The ONE Campaign in Boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi PLEBA!

Just to let everyone know that there is a 10 minute video of Bono's talk before the City Year group on 27 July 2004 in Boston!:up:

Go to http://www.theonecampaign.org and click on the "Media" icon and you will be able to see some pics and view the video of the B-man's talk!:wink:

I HIGHLY recommend this talk of Bono's. He is VERY relaxed, cheerful and seems totally at peace with himself which is GREAT to see. THIS IS BONO AT HIS BEST!:angel:

And, of course, if you haven't already signed your name to The ONE Campaign's petition for Africa's Future, NOW IS THE TIME TO DO SO! :hug:

Do it first for the People of Africa and then think of the smile that you'll put on the B-man's wonderful face.

And KUDOS FOR BONO for saying "IT'S MY JOB TO BE MYSELF...."

He's completely right.

BONO, YOU ARE LOVED FOR SIMPLY BEING YOU ! :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Thanks, I was wondering if that had appeared anywhere!

I don't know if these are posted anywhere yet...I'm on the One Campaign mailing list and there was a link to these in the latest update:

33%3B4467923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232359544%3A89%3Aot1lsi

33%3B4467923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232359544%3B2%3A%3Aot1lsi

33%3B4467923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23235954493%3B%3Bot1lsi

33%3B4467923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232359545%3C%3A3%3Bot1lsi

Thnaks, Schmeg, for the blowups of those BEAUTIFUL BONO pics from The ONE Campaign rally!:wink:

I agree, SherryDarling, I was impressed with that statement of the B-man too. We DO NEED more Americans who will look out - broaden their worldview - to include the rest of the world, especially the poorest and most dispossessed people.:yes: :up:

And then to take their awareness and put it into POSITIVE ACTION to make our world a better place for everyone. :hug:

And I agree - Bono is in rare form right now (both in his looks and his attitude). :angel:

KEEP IT UP, BONO! :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Schmeg said:
Thanks, I was wondering if that had appeared anywhere!

I don't know if these are posted anywhere yet...I'm on the One Campaign mailing list and there was a link to these in the latest update:

33%3B4467923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232359544%3A89%3Aot1lsi

I hadn't seen them yet. Thanks! :drool: He looks so good!

Completely unrelated, but is he wearing that Lance Armstrong/cancer braclet (the yellow one)? I can't remember the exact name of the charity it's for.

ylimeU2 said:

I hadn't seen them yet. Thanks! :drool: He looks so good!

Completely unrelated, but is he wearing that Lance Armstrong/cancer braclet (the yellow one)? I can't remember the exact name of the charity it's for.
According to the latest U2 News post, he is! I'm pretty sure it's called Live Strong, if I remember the article right. :up:

Last edited:
ylimeU2, the yellow wristbands are being sold to benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation (http://www.laf.org). :wink:

Living here in Austin, I have seen Lance Armstrong several times cycling through town over the years, so he is like U2 in Dublin - he's loved and respected, but people pretty much leave him alone for his privacy. :up:

But I was THRILLED to see the B-man with one of those yellow "Live Strong" wristbands. The struggle to help people who have HIV/AIDS live a meaningful and strong life is VERY SIMILAR to the struggle that people who have cancer must go through.:hug:

GO BONO! GO LANCE! :angel: :bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

:bono: :drool: :heart: :up: :bow: :applaud: :hug:

If I had any doubts that he really meant it about this stuff (I confess, I'm a cynic by nature), they're gone now. That was amazing. Rock on, Bono.

Yea, saltwaterkiss26, BONO IS THE BEST! :yes:

At least, I don't know of anyone better. (and I'm glad I don't because I really like and admire the B-man!) :angel:

Thanks for the positive response - it's nice to revive this thread and to encourage folks to go watch this video which is still up on DATA's website. :up:

You will be glad you did - Bono is in RARE FORM! :hug:

WE GET TO CARRY EACH OTHER....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Back
Top Bottom