: What are you doing with that tube of glitter?

Larry: Oh, um, er, that must be Ann's.....

Bono: Larry?

Bono: You have ric-rac in your hair.

Larry: FOAD......

OMG!!!! That is SOOOOOOO funny!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It's nice to know that there's someone on this planet who seems to be even more obsessed than we are. :D

So he has no room to complain or tell us how scary we are. Seriously. My boyfriend thinks I'M bad about U2 stuff?? HA! Go look at Larry. lol.

Then again, I'd probably be the same way if the band I started went on to be the biggest band on the planet...

Yeah, Edge and Larry have handy craft nights... Larry maked the scrapbooks while Edge carries that bead box around bedazzling everything he can land his hands on... :D

Whaa!

is laughing so hard at the scenarios offered she's in pain

:lmao:

Oh, man... I was walking down Newbury St. yesterday and I noticed this Harley Davidson store I'd never seen before (because I only shop for music or info, nothing more), and I thought, "He he... I'd love to show Larry this someday... but maybe he's already seen this... ?" Uh, yeah. Just wanted to share. :D

Re: Whaa!

Queen Betty said:
is laughing so hard at the scenarios offered she's in pain

:lmao:

Oh, man... I was walking down Newbury St. yesterday and I noticed this Harley Davidson store I'd never seen before (because I only shop for music or info, nothing more), and I thought, "He he... I'd love to show Larry this someday... but maybe he's already seen this... ?" Uh, yeah. Just wanted to share. :D

Nice thought actually! I'm exactly the same. I've walked down a street, saw a Harley Davidson shop and thought 'Larry would love this.' :D

Re: Re: Whaa!

ZooEuropa said:

Nice thought actually! I'm exactly the same. I've walked down a street, saw a Harley Davidson shop and thought 'Larry would love this.' :D

Hyah! I flipped through an issue of Record Collector when I was at Virgin and I came across an ad, and my eyes immediately moved down, down, down the list to U2. Guess what I saw? A promotional mirror ball from Pop that they were selling for around 600 GBP. I wanted to cry right then and there... :sad:

Re: Re: Re: Whaa!

Queen Betty said:

Hyah! I flipped through an issue of Record Collector when I was at Virgin and I came across an ad, and my eyes immediately moved down, down, down the list to U2. Guess what I saw? A promotional mirror ball from Pop that they were selling for around 600 GBP. I wanted to cry right then and there... :sad:

Whoa!!! I'd never have that kind of money :(

Back
Top Bottom