The most pathetic U2 thing you've ever done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carmelu2fan said:

AWWW, Galeongirl...I had no idea that you have not been to a show this tour:( I had to really save my pennies to go to these shows myself. The nearest show was a 2 hour drive the other 4 hour and I took a plane to Chi town twice.

The Slane DVD is awsome, I never get tierd of that.:rockon:

One day you will be able to see a U2 show live, I can feel it.:hug:

I feel so pathetic here, I've never seen them live... :sad: the concerts here were sold out in 20 minutes(all three) and I was not THAT hyper hyper active U2 fan back in february, I got my first cd(HTDAAB) in january, ever since I have not been the same boring person ever again :lol: (and the person giving me the album is very very much regretting it :p )
and my parents didn't want me to go alone, and I had no-one to go with.... but yesterday I finally succeded in giving the Bono-virus to a girl from school... her father's a U2 fan but her mother forbid her father to buy more cds after Joshua Tree(those people must be PUNISHED I tell ya!) and I sent them some songs, and the NYD vid :p and now she is addicted... she wants to go to a show if they ever return, and even want to go to dublin with me... :) it makes me happy to read all your stories tho, about being onstage with him or meeting him at the studios... and someday I hope to meet my heroes myself *sigh* :drool: and scratch Bono's chin... ;) right miroslava? ;)

u2radioheadgrrl said:

I feel so bad for the both of you! :(
I'm thankful my husband understand my U2 obession and gives up the TV for when I want to watch my DVDs.

:hug: thanks...I've actually just been so darn busy I haven't had a chance to watch TV in months:crazy: but my hubby and I got to curl up and watch part of christmas eve:heart::drool:

When I was in NYC and I was sightseeing with friends, I would see the NBC sign or St. Patrick's cathedral or whatever, and be like, "U2. Drove. Down. This. Street." And I'd try and re-create the angle of it in a picture the way it was shown as in the ABOY video. I also have a picture

Also, when I was walking through Times Square to go see a show, and I looked up to one of the gigantic screens and MTV was showing footage from the U2 Brooklyn Bridge "surprise" concert. I screamed and grabbed my friend, then took as many pictures as I possibly could, while at the same time trying to " savour the moment" :lol: And on our way back from the show, the same screen was showing the SYCMIOYO video! I was going on and on about how absolutely incredible the chances were that we would see U2 before AND after. It was pretty crazy.

kafrun said:
That and anytime I'm talking to someone and there's a lull in the conversation, I start in with: "You know who's great? Bono." :yes:

:coocoo:

Ha! I totally do that! I alternate with that and "You know who I LOVE? Bono!"

Galeongirl said:

I feel so pathetic here, I've never seen them live... :sad: the concerts here were sold out in 20 minutes(all three) and I was not THAT hyper hyper active U2 fan back in february, I got my first cd(HTDAAB) in january, ever since I have not been the same boring person ever again :lol: (and the person giving me the album is very very much regretting it :p )
and my parents didn't want me to go alone, and I had no-one to go with.... but yesterday I finally succeded in giving the Bono-virus to a girl from school... her father's a U2 fan but her mother forbid her father to buy more cds after Joshua Tree(those people must be PUNISHED I tell ya!) and I sent them some songs, and the NYD vid :p and now she is addicted... she wants to go to a show if they ever return, and even want to go to dublin with me... :) it makes me happy to read all your stories tho, about being onstage with him or meeting him at the studios... and someday I hope to meet my heroes myself *sigh* :drool: and scratch Bono's chin... ;) right miroslava? ;)

I'm right there with ya. I ain't seen 'em live, same reason as you. Tickets sold out quickly, wasn't as insanely obsessed back then. I only really became INSANELY obsessed (I was obsessed before this) when I realised Bono was the hottest man alive. And that was August some time. When I read Rose's Diary by YDW (Thank you! I bow at your feet and worship you!) was when I saw the light.

SimplyConfused said:

I'm right there with ya. I ain't seen 'em live, same reason as you. Tickets sold out quickly, wasn't as insanely obsessed back then. I only really became INSANELY obsessed (I was obsessed before this) when I realised Bono was the hottest man alive. And that was August some time. When I read Rose's Diary by YDW (Thank you! I bow at your feet and worship you!) was when I saw the light.

with me it's worse... I liked all the music, and A WEEK after the tickets sold out I went nuts on the internet and :drool: ing over Bono... I could literally whack my head on the desk for not discovering them earlier!(okay I loved beautiful day bac then, and thought the singer was hot, but I was 12! I didn't care much about music!) uhggg I still hate myself for not discovering them, about years before?

MrsSpringsteen said:
I named a shamrock plant Bono :wink:

I have a rat named Bono :D
it's so cool when I go to the vet and they say "Bono Linde" when it's my turn :) (Linde is my last name)

I wanted to call my last rat Edge, but I figured it would be a little too much :angel: Now that I think of it... It's not! xD

Edgy Thing said:

I have a rat named Bono :D
it's so cool when I go to the vet and they say "Bono Linde" when it's my turn :) (Linde is my last name)

I wanted to call my last rat Edge, but I figured it would be a little too much :angel: Now that I think of it... It's not! xD
rofl that's brilliant!!! If I ever get a new cat(last kitten died after a meeting with a car's front wheels) I'd call it Bono :) but my current cat wasn't that happy with the other kitten, so we won't get any new ones :( well, when Im on my own I'll get a cat... that has to be a Bono :p

Galeongirl said:

rofl that's brilliant!!! If I ever get a new cat(last kitten died after a meeting with a car's front wheels) I'd call it Bono :) but my current cat wasn't that happy with the other kitten, so we won't get any new ones :( well, when Im on my own I'll get a cat... that has to be a Bono :p

D: That sucks.. I'm not allowed to ahve anymore rats.. :( I have 3. <:3 )~~

One time some people wanted to know what I wanted for christmas, and I said a lot of things I wanted. then pause and nearly shouted "AND BONO!!!" :D
They were all like :eyebrow: Ok..? And where do you plan him to stay?"
"In a cage! :D I will feed him, and love him!"
They were like :|
Then I said "No, wait! I already have Bono in a cage at my room..!"

It was hilarious to see their faces, cos they had forgotten about rat-Bono :angel:

Edgy Thing said:

D: That sucks.. I'm not allowed to ahve anymore rats.. :( I have 3. <:3 )~~

One time some people wanted to know what I wanted for christmas, and I said a lot of things I wanted. then pause and nearly shouted "AND BONO!!!" :D
They were all like :eyebrow: Ok..? And where do you plan him to stay?"
"In a cage! :D I will feed him, and love him!"
They were like :|
Then I said "No, wait! I already have Bono in a cage at my room..!"

It was hilarious to see their faces, cos they had forgotten about rat-Bono :angel:
:lol: *dies lauging*
brilliant!!!!
I wouldn't mind the real one in a cage either... :drool:
do you have pics of your rat?? did you make him shades??? or a cowboy hat?

Galeongirl said:

:lol: *dies lauging*
brilliant!!!!
I wouldn't mind the real one in a cage either... :drool:
do you have pics of your rat?? did you make him shades??? or a cowboy hat?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

No, but I HAVE to do that! xD
Yep, he's a Champagne Hooded rat, but you can't really see that his head is light-brown.. :/
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/BlackPaw211/BonoIVinduskarmen.jpg

I have to name my future dog Bono.. :lmao:
Think about calling out "BONO!!!" When you take him for a walk, and let him go without a leash! xD

LOL those are great...I also point out anywhere where I know U2 has played at. Giants Stadium, MSG (the 3 times I was in NYC and heading through NJ) and even here at home I do it also...LOL...for some reason even though they're not even in the vicinity I get really excited...

Also, on the taping...LMAO I have 3 or 4 FULL 6 hour tapes of U2ey things I taped off TV :)

lovebono said:
I can see Bono's face on our bathroom floor:|
It's just random lines and patterns, and the other day I noticed a face with shades.....:ohmy: BONO?!
Time to get a life, maybe?:wink:

:lmao: Mars!! :D I see since I was 3 a crocodile in my bathroom's floor!! Not that that has anything to do with U2, but you know... now it'll remind me of this thread, so THAT'D be really pathetic!! :lol:

VicksSs said:

:lmao: Mars!! :D I see since I was 3 a crocodile in my bathroom's floor!! Not that that has anything to do with U2, but you know... now it'll remind me of this thread, so THAT'D be really pathetic!! :lol:

Vicky!:hug:
I've done lots of pathetic things:tongue:
Like pretending U2 were behind the sofa at a dinner party...:shifty:

And pretending I was Bono, flirting with all my blonde friends asking them to visit my beach, 'cause then we could make out in a bathtub....:wink: And I'm a girl:| We got married in the end, and I've never done a "Bono" since :laugh:

I've got some more pathetic moments...

I named one of my puppies Harley ('cause Larry likes Harleys) and I had a fish named Bono. I was thinking about getting some more and naming each after a band member.

I play in my college's pep band (we play at basketball games) and in March we go to Cleveland for championship games. Well, the previous month I had purchased my tickets to see U2 in concert in the very arena we were at for the basketball games. As I was standing on the arena floor I was picturing U2's stage set up and was like "The ellipse should be about there. I could be standing right here in like 9 months!" LOL!

Let's see....
there was this one time that my mom went to pay a bill at "Rentway" (dodododo) anway...Beautiful Day was on and mom kept tugging at me to leave, cause she was ready to go...and I coudln't move

Then about a week later, we were driving past there and I looked out my window at their tvs, just in case and I think What's Goin' On was on, or Walk on, one of those vidoes and I yelled, "TURN AROUND GO BACK....GO BUY SOMETHING OR OSMETHING, JUST GO BACK ! YOU PASSED THEM!"

we almost go in an accident :reject:

at our local bar in Holland, my friend and I just have to wave at the dj and he plays Sunday Bloody Sunday for us..then we'll do our very pathetic but fun dance which includes the 'marching' Bono does in the video with the white flag.
The worst part is..we do this EVERY week :wink:

Lemon3 said:
I've got some more pathetic moments...

I named one of my puppies Harley ('cause Larry likes Harleys) and I had a fish named Bono. I was thinking about getting some more and naming each after a band member.

I play in my college's pep band (we play at basketball games) and in March we go to Cleveland for championship games. Well, the previous month I had purchased my tickets to see U2 in concert in the very arena we were at for the basketball games. As I was standing on the arena floor I was picturing U2's stage set up and was like "The ellipse should be about there. I could be standing right here in like 9 months!" LOL!

Pep band? Cool! What instrument do you play?

Leetah said:
at our local bar in Holland, my friend and I just have to wave at the dj and he plays Sunday Bloody Sunday for us..then we'll do our very pathetic but fun dance which includes the 'marching' Bono does in the video with the white flag.
The worst part is..we do this EVERY week :wink:

:dance: :dance:

:nerd:

:wink: :tongue:

Dismantled said:

Oh don't feel so bad MsPurrl, I got Rattle and Hum as a wedding gift in September....I only got around to watching half of it last weekend:reject: we are in the same boat:reject:

Bono should punish us:drool:

I did manage to get MrPurrl to go to the 9/20 Chicago show with me--he's "hooked", but not to the extent that I am.

Back in 2001 when swandiver and I each scored two tickets to the Notre Dame show, we couldn't convince him or our brother or our other sister to go; and they all regretted it later. So they did get to go this time, either in May or September, and we are all one big happy family of U2-ers, with big, goofy grins on our faces whenever we hear/see them. :wink:

Hmmm...pathetic?

I went to 6 shows this year. Spent approx. $1700, foregoing the dentist, dr's and oh yeah, my cable was turned off.:wink:

And I know I'd do it all again:ohmy:

Another embarrassing moment:

My mom and I were driving home one night in our neighborhood, and on the radio (which wasn't very loud at the moment), I suddenly heard what sound like MW...so I freak out and gasp, which nearly give my mom a heart attack, who comes to a complete stop, thinking there's an animal up ahead or something. I think she got a bit mad at me for scaring her all for a U2 song :wink:

...oh yea, I sort of told my global teacher about how obsessed with U2 I am...just before the Buffalo show he said to me "So are you going to the show on Friday?" :ohmy:

MsPurrl said:

I did manage to get MrPurrl to go to the 9/20 Chicago show with me--he's "hooked", but not to the extent that I am.

Back in 2001 when swandiver and I each scored two tickets to the Notre Dame show, we couldn't convince him or our brother or our other sister to go; and they all regretted it later. So they did get to go this time, either in May or September, and we are all one big happy family of U2-ers, with big, goofy grins on our faces whenever we hear/see them. :wink:

I so regret not trying to go to the Notre Dame show. I was just really getting into U2 at that time, so I guess I didn't realize what I was missing. Sweet concert though (I've got a bootleg).

But ya, I got my sister hooked too. She came with me to the Cleveland show and afterward she said to me "all right, I understand now" (talking about why I loved U2 so much)

<3U2 said:
Another embarrassing moment:

My mom and I were driving home one night in our neighborhood, and on the radio (which wasn't very loud at the moment), I suddenly heard what sound like MW...so I freak out and gasp, which nearly give my mom a heart attack, who comes to a complete stop, thinking there's an animal up ahead or something. I think she got a bit mad at me for scaring her all for a U2 song :wink:

I did that a long, long time ago. Luckily we were driving up our deserted street going to our house. She sort of swerved a bit and yelled "WHAT'S WRONG, WHAT IS IT?!"

"It's.... IT'S U2!!!"

Needless to say, she wasn't amused.:|

MsPurrl said:

thats awesome!!!:rockon:

You saw them at Nortre Dame:drool: ! I have a bootleg of that show:drool: :D

Back
Top Bottom