The Kitchen is Closed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeSt

War Child
After 8 years, U2's Clarence Hotel club the Kitchen is closing its doors due to a decline in business. You can reda about it on youtwo.net or i'm sure any other U2-news site. Sad news as I'm moving there at the end of april, but hopefully will get to get there at least once before it fully shuts down.

The Clarence hotel will still be there which is always good, i love it i visit it like 6 times a year incase i meet the boys
biggrin.gif

Arent they gonna make the kitchen some celebrity place or something?

This is indeed sad news. But all of you Dublin-goers can still drink at the Octagon Bar, which is pretty cool itself.

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

that is sad news, doesn't bono own a dozen restaurants around dublin?!? maybe we can visit those instead whilst staying at the clarence!
smile.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
lost on a silent planet
two lone, rising stars
locked in a silent planet
so close and yet so far...

NO WAY!!!!!!!!! Say it ain't so...I guess I'll never get a chance to visit this awesome place.

Man, that totally sucks. Hey MG - hope you guys get a chance to see the place before it shuts its doors for good. Take lots of pics for us!
frown.gif
frown.gif

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! How dare they close it!!!! But at least i'll get to visit before it closes down *crosses fingers*
frown.gif
that's so sad tho

Nooo!! I was just reading about it today!
frown.gif
I really wanted to go someday...
frown.gif

------------------
-- Sara
the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind

Decline in business? Are those ppl over there CRAZY?? I thought it would be full all the time! Why the PLEBA girls alone could keep it in business. I wish I was there.

Originally posted by Charity:
Why the PLEBA girls alone could keep it in business. I wish I was there.

Yees, Stage a Protest (this was brought up in chat last night)

Crazed PLEBA Girls chain themselves to nightclub bar.

Okay one half of us will go to the Kitchen and the other half will go to Hanover.

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

I was there over St. Patrick's weekend, and I swear there weren't 10 people in the place. I was wondering how they could keep it open like that.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
I was there over St. Patrick's weekend, and I swear there weren't 10 people in the place. I was wondering how they could keep it open like that.

Exactly! The entrance fee was ridiculous and the music sucked. Sowwy Bono, wasn't my kind of club either.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

"If Larry's gay, I'll be a man!" -Michelle-

I think they are thinking about changing it.

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by AM:
I think they are thinking about changing it.

Exactly!

THE KITCHEN, which is harder to get into than Zimbabwe at the moment, is set to close for a facelift and a much needed makeover.

biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom