The Interview, Brad Pit, Bono, W/Diane Sawyer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Anyone watching? She's interviewing Brad Pit about the One campaigne - interviews w/ Bono and playing snippets of One already.
Heart wrenching, but :up: to Diane Sawyer. Good interview so far.

Edited to say it half over at 9:25 central time..

Last edited:
Of course I am.

I'm also taping it as it will be a GREAT primer for those I speak with about The ONE Campaign about the goals and the possibilities of what ONE is all about!

Great publicity for ONE - right before the G8 meeting in July.

Oh Jamila, thanks!
I look forward your transcript!

Ps: Bonofox... that pic... OMG!

that was a great point he made about how much money those paparazzi make taking his picture and how that could be used in Africa

good for him for doing what he's doing and raising awareness :up: I guess he truly was inspired by Bono

If anyone taped this and could make a copy I would be indebted to you forever! I'm sick with strep and possibly mono so I passed out at 6 pm last night and slept through the show I'd be looking forward to for weeks. :sad:

I think Brad's good hearted too- that's the impression I get, that he genuinely cares and that's his motivation.

He's not quite as articulate as Bono is about it, but to be fair Bono has had far more practice :wink:

Its was a great interview and good exposure about Africa and the ONE Campaign. I thought the timing was perfect what with Blair's visit to America and Bush's saying that he would not back any sort of debt relief to Africa and admitting that he will not be able to fulfill the Millennium Debt Goal that was agreed upon by the G8 leaders in 2002!:mad:

We've (ONE and Data.org) been pounding the pavement here in Seattle in raising awareness and handing out white bands at various events. Most people that we've talked too are very interested and willing to get something accomplished. Our goal is to get 3,000 signatures on the letter to Bush by the end of June!

MrsSpringsteen said:
I think Brad's good hearted too- that's the impression I get, that he genuinely cares and that's his motivation.

He's not quite as articulate as Bono is about it, but to be fair Bono has had far more practice :wink:

totally agree.
when bono was featured last night even for a few brief moments, you can really see what a gift he has for communicating....brad definitely was not as polished, but he came off as sincere and compassionate, and that's really what it is all about.

I thought the interview was great...I admire Brad for the work that he is doing over there in Africa!!!! He is very easy to look at too:drool: .... I liked how the played the song"ONE" at the end of the interveiw...it really moved me....

I admire Brad for his efforts. I thank him for using his celebrity, $ & time to help those in need. I am sorry but I couldn't see Jennifer Anniston as the type who would want to get her hands dirty with such matters. Go Brad!

Yeah, I perfer Bono over Brad too.....Bono is a sexy ass man 4 sure....

great interview all around - I renewed my brad pitt crush from the legends of the fall period last night:wink:
He appears deeply committed to the cause and willing to wear his heart on his sleeve - to me that is sexy (plus he's from Missouri:D)

also when did he start dressing and talking like Bono? That too is very sexy:drool:

starsgoblue said:
I wanted to see this so bad! :banghead:

:hug: I would have taped it but I was on vacation and away from basic human necessities such as a VCR/Tivo/Internet connection - it wasn't pretty :wink:

Soory Stars:(

I watched but since it wasn't U2 solo I didn't tape it. (I have everything else imaginable if anyone would like a copy).

I was very happy at the % of the show about MPH and not just celebrity. I also liked how he didn't answer and just sort of stared her down when AJ questions were asked. He just really didn't answer.

Bravo to Brad, hope this makes a difference.

(Here is the letter that Ms. M is talking about)

Here is an email that I received this week from DATA which was sent to their organizers (volunteer and paid staff). It contains a letter that can be downloaded, copied and distributed to your friends and families to sign and be sent back to DATA.

After you have these letters signed, please send them back to DATA BEFORE 25 June, 2005. Their address is:

DATA
1400 Eye Street NW
Suite 1125
Washington DC 20005

These letters will be delivered to Pres. Bush before he leaves for Scotland for the G8 meeting 6-8 July 2005.

Thanks for everything that you do for Africa's Future!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE campaign supporters:

Tomorrow begins the countdown to the G8 summit. Attached you will find
the letter to President Bush that the ONE campaign is using to
encourage him to attend the G8 summit in July with a positive plan for Africa
and other impoverished nations. Please use this in your outreach and
ask friends, family, church members and members of your community to sign
onto this letter. You can use this letter in churches for the week of
Faith (June 12th- 18th) and all month at events in your area.

Print the letter, make copies and ask people to sign them and include
their complete address.

The ONE Campaign

Dear President Bush,

Because:

• ONE billion people around the world live on less than ONE dollar a day;
• The US government spends less than ONE percent on overcoming global AIDS and poverty;
• Citizens are uniting as ONE across political and religious divides to support action to overcome the emergency of global AIDS and extreme poverty.

At the G8 leaders meeting on July 6th we urge you to:

• Help the poorest people of the world fight poverty, AIDS and hunger at a cost equal to just ONE percent more of the US budget on a clear timetable;
• Cancel 100% of the debts owed by the poorest countries;
• Reform trade rules so poor countries can earn sustainable incomes.

We urge you to lead an historic deal with other nations to help Africa and the poorest nations overcome global AIDS and extreme poverty. Together as ONE, we can Make Poverty History this July.

Sincerely,

Address: ____________________________________

City, State: ____________________________________

Zip code: ___________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ms. M, I'm doing the same thing down here in Texas with the letters for President Bush. I'm hoping to get 300 signed letters all by myself. (every little bit helps)

If you watched the Brad Pitt show last night, or even if you didn't, SIGN THIS LETTER and mail it back to DATA asap!

As I watched the interview with Brad, I kept thinking to myself, "Tom Cruise. This is HOW you help people."

One thing that struck me was how Brad seemed to be so humbled by his experience in Africa. It really puts things into perspective. I shouldn't complain about my student loans. Some of these African kids don't even get a chance to go to school.

And though, I'm not much of a kid person, I really wanted to get to know these African kids better. They were awesome.

And I'm glad Brad didn't trash Jen and keeping private about Angelina Jolie. It's not really our business.

Jamila,

Thanks for letting us know about the letter from DATA. Our local DATA person has left her post and the new person hasn't been in touch so I didn't even know about this! I'll send it on to others as well.

Back
Top Bottom