The RED Fly??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GypsyHeartgirl

POP for GIRLS
Has anyone ever seen Bono as the RED FLY?? Do you know the story behind this??

%3B%3C7643%3A32323%7Ego55%3Enu%3D3234%3E9%3A3%3E4%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232357%3A46367nu0mrj

You know I never thought about that! I know I didn't- I wouldn't have the slightest clue. Someone posted as a link on U2 wire back in Feb. or March of this year, I have no idea of its origins. Maybe it is a fake but it's not my doing. I never thought that but if you look real hard it does look tampered with. I don't know, that's why I posted it to get everyone else's opinions.

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
Heyyyyyy... has someone been playing with PhotoShop?

wink.gif

God, I never even thought of that...*Bonochick feels dumb*

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

I'm certain it's not a fake -- I've seen it before in a magazine I think, and it's been around for years. I've always just assumed it was a costuming idea that Bono toyed with during the early part of the Zoo TV tour but gave up later on.

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

Originally posted by u2zed:
I'm certain it's not a fake -- I've seen it before in a magazine I think, and it's been around for years. I've always just assumed it was a costuming idea that Bono toyed with during the early part of the Zoo TV tour but gave up later on.

Yes that pic is not fake, its been around the net for years! Well, I've seen it many times before, and it is on a magazine.

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I've heard of red ants, but never of red flies. Not so cool. I guess Bono worked that out too.

Hmm.... Red is cool, but it's definitely a MacPhisto color.
The Black Fly rules.
I think we're all agreed on THAT.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

Originally posted by MEMHPIS-EVE 007:

a comunist Fly???
smile.gif

ROFL..... a communist fly?!?!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

*Professor Bluey arranges her papers at the podium*
Ahem.
I believe in Flanagan's definitive work on the group, he coveyed that the "red fly" as many have refered to him, was not a "commie fly" or an "embarassed fly" but an early prototype of Macphisto. Bono later decided to clothe Macphisto in the infamous gold suit and horns after further consideration.
*Professor Bluey gathers her notes and places them in her red briefcase*
Any questions??
Very well, there will be an exam on this later in the term.
, Professor Bluey

eek.gif
Bono looks FAN-F'ING-FLYTASTIC in this red Fly outfit...it's scrumpdillyicious!
biggrin.gif
I think it's even more incredible than his black stuff...it's so shiney...so red...so dangerous...sooooo...touchable...
eek.gif

Plus he just looks so BLOODY good in red (get it? get it? um, nevermind), he needs to wear it more often. Need I remind everyone of THIS lovely pic??

sf14926.jpg

I'd heard he wore the red fly outfit during a concert in Italy...wish he'd drag it outta the mothballs for Texas, hoo-EEE!!!
biggrin.gif

disco

actually, i believe he wore red during the hershey park show, the first of the outside broadcast zootv shows in america. he, to my knowledge, only wore that for one show.

in fact, the whole show was weired. they started the whole show with pride, and played new years day, sunday bloody sunday, and something else BEFORE going into zoo station. i might be wrong.

to learn more, go to u2tours.com and navigate your way to the THIRD leg of ZooTV i believe.

------------------
-deathbear

It was in europe , in Rotterdam ( Holland ) , if to be straight

May 7 1993 - it was a semi-Rehearsal with bunch of fans invited inside , nor after , or before , he never used this red fly costume

Back
Top Bottom