The U2 Crew Appreciation Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1ac7a966.jpg

215a6f3d.jpg

Lemonboy said:
It's a real shame though that we didn't get any pictures of John in the pink t-shirt. :lol:

:giggle:

Nah, he should have his pink shirt in privacy - it looked good on him though! :wink:

:applaud: I've got no new pictures than the ones posted, but these guys really deserve our gratitude. :D U2 CREW ROCKS!!! :rockon:

I just watched the Dallas vid - I love how he's so enthusiastic about Edge :yes:

He seems like a really nice guy, for sure :up:

I'm giving this one a :bump: since it's the end of the third leg. Many of us have been to some terrific shows this year, and I think we owe these guys a lot of thanks!

(okay, and I finally realized at my last show that Dallas is a cutie and I'd like to see some more pictures of him please :cute: )

I can't say enough nice things about the Vertigo Crew - U2 has a great group of people working with them

I don't have any pictures to post, but wanted to add my :applaud: to the crew. What a great bunch.

I was able to meet Joe after the show in St. Louis and he was kind enough to shake hands with my friend and I. We told him how much we enjoyed the show and the tour this year and he seemed genuinely touched. What a sweet man. :)

Lets have a round of :applaud: for the bodyguards - for keeping our boys safe while they're on tour! :up:

John:
bg3.jpg

(Who btw looks very :cute: in pink! :wink: :giggle: )

Anyone know the name of these two guys? :help: :reject:
bg1.jpg

bg2.jpg

Merc said:
Lets have a round of :applaud: for the bodyguards - for keeping our boys safe while they're on tour!

Anyone know the name of these two guys? :help: :reject:
bg1.jpg

bg2.jpg

I want to say that Edge's bodyguard is Brian and Larry's is David (maybe?)

seriously wrong that I know these facts :reject:

During one point John hustled by when Bono was leaning into the audience and lightly bumped into me on the rail - he immediately turned around massaged my elbow and asked if I was okay - classy guy

and Edge's bodyguard is a cutie :drool:

but a lot of thanks to these guys - that has to be a hard job :yikes:

Personally I think that Scott is amazing! He's a gentleman, very nice and very respectful of the fans. Jerry Mele did a great job training him and he's doing a great job as the head of security.

Keep U2ing,

Blue.

1507_adam2.jpg

the one in the front is adam's bodyguard..he was really nice to us in amsterdam..i think his name is Jerry, not quite sure though

The crew has always been awesome! I've had two of the most memorable encounters with John, Bono's personal security, on two seperate tours. He really is a great guy! I love that we appreciate them as much as we do the boys! They really do keep the tours moving smoothly for us.

I like to give my thanks to all those who get to be on tour with U2. You guys work so hard and you are appreciated.

Edgette said:
I think Edge's body guard is named Barry. He's also ina few shots from Edge and Morleigh's wedding. :wink:

I thought his name was Barry too but then I was told it's Brian. Now we just call him Barry-Brian when we see him coming.

The entire crew came up on stage last night :applaud:

They were all wearing t-shirts with a single letter that spelled out something. It started with 'T H E U 2 V E R T I G O C R E W....' I couldn't make out the rest of what was printed.

Someone must have a picture :hmm:

What a great thread idea! The "backline" crew: Dallas, Stu, Phil, Sam, and the 60 "frontline" people, including Pinky, JP, Rachel, Flo, Dewey, Alan (who won't be on the 4th leg), AJ, Rocco...and many more...

I saw them loading in at 6:30 in the morning in some cities (I remember being on the sidewalk in front of MSG as they were starting their day) and at 1:30 in the morning in other cities loading out. They have traveled so many thousands of miles on this tour and worked all hours to make the show happen. I feel lucky to have gotten to know a few of them over the course of three legs, and look forward to their familiar faces if I make it to shows on the 4th leg.

Security have also worked some crazy hours, so thanks to all of them as well: David, Brian, John, Scott, and Jerry.

Thanks for everything :heart:

Back
Top Bottom