The heart goes on and on... to the Super Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Gina Marie:
A couple more pics....

Um-what exactly is going on in this one?*note Larry and Bono-maybe it's just an 'odd angle'
wink.gif

10.jpg

whoa!!! slashy!!!

maybe larry handles bono's balls well.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

OKAY! THAT'S IT! i will refrain from any further joking sexual comments. i don't want to get yelled at. i think i've scandalized this thread enough, anyhow.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

Originally posted by madonna's child:

maybe larry handles bono's balls well.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

OKAY! THAT'S IT! i will refrain from any further joking sexual comments. i don't want to get yelled at. i think i've scandalized this thread enough, anyhow.

WOOO Yes you have!
*has spent too much time on FF.net also and is now trying to stay away from it*

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

[This message has been edited by On The Edge (edited 01-31-2002).]

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Here's a great article I just found. You can tell this guy is really a fan...

biggrin.gif
Thankyou!!! That was really great reading...
biggrin.gif
I love the ending about what he does with his free time.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Bono's hair isn't that short... it's mostly because they are dry and there's no gel in them or anything. When they are wet, they are appear to be longer... I mean look at this pic:

superbowlpc5.jpg

He trimmed them a little... but he always does... I guess he needs to keep a fresh cut. Like during the Zoo TV era... he had them longer, then in the show from Sydney he had them shorter. So he has them at "Sydney" lenght right now... and I'm sure as hell not gonna say it doesn't look good!
wink.gif

By the way, there's a video from the press conference now... it's quite funny:
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/trabbie/lst?&.dir=/Share&.src=bc&.view=l&.last=1

enjoy!!!

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

There's no truth to the rumor that "Sunday Bloody Sunday" was penned after the Bears demolished the Patriots in Super Bowl XX, Bono said. ouch Bono-that one hurts
wink.gif

WHooooo-HOOOO!! Bono mentions The BEARS!!! I love my team. Dammit, if the Bears would have made it to the Super Bowl we would have had the "Super Bowl Shuffle" U2 style!! (mind wanders...)
Anyway, every year my friend Matt has a massive Super bowl party at his house complete with 3 TVs, tons of food and way too much alcohol. In honor of U2 playing half time and to make me happy Matt has designated the big screen TV the U2 half time TV! Noone is allowed to make fun of U2 or talk during the performance around this TV. I love my friends. They know me so well. I want to see the Rams killed, btw.
biggrin.gif

------------------
ScottPhisto's Offical Bed and Martini Shaker
If you dream,
Dream out loud

Update on my comment: Now that I've seen him on the news thing I don't think his hair is short anymore ~whew~ looked like he had plenty in the back to me, the sides are shorter though. I still really don't like those dark brown shades though but that's okay. I can't wait for Sunday! Maybe Edge will wear his bedazzled jeans again, I hope so!
smile.gif

LMAO @ butt pic you girls are a riot!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Madonna's Child:

1. So you're not Madonna you're her long-lost daughter?
wink.gif

2. It wasn't me who was scandalized by your comment. It was another girl. Nothing surprises me here anymore!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

From @U2's Answer Guy when asked who the extras were:

They're made up of radio contest winners, online contest winners, and
probably local high school and college students.

AG

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

What?!! AAHHHHH dammit I would've gave anything to have won one of those damn contests. Freaking crap balls. I didn't hear anything about it!
mad.gif

p.s.- I laave Edge's shoe/pants/whatever he's wearing. I have pants and shoes like him too! Yay for his wardrobe!

Originally posted by mocool12:
What?!! AAHHHHH dammit I would've gave anything to have won one of those damn contests. Freaking crap balls. I didn't hear anything about it!
mad.gif

That really pisses me off that I did not hear about a contest...As I stated earlier, I want to know why U2.com did not have a contest or something like that for this...
mad.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
That really pisses me off that I did not hear about a contest...As I stated earlier, I want to know why U2.com did not have a contest or something like that for this...
mad.gif

I feel the same way. All I ever heard about was one AOL contest.
mad.gif
Well it could be worse, like actual extras, though I never thought they would be. Still, I don't think most of those people should be there.
...and aren't any of them online? Or anyone who had heard of these contests? Blarg.
mad.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Girls girls girls, calm dowm. Last time the superbowl was in Miami they also needed some people on the field for halftime. The super bowl is given to a city to organize, it is more the city's celebration than it is the fans'. In any case what I mean to say is that just like the state at which it is held is given a bigger percentage of tickets to distribute so are the locals given more opportunity to participate.

Usually there's no need to look for volunteers as enough people call the stadium asking to volunteer. If they need a specific type of person, like kids, they simply get the public schools involved. Lately I think they've used agency type things (who only work with non-paying gigs) to get the word out (NOT recruit, they simply contact everyone in their list looking for volunteers), mainly cause an agency keeps track of people so it's better for both security and just reliability reasons. If all else fails and they still need volunteers they get radio stations involved, contests, etc.

So while U2 could have just asked for fans to join, they would be responsible for the major paperwork and duties involved. Meaning they'd have to set up camp here and hire people to take care of everything all for an event that will last at most 15 mins. Why cause such chaos when there are people already in place to do this? Not to mention it would be majorly disrespectful for the citizens of the city who won the bid for the superbowl as to be part of it by volunteering is supposed to be one of the perks.

So now breathe in, breathe out, repeat as necessary.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Madonna's Child:

1. So you're not Madonna you're her long-lost daughter?
wink.gif

oh, no, I AM Madonna's long lost daughter. i just don't want youse guys to get me and Mommy confused.
biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

*bump*
Well it is Super Bowl Sunday. Everyone have their VCR's ready? I am heading out in a few mins. to a party. I told my friend that she has to tape the half time show for me. and she said "Yeah, I am one step ahead of you. My husband and I kinda figured that out already and have agreed to keep the half time show on U2 instead of switching to Fear Factor. We will have two VCR's running one to tape U2 and one to tape 'fear factor'." HAHAHAHA!!!!!
What a friend, she supports my U2 addiction by shoving her husband's playmate pleasures out the door...
biggrin.gif

Yay! It's Sunday! So...who's everyone rootin for? Besides U2, that is.
biggrin.gif
I HATE the Rams, so I'll have to go with the New England Patriots! Yay!

Finally... it's Sunday!

We're taking the Super Bowl party to my house, & I can't wait... my mommy yelled at my cause I already ate half of the food... I have to finish all my homework right now or I'll never get to watch the game... my VCR's already set, and so is the one in the living room (lol my mom is taping the halftime for herself & so am I...)

Well, I am a New Englander, but I still don't understand how they were able to make it all the way to the Super Bowl, so I guess I'm a Rams girl tonight... earlier today:

My sister: Who do you want to win the Super Bowl?

Me: Did you say Super Bowl? U2!

My sister: Ummmm.....

LoL I had too much Dr. Pepper today...
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Back
Top Bottom