The PLEBA-laungauge school - Learn one or more European laungauges!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay, this is an idea from the "Calling FallingStar"-thread... Hope you like it! :wink:

Dear fellow PLEBAns - welcome to The PLEBA-laungauge school!

We invite you to learn one or more European laungauges - totally free of charge... This school is still on trial-basis - we actually don't know if we can get any students to sign up :lol: - but we hope that you're interested...

... So far we've only got two classes, but are - of course - planning on expantion with several other classes later! The classes you can choose are:

1) French (Teacher: miss-U2) - learn the language from the homeland of the Eiffel tower and what to say when you meet Bono in Ez?... :cool:

2) Danish (Teacher: Merc) - the language of the vikings, H.C. Andersen ans Viggo Mortensen! :laugh:

Please make a post to sign up - we'll start classes when there's enough students! That means more than one! :lol: If you speak a European lauguage yourself - please sign up as a teacher! :yes:

phonetically it's correct. :D

eins, zwei, drei, vier, f?nf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun, zehn

ich habe einen hund maybe, but yeah. :shifty:

:D

sign me up as a student! I know how to speak some French, Spanish, and Thai but they are all bad words! :shrug:

Phrases I know:
Spanish..
Yo soy freehole brickador de Mexico. (I am a mexican jumping bean) :der:

French:
Je va a la W.C. (I go to the bathroom)
Voluez vous couche avec moi, ma petite lapin? (Will you sleep with me , my little bunny?) :reject:

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Ich spreche Deutsch nicht gut. Ich habe kein Hund, aber ich habe f?nf Meereschweine (? guinea pig).
meerschweinchen - it's guinea piglets here :cute:

hablo un poco espa?ol tambi?n perro haciendolo solamente tres a?os en clases de espa?ol. o_O

:happy: except that i was talking about a 'dog' instead of a 'but' in taht sentence. ;) :lmao:

Dog in German is hunde right? And cat is katzen or is that more than one?

Sigh, I'd love to learn all these languages! How are we all going to learn all these languages? How about let's start with each teacher listing some PLEBA related words in their language!

dog= Hund - dogs=Hunde
cat= Katze - cats= Katzen

I'll start! :happy:

pleba related words...

:scratch:

what ARE pleba related words? O_O most words are the same anyway - let's sa ythe most important words like bono....mullet.....sexy.............baby....O_O

what about you say pleba words and the teacher translate it into their languages? ;)

How about stuff like 'hot pics' and 'post' and hair, eyes, chin, chest, arms and neck!

FallingStar said:
what about you say pleba words and the teacher translate it into their languages? ;)

Yes, sehr gute Idee FS! :up:

First lesson in PLEBA-school :)lol:): Please, if all the students (and teachers as well :D) would write the PLEBA-related words/sentences they want translated.

... and some homework for the diligent students: Please pratice the following letters in the Danish alphabet:

? / ? = You pronounce it like "Ehhh" when you don't know what to say, or the "e" in "escalator"

? / ? = :hmm: I seriosly can't think of any English word with a sound like "?" - I'll get back to you on that one...

? / ? = You pronounce it like the "o" in "open" or the ending part of "Pride" where theres no lyrics (you know what I mean?! :confused: )

Last edited:
:eeklaugh:

hot pics - hei?e Bilder (Pronounce: hi-seh beeldah)

post - is the same i'd say Post, yeah s an english word which is just made German ;)

hair - Haare (pronounced: Huhreh :laugh: )

eyes - Augen (Ow-ghen)

chin - Kinn ('Keen' but the 'ee' has to be pronounced short like in 'big')

chest - Brust :)drool: GOOD word, pronounced: broost)

arms - Arme (armeh :laugh: )

neck - Hals (huls)

:lmao: that's real fun!

U2Kitten said:

How about stuff like 'hot pics' and 'post' and hair, eyes, chin, chest, arms and neck!

Hot pics = You can use the word "hot" in Danish as well in this connection (when someone is looking really good), but I would translate it to: L?kre billeder...
Or if it's really hot (might I suggest JT-Bono?! :wink: ) I would say: Totalt l?kre billeder or Kanon l?kre billeder

(Directly translated: hot = l?kker and pictures = billeder)

Post = I actually don't think we've got a Danish word for that :eeklaugh: - you mean it like "replying to a thread", right?!

Hair = H?r

Eyes = ?jne

Chin = Hage

Chest = Bryst

Arms = Arme

Neck = Hals

Edited to say: I've got to think about a way to write how we pronounce the words - I'll get back with that... :scratch:

Last edited:
'hot pics' - Fotos candentes
'post' - Escribir I would guess cos there's not really a word for post
hair - Cabello or pelo
eyes - ojos
chin - barbilla
chest - pecho
arms - brazos
neck - cuello

I know "er haat einen guten kurper" that's my phonetic spelling of German "he has a nice body"

also

"du hash schmooltziga untavesha" again phonetic (lmao) for "you have dirty underwear."

:angel: :laugh:

Anyone up for some swedish.....it's not very unlike danish but the funny thing is that while the danes usually understand us swedes very well, we usually don't understand them at all.....

However, my mother is from the south of sweden(near Denmark)
so I understand Danish pretty well.....

here it goes....

P? svenska(In Swedish)

Hair = H?r

pron: Whore

Eyes = ?gon

pron: ewww-gone

Chin = Haka

pron: haw-kah

Chest = Br?st

pron: Brewst

Arms = Armar

pron: are-mare

Neck = Hals

pron: like the name "Hulse"

and a little homework to figure out for yourself.....:lol:

Jag ?lskar dig.....

Last edited:
I'll never be able to learn everything, but I'm going to try! :crazy:

Question to Merc and Lemonboy, do you have to have special keyboards with the extra letters? How can we with plain keyboards translate that, is there something to compare it to?

Back
Top Bottom