The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorball Girl

Refugee
We haven't had a Pants thread in far too long.

Hehe, okay, this is a fairly inane post. But I was at Barnes & Noble last night and noticed this book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0385729332/reader/1/104-7355261-5529541#reader-link

ENTevB7BSlX740ZkZt+SBWYYWwJddulodvo=

And since I was with nooobody who would have found this remotely funny (even though I was giggling like a loon) I felt the need to share it with my PLEBA sisters.

So this is a book for young adults, or I so would have bought it. As it was I read the inside flap and it was great, because thy refer to the Pants with a capital P. So who would be a member of the sisterhood of the traveling Pants here? Elizabeth, Kristie, Elaine ... I think I'm missing someone. But anyway, I hereby decree that anyone who is a follower or admirer of the Pants (which includes me) is a member of this sisterhood.

So, I'm wondering. To all of you Pants women, how are the little guys doing? Do you have any new pictures of the adventures of you and your Pants to share with us? Anybody want to doctor the book cover to feature the correct Pants?
biggrin.gif

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

LMAO! Someone definitely needs to photoshop that book with the correct Pants.
biggrin.gif

Yay Daisy!
Those pants really are gorgeous. I wish I could afford a pair. How much were they again? There must be something I can sell.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by daisybean:
This is the best I could do

sisterpants.jpg

YAY Daisy!! The Pants are only improved by having Adam inside of them, after all.

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing

Wow, yeah, I knew they were expensive. That's a lot of money for pants. But not for Pants.
icon6.gif

adam_lights_haley.jpg

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
Ehm... even though I'm on a mission to find the pants that Larry wears (the ones with the cool skeleton on the back leg), I would like to be a member of the Pants Society. Por fay-vor.
biggrin.gif
I would also like to elicit the help of elizabeth and anyone else who can help me find Larry's Pants. it worked for elizabeth and I would like her mojo-vibeness to rub off on me.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Moonie, I promise if I ever find Larry wearing those pants, I will gladly and slowly take them off of him and they'll be all yours. If you're interested in the underpants, you could have those too, from my teeth to your hands. I swear upon the honor of PLEBA!

[This message has been edited by flaming june (edited 05-04-2002).]

Originally posted by flaming june:
Moonie, I promise if I ever find Larry wearing those pants, I will gladly and slowly take them off of him and they'd be all yours. If you're interested in the underpants, you could have those too, from my teeth to your hands. I swear upon the honor of PLEBA!

HOLY COW.
icon35.gif
LOL... thanks, flamingjune! the slowly taking the pants off kinda befuddled me.... I don't know if those pants would come off slow if I ehm... were given the opportunity. *blush*

Moonie
biggrin.gif

a pants thread!! just the thing i needed today!

sorry i have been absent for way too long, i should be finding my way back here more and more...

i need to give credit where credit is due and remind people elaine was the one who actually found the pants in a gucci fashion show... so she has the skills to find more and more pants....

my pants and i have been on some adventures in the past few months...

my pants and i watched the TERPS win the NCAA championship...

my pants and i got drunk with a guy from scotland...

my pants and i went to get a coffee...

but i have no photos of these momentous events!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

The Palace of My Shame

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
334376%3A%3B23232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E6%3B%3A%3E832%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232398655359nu0mrj

biggrin.gif

I'll bet the Pants have had many adventures...

LOL! Yeah, we needed another Pants thread.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

My Pants got chocolate all over them yesterday. They're going to the cleaners soon.
HI ELIZ! Missed ya!
wink.gif

Umm OH what are these Larrypants with a skeleton on the back leg? Picture? Sounds cool, I'd like to see.
That is all.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

Originally posted by Kristie:
My Pants got chocolate all over them yesterday. They're going to the cleaners soon.
HI ELIZ! Missed ya!
wink.gif

Umm OH what are these Larrypants with a skeleton on the back leg? Picture? Sounds cool, I'd like to see.
That is all.

OK.... I can describe it to you while I go on a mission and search for a picture of them.... ehm... did you watch the VH1 Pre-show before the Boston DVD was broadcast? He had them on then. I believe they're the pants that have the snaps. Black, and on the back right leg (I think...) there's a skeleton woven into the fabric. Or maybe it's a type of studding. I don't know. But, someone posted a picture on here and I nearly died because it was the pants. I'm going to go search for the picture right now.

*doo doo* *dum dum* *doo doo* *dooodle dooooo* *dooodle dooo* *duh-uh* <---- in case anyone's wondering if i've lost it, I haven't... just trying to type out the Mission Impossible theme. heh.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Ooo I DO have the preshow.. and that falls into the "U2 Vids I Am Not Abstaining From" category.
*runs off to find it*

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

OK... first I found the thread I originally had seen the pants on....
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/005000.html

Just for posterity's sake, I'll post the pictures I could find of the pants. Unfortunately, there's not much of Larry from the back (heh.) except in that pre-show when he's walking towards the stage to go on and play.

3343799923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E585%3E%3A%3B3%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232398674835nu0mrj

Look at the right leg, NO, not his stomach showing below his shirt, his RIGHT leg!
biggrin.gif

3343799923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E585%3E%3A%3B3%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323986747%3A%3Cnu0mrj

hmmmm... this is on the left leg. So, now I'm not sure which leg it's on. I think it's on the right leg and that one picture is flipped.

Anyhow. There's the evidence. Eh, I just think they're cool pants and y'know, would go really great with my Larry shoes.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Aww I miss the thrill of the Pants chase. I sadly am too poor to own a pair, but I would like to be a member as well. Boy all it takes to get me posting here again is mention of the glorious Pants! lol!
Now we have some new pants to track down too. I watched the pre show, but didn't tape it, so I don't remember what they looked like.

------------------
We're here for a good time not a long time.
--Bill Huber

Add me to the Too Poor for Pants Club.
smile.gif

------------------
"There's a danger in every story and every smile" - South

Ehm, Moonie, I think in both of those pics the design is on the right leg. Right? I'm not insane, am I?

At any rate, eeeeexcellent. Another pair of pants to find. Although maybe those were made especially for Larry. Maybe he spends his nights sewing designs on pants. lol! He and Edge and the bedazzler get together for Craft Night every now and then.

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing

So who would be a member of the sisterhood of the traveling Pants here? Elizabeth, Kristie, Elaine ... I think I'm missing someone. But anyway, I hereby decree that anyone who is a follower or admirer of the Pants (which includes me) is a member of this sisterhood.

Ehm... even though I'm on a mission to find the pants that Larry wears (the ones with the cool skeleton on the back leg), I would like to be a member of the Pants Society. Por fay-vor.
biggrin.gif
I would also like to elicit the help of elizabeth and anyone else who can help me find Larry's Pants. it worked for elizabeth and I would like her mojo-vibeness to rub off on me.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
Ehm... even though I'm on a mission to find the pants that Larry wears (the ones with the cool skeleton on the back leg), I would like to be a member of the Pants Society.
Moonie
biggrin.gif

Anyone who desires the Pants of U2 is a member of the sisterhood.
biggrin.gif

Larrypants ... that could be tough... but there is no job too big for the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing

mmm...pants...*drools*

wow...that just sounded like i was eating pants...hmmmmmm

*whips out fork and knife*

may i be in? even though i don't have the pants, i lust after them daily. if only i were rich like marina
wink.gif

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Official Member of SC

Laura, you are so in.
wink.gif
By the way, I, ahem, found a framed vacation photo of the Pants traveling in Bali:

334376%3A%3B23232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E6%3B%3A%3E832%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232398655359nu0mrj

biggrin.gif

I'll bet the Pants have had many adventures...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i actually truly belong in the sisterhood...seeing as i have been known to draw the pants in my free time...but no one needs me to post those pics again...

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Official Member of SC

Ehm, Moonie, I think in both of those pics the design is on the right leg. Right? I'm not insane, am I?

No, you're not insane. I think one of the two pictures was flipped because I'm almost positive that when I saw them the first time on the VH1 preshow, the design was on his back right leg.

As for craft night.... oh man... that totally cracked me up. LOL~
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

He and Edge and the bedazzler get together for Craft Night every now and then.

Craft night, LOL! I just had this mental picture of Edge walking around with a plastic box (you know the ones) full of beads and things. He seems to be a crafty fella, I even saw him sewing on Outside it's America.

Back
Top Bottom