The Sweetest Thing: Happy Birthday, Ali !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:

:tsk: that's because of all those lurkers from EYKIW like you... and chippy... and U2man...

:wink:

bring in the 'lurkers' ;) Come on, don't be shy. Come wish Ali a belated birthday...

...lovely woman. I just wish I had half of her confidence and stamina...:( Oh, takes all kinds I guess...

Be boring if it didn't - take Bono and Adam, how different??

Wouldn't mind snoggin either of them though... Sorry off topic...;)

For all those who practice Love and Peace and CoeXisT - :hug:

Ali would be proud of you. :yes:

Zootlesque said:

Are you being serious here? That's the cheesiest thing I've ever heard! :lmao:

When Bono sings "Love and Peace" is it still cheesy?

Do you laugh when he wears the "CoeXisT" headband, Zootlesque? :eyebrow:

If you have a problem with me (which would be strange because I don't recall us ever having an issue with each other), then why don't you pm me and we can clear up our differences like adults, rather than take potshots at each other like grade schoolers.

Personally, I don't have time to be callous with other posters.

Do you laugh when he wears the "CoeXisT" headband?

If you have a problem with me (which would be strange because I don't recall us ever having an issue with each other), then why don't you pm me and we can clear up our differences like adults, rather than take potshots at each other like grade schoolers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That goes for you too, Sosaidh. (BTW - nice way to introduce yourself to PLEBA - with an insult. :tsk: )

Jamila said:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That goes for you too, Sosaidh. (BTW - nice way to introduce yourself to PLEBA - with an insult. :tsk: )

Even better way to greet. But, I am a sarcastic woman, so my apologies for offending you. I certainly didn't mean to do so. I sometimes forget people may not have the same thick skin as myself.

Truly, my sincerest apologies.

Jamila said:

Are you suggesting that she thinks Bono is cheesy or that she laughs at him?

She was saying that YOUR remarks were cheesy.

Are you suggesting that you and Bono are one and the same? That you are synomymous?

No, I imagine not.

(You might want to try to be more careful how you word things.)

biff said:

Are you suggesting that she thinks Bono is cheesy or that she laughs at him?

She was saying that YOUR remarks were cheesy.

Are you suggesting that you and Bono are one and the same? That you are synomymous?

No, I imagine not.

(You might want to try to be more careful how you word things.)

Thanks biff....

Jesus christ I still thought people had a sense of humor.

No, when Bono gets the cheese whiz for my Ritz crackers.he's not being 'cheesy'

Lol...I can't. I can't even dignify a response.

Biff..you're cool and thank you. I appreciate it.

Jamila said:

YES! Worst U2 song ever when it comes to lyrics. Bono becomes Captain Obvious in that song.

Jamila said:

No but to tell people to co-exist every single time in normal conversation sounds silly to me. But whatever.

Jamila said:

I have no problem with you and don't recall ever having one. :sexywink: I just noticed what you said and found it funny.

Sosaidh said:

Jesus christ I still thought people had a sense of humor.

No, when Bono gets the cheese whiz for my Ritz crackers.he's not being 'cheesy'

Lol...I can't. I can't even dignify a response.

Humour, like most things is relative and not everyone is amused by the same things!! So with that fact in mind and also coz as you're new here, and don't know anyone yet, it's not very polite way to introduce yourself by poking fun at people straight off the bat!! :tsk:

As for Zootles.... :shame:

:sexywink:

Thank you, hcbiggs.

If people can treat one PLEBAn that way, then they can feel free to treat ANY PLEBAn that way.

Again, it's a matter of respecting other posters. :eyebrow:

And everybody here can see that it is always the same group of posters who are always the negative ones, the sarcastic ones, the ones who are always trying to tear certain posters down.

(I won't even go into what happened in another thread in PLEBA yesterday. ) Babydoll - :wink:

Again, if people don't like other people here, there MOST MATURE thing to do is to simply ignore those posters and post somewhere where you are happiest.

That would be the mature and sensible thing to do. But then, that means that everybody here wants to be mature and sensible.:ohmy:

And if anyone has a problem with Bono's lyrics, then address that issue directly. I'm only quoting his lyrics.

Thanks to those in PLEBA who have more to do with their time than to sit in front of a computer and try to belittle other people's ideas. :rockon:

Jamila, nobody here makes a problem of Bono's lyrics... the only thing Zootles said is that you quoting his lyrics was cheesy...

youvedonewhat said:

bring in the 'lurkers' ;) Come on, don't be shy. Come wish Ali a belated birthday...

...lovely woman. I just wish I had half of her confidence and stamina...:( Oh, takes all kinds I guess...

Be boring if it didn't - take Bono and Adam, how different??

Wouldn't mind snoggin either of them though... Sorry off topic...;)

I think I have fallen in love with yet another pleaban:drool:

Was the apology I offered just completely ignored or are you two just looking to tell others how to be?

I realize I haven't introduced myself, but I am not one who needs announcement, lol. I don't need people to say I'm welcome because I've gathered it is understood among U2 fans. That is the way we are; we just jump right in. Half of us feel like we've known the other almost upon immediate introduction. It is what makes U2 fans so awesome. I also feel no need for added attention to myself. I speak when I have something to say and most of the time it is a sarcastic & comedic contribution to the conversation. More importantly, I've paid my dues to subscribe. I'm free to post, read, ignore as I see fit as it was my money that has allowed my membership here...those whopping $12! Christ...

Secondly, I have already offered my level of sarcasm and humor as it exists, truthfully. I don't believe in that dumb ass "best behavior" disorder where you pretend to be something you are not. I believe in just being you...dysfunction and all from the onset. So many people pretend to be what they aren't which sucks. It's when they finally show who they are that real foundations are made. Are you suggesting that I should 'act' one way until I've met a designated quota of posts and THEN I can 'poke' fun at others, hcbiggs2002? Far be it from me to sound anything but honest, but that is what I am. I don't fake it or make excuses for it. It's odd to have someone say 'tsk tsk tsk' for being myself, inclusive with an apology at having offended someone because you fail to see you've basically asked me to 'fake it' until I've formally introduced myself or posted enough...lol. And you tsk at me? I offended Jamila and I apologized. IGNORED. But, you two wave your finger at me for being me. That's fine. Lol...this is the Internet.

I love the posters here. They have a great wit, a great tolerance, and I enjoy reading the expressions of the posters. Basically, ALL of them are intelligent and unafraid to be honest. It is refreshing in a world where the tempter tantrums take the podium and the balanced are too exhausted to even speak on the matter; to read people being themselves here at this forum remind me the world isn't really the big cry baby is appears to be. So please, consider this my 'formal' introduction. However, I am not here to please. I'm just here because I am a fan of U2 and like meeting other fans. *Gasps* Holy hell! I was myself...regardless. I hope this satisfies the two of you.

As I said.... my apology was ignored, Jamila. You really are special for all this 'love and peace' talk yet poke right back.
:tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: Emoticon my ass...

Sosaidh said:
Was the apology I offered just completely ignored or are you two just looking to tell others how to be?

I realize I haven't introduced myself, but I am not one who needs announcement, lol. I don't need people to say I'm welcome because I've gathered it is understood among U2 fans. That is the way we are; we just jump right in. Half of us feel like we've known the other almost upon immediate introduction. It is what makes U2 fans so awesome. I also feel no need for added attention to myself. I speak when I have something to say and most of the time it is a sarcastic & comedic contribution to the conversation. More importantly, I've paid my dues to subscribe. I'm free to post, read, ignore as I see fit as it was my money that has allowed my membership here...those whopping $12! Christ...

Secondly, I have already offered my level of sarcasm and humor as it exists, truthfully. I don't believe in that dumb ass "best behavior" disorder where you pretend to be something you are not. I believe in just being you...dysfunction and all from the onset. So many people pretend to be what they aren't which sucks. It's when they finally show who they are that real foundations are made. Are you suggesting that I should 'act' one way until I've met a designated quota of posts and THEN I can 'poke' fun at others, hcbiggs2002? Far be it from me to sound anything but honest, but that is what I am. I don't fake it or make excuses for it. It's odd to have someone say 'tsk tsk tsk' for being myself, inclusive with an apology at having offended someone because you fail to see you've basically asked me to 'fake it' until I've formally introduced myself or posted enough...lol. And you tsk at me? I offended Jamila and I apologized. IGNORED. But, you two wave your finger at me for being me. That's fine. Lol...this is the Internet.

I love the posters here. They have a great wit, a great tolerance, and I enjoy reading the expressions of the posters. Basically, ALL of them are intelligent and unafraid to be honest. It is refreshing in a world where the tempter tantrums take the podium and the balanced are too exhausted to even speak on the matter; to read people being themselves here at this forum remind me the world isn't really the big cry baby is appears to be. So please, consider this my 'formal' introduction. However, I am not here to please. I'm just here because I am a fan of U2 and like meeting other fans. *Gasps* Holy hell! I was myself...regardless. I hope this satisfies the two of you.

As I said.... my apology was ignored, Jamila. You really are special for all this 'love and peace' talk yet poke right back.
:tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: Emoticon my ass...

WTF????:huh: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom