The Return of Lola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee whiz, Bono, Nobel Peace Prize nominee and Humanitarian of the Century, still fighting over the stetson and a pair of trousers.

Shit, she must have some dirt on them! :lol:

"An appeal in Dublin launched by his former stylist"

But yes, Bono and the band still want to fight over this. I'm sure she has some dirt on them, so she's fighting over clothes. :lol:

^Well, that's probably what she wants the general public to believe. It seems as though she's want's to damage their reputation and credibility by any means possible. Like I said in my original post, "a woman scorned" and all that!! :wink:

The bands motives, the other hand, are, I believe, they don't want Ms Cashman to rip of their fans, i.e. US, by letting her auction off these items, which include persnal photographs, to the highest bidder. I mean they could easily prosecute her for trying to sell stolen goods but all they want is for her to return the stuff. Pretty generous if you ask me!! :eyebrow:

Illumination70 said:

Yep and it's because all these same people knew someone or (excuse the term) blew someone.

I'm saying if Lola is as nasty/crazy as people are saying she is, I often wonder who she knew or blew to get a sweet job working for the band.
Don't get me wrong, there are some people (the majority) who land employment with U2 through hard work and merit while there's a minority who get in through other ways.

I thought this bit, from The Irish Independent, was interesting:

The band are also fighting for the return of a number of other items which had been seen in her apartment including a video tape, video monitor, rosary beads, hundreds of photographs, the mugs and Christmas decoration.

John Rogers SC, for Ms. Cashman, said his client maintains she was gifted the items and that while Ms. Cashman was clearing out the band members' clothing she filled black sacks to be disposed of.

Rosary beads, mugs, Christmas decorations . . . maybe. But how does she explain the video monitor:

Bono: "Lola, it's the end of the tour and you've done a fabulous job. Have this video monitor as a token of our appreciation." :huh:

Or maybe when she was filling the black sacks with used clothing, the video monitor just happened to fall in there.

:shifty:

Same for used pants, I would think! But then, what do I know about the music industry?

As far as her having dirt on them...doesn't that seem like it should be the opposite way around, as in, they would not be suing her if she had dirt on them, for fear of her spilling it? The lawsuit is in no way keeping her from talking about her time with the band, as far as I know. If anything, it would make her more likely to get angry and kvetch about them.

Illumination70 said:

I'm saying if Lola is as nasty/crazy as people are saying she is, I often wonder who she knew or blew to get a sweet job working for the band.
Don't get me wrong, there are some people (the majority) who land employment with U2 through hard work and merit while there's a minority who get in through other ways.

She explains in her book how she got the job and it wasn’t how you’re suggesting.

I bought her book because I was intrigued and I thought that if someone who worked so close to the band publishes a book about that experience, there must had to be something interesting to read.

After reading it I just thought the woman’s ridiculous, shallow, and so on.

I don’t really have much respect for her now, although I think her skills has a stylist improved the band’s image at the time.

Ralphie said:
Same for used pants, I would think! But then, what do I know about the music industry?

As far as her having dirt on them...doesn't that seem like it should be the opposite way around, as in, they would not be suing her if she had dirt on them, for fear of her spilling it? The lawsuit is in no way keeping her from talking about her time with the band, as far as I know. If anything, it would make her more likely to get angry and kvetch about them.

Exactly!

Not to mention that she doubtless signed a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment (a common practice w/the rich and famous), and when she wrote the book it violated the agreement. And it would make no sense to hold back when you could make money telling all *and* you know you will get their lawyers on your ass...

Somebody recently quoted Bono as saying they took action when she "threatened" them with the book...it probably got this far because she went ahead and wrote it.

LostAtMoon said:

I don’t really have much respect for her now, although I think her skills has a stylist improved the band’s image at the time.

To be honest, I don't think she's all that great of a stylist. I felt like most of the JT "look" fell flat and had a certain blandness to it. The clothing especially was especially lacking; there just wasn't much that was aesthetically pleasing about it.

LostAtMoon said:

She explains in her book how she got the job and it wasn’t how you’re suggesting.

I bought her book because I was intrigued and I thought that if someone who worked so close to the band publishes a book about that experience, there must had to be something interesting to read.

After reading it I just thought the woman’s ridiculous, shallow, and so on.

You never know these days. I know that sounds assumptuous,but sleeze happens everywhere these days.

GracelandHarley said:
Presumptuous. No such word as assumptuous.

And enough of your sleazy (note correct spelling, again) innuendo on this subject. Really. :|

Agreed. Seriously, it's uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom