The STAR of the Vertigo tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diamond, you crack me up :laugh:

diamond said:
Adam has become the best looking member of U2.
We shouldn't tell Larry this..:sexywink:

If I were a woman, altho Bono and Larry might be the most fun in the sack, Adam would be the guy that you would want to stay and have breakfast with.

Larry and Bono would have to be snuck out early.;)

db9

PS. The only sneaking out Bono would be doing is to go grab me some breakfast ;)

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
You know you've spent too much time in Pleba, when you're at the concert and you think, "Oh look there's the frowny smile! Oh look, he's doing the 'edge stomp'! :hyper: "

:lol:

Love that stomp! :wave: Its Edge's way to groove for sure :)

Yeah!!! the stomp on SBS rocks!!!!! And BTW, I really love Edge being so humble... maybe cause in the end I'm a bit like that.. well, yeah, a bit too much... every online test I've ever made says I'm The Edge!! And I kind of feel it, too...

BTW, if u reread what I have just written u'll realise I may be humble, but I'm quite egocentric at the same time... I know I loove myself!!! :wink: Hehehe, that's probably what happens with the Edge too, maybe he doesn't need attention cause he knows what he's got... Which is not a bad thing Bono liking so much attention, some people just like being seen, which is gr8... very charismatic folks are so awesome!! :drool: :drool:

With regards to Adam, yeah, he's DEFENITELY looking so nice on this tour!! I think he's one of the very limited amount of people who look good with grey hair!! :ohmy: :cool: Maybe he's feeling good inside too! :happy: :) heh

kellyahern said:
You know you've spent too much time in Pleba, when you're at the concert and you think, "Oh look there's the frowny smile! Oh look, he's doing the 'edge stomp'! :hyper: "

Edge did this funky little dance during MW on Chicago 4 that so very cool :wink:

but I really really have gotten to appreciate the goodness that is Adam Clayton this tour

Last edited:
Adam is defintly shining on this tour. No more chilling with Larry with his back to the audience. Adam's looking great!!! :up:

kellyahern said:

I love Edge's stomp! :love:
It was fun watching him walk around the stage then dash back to the microphone to do the backing vocals. :cute:

starsgoblue said:
My mom switched allegiance from Edge to him once she saw him in Philly :laugh:

Funny...the exact same thing happened to me in Philly. :hmm: I think it happened sometime during Mysterious Ways. :drool:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

I have to agree here. I saw Edge actually dancing...I don't mean his guitar flair stuff but actually shaking his groove thing on the catwalk....I couldn't believe it! Very cool.

At Chicago I he did this hilarious dance on the mainstage...I don't know how to explain it but I know he's done it before...It involves sort of rocking your feet from heel to toe and moving to the side...Anyway, I forget what song, but it was hilarious.

diamond said:

yes Bridget,:)

brother ryan told me ALOT of things about you..;)

he said you are a great person.

db9
:)

nice thread too.

Ha. Oh dear. I don't want to know what kinds of things. That boy knows too much.

He's a great person too. :) Maybe someday he will introduce me to you! Come to Chicago 3rd leg...Or, better yet, meet up with us in Dublin!!

PaleBlueDot said:

At Chicago I he did this hilarious dance on the mainstage...I don't know how to explain it but I know he's done it before...It involves sort of rocking your feet from heel to toe and moving to the side...Anyway, I forget what song, but it was hilarious.

the version I saw was during MW at Chicago 4

nurse chrissi said:

the version I saw was during MW at Chicago 4

Awww really? I missed out on Chicago 4. :( *sniffle* It sounds soawesome.

But I definitely did see him do it at Chicago 1, cuz I remember, visually, what I saw from the spot I was at the tip of the elipse, looking over the crowd in the elipse towards the main stage, and thinking...Edge is moving sideways! Cuz I couldn't see his feet, lol. But it was pretty obvious what he was doing.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was during MW. That song just makes ya wanna groooove. I was listening to chicago 4 at work today and when that song came up, I listened to it like 3 times and just sorta grooved in my seat. (No one comes in my office much, so I can do these sorts of things...) It doesn't help that I'm a bellydancer, either. :wink:

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:

Edge definitely has been humble and low key in the past but on this tour he is really busting out and relishing being on stage and being a rock star. He's so much more animated and energetic than I've ever seen him before.

I have to agree with you. :)
:ohmy: In Seattle when he yanked those Lp's away from that guy who resells them after they're signed I was blown away....so forceful :drool:

karmic_postmark said:

:ohmy: In Seattle when he yanked those Lp's away from that guy who resells them after they're signed I was blown away....so forceful :drool:

wow:combust:
would have loved to see that

PaleBlueDot said:

But I definitely did see him do it at Chicago 1, cuz I remember, visually, what I saw from the spot I was at the tip of the elipse, looking over the crowd in the elipse towards the main stage, and thinking...Edge is moving sideways! Cuz I couldn't see his feet, lol. But it was pretty obvious what he was doing.

I think I caught him doing that at Vancouver 1. He was sort of doing a little shuffle across the front of the main stage during his solo in Sunday Bloody Sunday! :cute:

PaleBlueDot said:

Ha. Oh dear. I don't want to know what kinds of things. That boy knows too much.

He's a great person too. :) Maybe someday he will introduce me to you! Come to Chicago 3rd leg...Or, better yet, meet up with us in Dublin!!

Chi town is a possibility 3rd leg.
Ryan only said nice things about you.:)
Sorry i missed you IM earlier was at gym.:(

In Seattle when he yanked those Lp's away from that guy who resells them after they're signed I was blown away....so forceful

Ms Karmic or anybody else, tell me the story behind this..I only saw a few pics w Edge and a bunch of albums and a few disgruntled looks on ppl's faces.

details please.

This doesnt mean that Adam is less sexy than Edge this tour by any means, only that Mr. Edge has big balls when pissed off.:yes:

Ok so somebody please share w me when Mr Edge got righteously angry w a huckster .:)

db9

Last edited:
Mucca said:

I love Edge's stomp! :love:
It was fun watching him walk around the stage then dash back to the microphone to do the backing vocals. :cute:

I agree Edge's stomp is pure Edgy sexiness:love:

Adam "is" looking sexy this tour and I love thatyou can see his
eyes now, (though my fav Adam era is Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum):kiss:

One of the highlights I looks forward to in this tour is seeing Larry
"macho strut" down the catwalk to his base drooom:drool:

But Bono is the one I fantasize about!:combust:

diamond said:
see...
but ladies don't tell Larry about Adam's new found sexyness.
:wink:

shhh..

db9

:eyebrow: "New found" ?

I thought he was hot on the "Red Rocks" video. *plus he's my age now in that video* Thing is, Adam's not "hey look at me!" he's very humble too, bit like Edge in that respect. How often does a bassist get noticed though, unless he/she's fronting the band?

If you want to see more Adam dancing, find the "Red Rocks" video, "bouncy" is how I'd best describe it.

Larry is kinda intimidating, and he doesn't want to be fawned over, so I basically respect that.

Edge is really nice but I can't comfortably say he's sexy as he bares a striking resemblance to my mom's ex, I even asked my sister, (she's not a big fan as me) and even she agreed he kinda looked like our ex-stepfather.

As long as Bono doesn't go back to Pop mart hair, he's fine by me.

Edge groovin!:love:.....

4e8cf692.jpg

speaking of which does anyone remember a clip about the Disco bus that was sale?...It was like an advertising and there was a small bus for sale that the guys of U2 were promoting and Bono is sing,Disco Bus, Buys our Disco bus!"
Edge is dancing inside the bus, I think there was even a disco ball
inside But Edge looked so cute dancing...I used to have it until my
comp crashed I lost it ...Does anyone know what Im talking about?

Last edited:
thrillme said:
"He's gone country, just look at them boots."

Sorry, forced to listen to country music growing up. Not all bad, but some is just, :|

LOL,I feel the same way :)

thrillme said:

:eyebrow: "New found" ?

I thought he was hot on the "Red Rocks" video. *plus he's my age now in that video* Thing is, Adam's not "hey look at me!" he's very humble too, bit like Edge in that respect. How often does a bassist get noticed though, unless he/she's fronting the band?

If you want to see more Adam dancing, find the "Red Rocks" video, "bouncy" is how I'd best describe it.

Larry is kinda intimidating, and he doesn't want to be fawned over, so I basically respect that.

Edge is really nice but I can't comfortably say he's sexy as he bares a striking resemblance to my mom's ex, I even asked my sister, (she's not a big fan as me) and even she agreed he kinda looked like our ex-stepfather.

As long as Bono doesn't go back to Pop mart hair, he's fine by me.

OK, Ive been watching these guys live since 1983, and here are my views:

Agreed Bono should never do the Pop Mart hair again.

Adam looks the best in "The Unforgettable Fire Video"

Edge looks the best in that purple suit during Zoo TV w the beret on I think in Sydney.

And right now this tour Adam has blossomed , nobody will ever top Bono's personality, but always let Larry think that he's still in charge.

db9:wink:

Last edited:
I suppose I should give my $.02 on U2's fashion choices over the years.

I will have to agree with Diamond in that I am not a fan of the handlebar moustache either. Not big on the cowboy hats for Edge either but I do like those cute little straw hats Bono has been wearing.

Adam: The sarong. It's hot. And sandals. Hot. There are lots of other guys I'd like to see in that look as well. I have no idea why, but it's hot.

karmic_postmark said:

Forceful Edge :drool:

I think all of the guys are at their total best right now (well, with the exception of Larry's hair). They each seem so comfortable with themselves and happy to be on stage. Must be about growing up.

nurse chrissi said:

Edge did this funky little dance during MW on Chicago 4 that so very cool :wink:

but I really really have gotten to appreciate the goodness that is Adam Clayton this tour

I'm taking credit for that. :wink:

On the 10th, everyone was making signs for Bono because it was his birthday, so of course I wanted Edge to feel loved too. So, I made him a sign that said "Edge Dance For Us" with little hearts on the bottom. He didn't see it on the 10th, but I figured I would bring it with me on the 12th just in case. Amazingly, I got into the elipse. So I took up home in front of Edge's microphone. As soon as I saw the Ric, I knew Mysterious Ways was coming up. So, I got the sign out and held it up enough for him to read it. He looked at it and laughed. When it was time for the little breakdown bit, right before "One day you'll look, back and you'll see...", he got to the front of the stage and started doing the arm thing, then just started dancing like crazy! I couldn't believe it. He even did the feet thing from ZooTV and Popmart. I'm surprised they weren't picking me up from the floor, lol.

I have video of it, I just need somewhere to upload it to.

Back
Top Bottom