The power of leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
I have no creative name for my thread *woe is me* but I was thinkin -- was there a defining moment you became a U2 fan? was it a gradual process? How did you get sucked in?

My obsession only just recently started, whenever it was that ATYCLB came out. I remember just liking beautiful day and buying the cd and falling in love with U2. I was really disgusted with everything else on the radio and thought it'd be a nice CD. Well akorse it's very very nice! Then I had to go buy the older Cds, and I started lookin for pics of Bono --once I found out how hot he is!-- then I stumbled across interference and here I am!

*sigh* OK I know everyone who opens this thread is lookin for a leathery pic. OK here ya go
%3B%3C%3B863232323%7Ego56%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D323236443372%3Bnu0mrj

swing yer pardner...

%3B%3C%3B863232323%7Ego56%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D3232364433457nu0mrj

mmmmmoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

%3B%3C%3B863232323%7Ego56%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D3232364433458nu0mrj

SOMEONE JUST PINCHED ME BUM!! OUCHIE!

I dunno if it's good or bad that I can give my non-U2-fan friends lectures and tutorials on the boys' lives but can't for the life of me remember where I left my sneakers...hm.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

I got U2 drummed in to me by my brother. I was about 7 when the Joshua Tree came out and he played it all the time.
Being the young innocent child that I was I stole it and grew to like it gradually.
Very glad you included the leather pics!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jody:

Being the young innocent child that I was I stole it

lol! no crime -- very fine set of songs there.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

It was Red Rocks and the War album for me, and the Bono infatuation kicked right in! Here's some leather for you!
TW69537.jpg

Uh47097.jpg

he72712.jpg

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

I gotta go find my mom with that bottle o' windex again...somebody *mysteriously* just licked the monitor....
wink.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I gotta go find my mom with that bottle o' windex again...somebody *mysteriously* just licked the monitor....
wink.gif

LOL!

Hello my name is Jody and I'm a leatheroholic.

For me, it started a looooooooooong time ago, back in the day when Mtv actually played videos!
biggrin.gif

We'd just gotten cable, I happened upon Mtv...one day I saw Gloria with these 4 guys playing on a "barge", the video was not that great, but okay by most video standards. The guy with the poofy blond hair caught my eye, oh my, I was maybe about 11 yrs old. So my love for Adam was not lust from the beginning as might be expected.
wink.gif
I just thought he looked odd and definitely different and that is what I liked about him. He was and still is the essence of COOL!!!!
I did go thru a Larry phase during UF, but it was short lived. Sorry gals, I can't/won't break free of Adam's spell.....
wink.gif
wink.gif

I am curious to see other's "How I became a U2 fan" stories....

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

If you want to kiss the sky..Better learn how to kneel..(on your knees boy!)

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
For me, it started a looooooooooong time ago, back in the day when Mtv actually played videos!
biggrin.gif

lol! Those mtv jokes never get old
smile.gif

more larry for me

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by Jody:
LOL!

Hello my name is Jody and I'm a leatheroholic.

*Mona smeeeeellllllls the leather* Booonnnnnnooooo.... o no! mommy is spraying the leather with windex! no! mother! Sounds like a scene from 'psycho'

------------------
~*Mona*~

Mona, forgot about the first part of your post! :p

I was a fan years ago, then drifted away during the best years (like a dork, AB-Pop), then a friend lent me his 'best of' U2 video, and that got the ball rolling, full steam...to the point of U2 obsession!!!! And it's been that way ever since!!

I'm literally counting the days and hours till they make the official announcement and the guys come back again on the 3rd leg...

*feels.......* OMG! Does any men in the world looks better on leather than Bono?? Geez... *DROOLS*

------------------
Life is short...so is Bono! Both of them are delicious, though

Here's a leather pic but I think the Bono inside is fake! I'm asking SG on her thread since she saw the 'real' fake thing in Vegas!
Damn hot regardless, but I guess if he's wax hot might not be the best thing.....
wink.gif

3z81835.jpg

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:
3z81835.jpg

Looking at this fake Bono makes methinks...
"even better than the real thing"? Methinks NOT!!!!
wink.gif

BTW..Samantha it does look like the wax Bono man SGoddess was kissing in her pics.

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

If you want to kiss the sky..Better learn how to kneel..(on your knees boy!)

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:
I guess if he's wax hot might not be the best thing.....
wink.gif

hhhhhoooooootttttt wwwwwwaaaxxxxxx......

what? SCRAP THE ANECDOTES!!!!! I'm making this a leather thread!!!!! BRING IT ON!!!

Mona's mommy: And don't like the monitor right after I windexed it! You know what Windex does to you.
Mona: *twitch* leather....waaxx...

actually the hairier Bono could use some waxin' ooo and then he'd be so smoooooth
%3B%3C%3B884832323%7Ego47%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D323235838999%3Bnu0mrj

*boycott the nostalia* *bring on the leather*
*LEATHER IS BETTER*

shoot. i see celebrity deathmatch b/t PLEBA and PETA in the near future
wink.gif

%3B%3C%3B884832323%7Ego55%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D32323578364%3A%3Bnu0mrj

Bono must be friends with cow farmers

%3B%3C%3B884832323%7Ego55%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D323235%3A2%3B3%3C8%3Bnu0mrj

*Mona goes into full vampire mode*

*Bono and Mona get in the Leathery Love Train with Pat Monahan and ride off into the cow-filled sunset*

------------------
~*Mona*~

My U2-love was really gradual. I found Zooropa at a yard sale for a buck when I was 12 or so, and liked it fairly well. (cue organ music) ...Little did Emily know that on that fateful day, the seeds of an obsession that would lead her to Pleba were sown!... Anyway, a few years later I got Achtung and JT and fell in love with them, and the rest is history!

For me, it was this particular and specific moment:

bonorahwowy.jpg

biggrin.gif
Yup, it was With or Without You. It was on Rattle and Hum because I didn't have the CD and my mom had the video (which is now mine). I saw Bono and that was it. I bought the Best Of Cd and the rest is history.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

My feeble attempt at a website:
Rattle And Hum

This is another "when Mtv played videos" antedote.
smile.gif

I was 9 years old and saw the video for WOWY one day. I didn't have any lustful feelings back then, but I did fall in love with the song. I remember loving all the JT stuff and thought that guy with the short brown ponytail was kindda cute....lol

The real obsession, however, came in 1992 when ZOO TV hit. I went into a U2 buying frenzy, hung up posters, etc., and "ditched" poor ol' Bono for sweet, Babyface Mullen. (That, my friends, is when those lustful feelings began to come out!!)
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 09-03-2001).]

My U2 LIKE started in high school (in 1981), when a college radio station was playing Out of Control off of Boy. I thought wow, what a cool song, and I got the album. (Yes, it was really a vinyl album lol). I got all of the records as they came out, and saw them play a couple of times. But I didn't really flip for U2 until Live Aid, and then the rest, as they say, is history.

I've been a fan longer than some of you guys have been alive!
wink.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I have also been a U2 fan since 1981. I always thought they were cute, especially Bono. One of the first things I noticed about him besides his good looks was that I was surprised he didn't have much of an Irish accent, I mean not like you hear on TV. Even though I liked them and thought Bono was very good looking, he didn't become SEXY to me until Live Aid, oh he looked SO HOT in that outfit, and the way he could bend and move in those tight black pants, his gestures and mannerisms, the way he ran his hands back through his hair, everything about him turned me on! He still does!

%3B%3C%3B88%3B%3A32323%7Ego55%3Enu%3D3234%3E9%3A3%3E4%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232358756556nu0mrj

%3B%3C%3B895632323%7Ego55%3Enu%3D3234%3E9%3A3%3E4%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232358756557nu0mrj

Hell yes, Gypsy... and the way he threw himself off that giant stage so he could go dance with that girl? He was just so wrapped up in the music and what they were trying to do... I bet the guards were like... crap man! Don't jump off the 20 foot stage!

U2, comes in as a supporting act smack in the middle of the show... and runs away with the whole damn thing!

smile.gif
smile.gif

Ahhhhhhhh... LiveAid!
smile.gif

**crzy goes off to listen to her LiveAid boot**

------------------

*Disco also SNNNNIIIIFFFFFFFS all over Boner's leather duds like a rock-n-roll dawgie* WOOF.

ya know, between all this on-line leather and the fact that our office VP prefers to wear leather pants as well, it's a wonder I can keep my mind on *anything else* around here!!! Aaaaaahhhhh!!!
eek.gif

*ponders*

Um...well, perhaps it doesn't help that I'm on Pleba all the live long day as it is...

biggrin.gif

Setting aside all potential musical or artistic ability, if my dad went strollin around with three buddies in leather...they'd be the laughing stock of the country! HOW do Bono and the boys do it?!
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

Hey now, crzy has a pair of leather pants... there's no age cut-off for leather y'know...
wink.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom