The story behind your name!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Em... do you just wanna guess mine ;)

On another posting board I'm either EvilBrattyIrishPunk or BrattyIrishPunkSavesTheDay just cause I get bored and like to cause trouble.

kariatari said:

madonna's child, why did you replace your Madonna avatar?! That was one of my fav avatars on here! :(
Well, Gypsy's daughter made me the Madonna banner that's in my sig right now. And I didn't want too much Madonna, so I changed the avatar. But I'm planning on changing back soon, cause I miss my Madonna avatar. And, I miss my X-Files sig.

Well I originally started posting here as SicilianGoddess, and z edge started calling me Sicy one day and I thought it was cute. :cute:

It pretty much caught on and everyone started calling me Sicy.

:D

well....mines not very deep at all.

i had to come up wtih something and i'm the least creative person you know so this is what i came up with.

:adam:'s a poptart sooooo.........poptart - pop = tart +sweet (cause he is.....:D) = sweet tart :huh:

and i also like the candy of the same name. :yes:

flaming june said:
Dot, that was really interesting, if somewhat frightening.

She is Flaming June by Frederick Lord Leighton:

334%3A488723232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3B98964ot1lsi

One of my favorite paintings. The original is at a museum in my country (Puerto Rico). I just found out that there is also a song by that name, but I haven't checked it out yet. So there. :)

AAAAAAH my evil aunt (whom I lived with for 3 years) had a print of that hanging on the wall just outside the bathroom :ohmy: :scream:

oh yeah my name...eh eh...forgot about that...positively by far the least creative and most boring name ever. Drumroll please...

mbi=my initials
16=age when I internet

*hangs head in shame* nothing to see here, move along now

bonochick......... drumroll??

OK sooo i saw this greeting card that essentially said:

olive2.jpg
U

Only it was a real olive, not the pop olive, anyway..

I thought that was cute and extended it to OliveU2. the cm are my initials, added b/c i didn't know much back then.

;)

Re: bonochick......... drumroll??

oliveu2cm said:

olive2.jpg
U

I thought that was cute and extended it to OliveU2. the cm are my initials, added b/c i didn't know much back then.

;)

*lol @ your subject*

Come on, my theory made sense!!!!!! :D

mbi16 said:

AAAAAAH my evil aunt (whom I lived with for 3 years) had a print of that hanging on the wall just outside the bathroom :ohmy: :scream:

Sorry MBI, too bad your evil aunt has good taste... :sexywink:

Re: bonochick......... drumroll??

oliveu2cm said:

olive2.jpg
U

;)

I get it now! lol that's cute :)

Verte is the feminine form of the French word for green. I'm a big fan of medieval history, and green was one color used for coats of arms on their shields and stuff! When we make a likeness of our coat of arms in my history club, we call the green "vert", just like the English did in the Middle Ages (and their College of Arms still does). So I used a combination of the heraldric term, and then 76 was the year of my country's bicentennial.

Many people might look at my name and assume that I'm a big Mirrorball Man fan ... but not really. Kinda like Mona's good ol' WildHonee.

I just sat down to join interference one day, tried to think of a U2-ey name that would also let people know I was female, and that's what popped into my head. :yes:

Mirrorball Girl said:
Many people might look at my name and assume that I'm a big Mirrorball Man fan ... but not really. Kinda like Mona's good ol' WildHonee.

I just sat down to join interference one day, tried to think of a U2-ey name that would also let people know I was female, and that's what popped into my head. :yes:

LOL I was WildHonee bc I didn't know who else I was.....mwaha

Now I am the Artist Formerly Known as WildHonee...

a combination of my two favorite songs in the whole world:

October by U2
and
Secret Oktober by duranduran.

and

I'm

a

girl....... :yes:

I think mine came about because I was spending so much money on Elevation tickets and travel and merchandise, my husband said he was going to start sending my credit card bills to Bono and tell him they from his wife in the U.S. It may have also had something to do with the fact that I talked about Bono non-stop for the entire Elevation tour and my husband said I might as well be married to him instead :silent:

The name has stuck with some people in my family but they've shorted it to Mrs. Bono. I had my 11 year old neice in the car with me last weekend and I was listing to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and she said "Aunt Charlene...what are you listening to?" When I told her who it was, she said "ummmm...you're cheating on Bono, take that off!" She's so cute :sexywink:

Last edited:
it is very simple. All of the names I wanted to register were already taken. I had Pop in my CD player and VelvetDress came on, so I thought i would register VelvetDress. but again that name was taken. ;) but i really like the song and the name so I decided to add a little southern twang to the name and picked MissVelvetDress. Than somehow my username was locked. So I had to re-register. I picked MissVelvetDress_75 because 1975 was the year I was born. oooh ahhh..exiciting. ;) lol :p

Of course the line from WGRYWH, but I am a gypsy at heart and travel a lot- including to many U2 shows- so it fit me. I do regret adding 'girl' I think that's lame now I'd rather be just gypsyheart. I saw the other day someone has signed up with that name and I was so sore LOL! I wonder if she knows about my infamy and if she wants to be confused with me;)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
it is very simple. All of the names I wanted to register were already taken. I had Pop in my CD player and VelvetDress came on, so I thought i would register VelvetDress. but again that name was taken. ;) but i really like the song and the name so I decided to add a little southern twang to the name and picked MissVelvetDress. Than somehow my username was locked. So I had to re-register. I picked MissVelvetDress_75 because 1975 was the year I was born. oooh ahhh..exiciting. ;) lol :p

Miss Velvet Dress and I have something in common.... we both *love* the song: If You Wear That Velvet Dress.

I had been talking to Disco who told me that I should register so I could start posting on PLEBA, and she suggested I go through the lyrics of U2 songs and see what jumped out at me.

I have the book "U2: the Complete Songs" that has all the lyrics of all the songs up to POP... so I just thumbed through the book and reading the lyrics. I got to If You Wear that Velvet Dress and the lyrics jumped out at me:

"Tonight, the moon is playing tricks again,
I'm feeling seasick again.
The whole world could just dissolve
Into a glass of water."

The reason why the lyrics jumped at me is because I really do love the moon. It never gives you sunburn, its beams hit your pillow all romantic-like, watching it rise off the coast of Scotland was life-enriching, and I can honestly say watching it set into the ocean is one of the more romantic things to do. :D The moon is just soothing and calming and you can look into it on cloudless nights and dream. :D

I tried registering moon is playing tricks again, but it was too long. So, I shortened it to moon is playing tricks... I added the little underscores just to be weird I guess. I shortened my name to Moonie because typing out moon_is_playing_tricks takes too long to type... even at my fast pace.

I'm also known as Moobers because one day I signed my name and started to laugh because instead of typing Moonie, I typed Moobie.... Moonie Moober or Moobers was born. And, I'm hoping that y'all know what a Moob is... I don't think I have to explain *that* one. :D

Moonie Moober :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom