The G8 Summit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
5b5795fc.jpg

It's cool to think that some of our names are on there.
I know! Thats so cool!

Merc said:

Can't remember the exact concert, but there was one time "Beautiful Day" started with Bono saying: "Sorry, my pants are just comming undone here! Excuse me, girls!"

That was at my one and only Elevation show in Providence, RI. :yes:

Upon inspection it looks like one of those thingies they put on zippers, those things you use to pull the zipper up?

Regardless, Bono looks so nervous I want to hug the man (more so than usual). In truth, this is a huge day that is looming with SO many possibilities. I've been a nervous, fidgety wreck all day myself--I can only imagine how Bono feels under the wieght of this. I'm proud of Bono. But I'm also proud of everyone that has contributed thier names and voices to this...We are being heard!

*crosses fingers*

kellyahern said:

I third!

thank you again Alan, you rock :rockon:

Proof that a monopoly can be a good thing! :wink: :)

I'm going to scan this weeks NME magazine in a minute :up: :reject:

I'll try and sort out a video later. I've read he was interviewed by Edith Bowman and there maybe the Corrs thing coming up hopefully :drool: :dance:

There is a G8 debate on ITV1 right now in the UK if anyone wants to tune in...

23:00 Today
ITV1 London
G8 Debate: Making Poverty History
As world leaders gather at the G8 summit in Gleneagles, the pressure is on for them to make a historic breakthrough in the war against poverty in Africa. Jonathan Dimbleby and a panel including Chancellor Gordon Brown and UN Secretary General Kofi Annan debate in front of a live studio audience whether the world's richest country will make poverty history

Chris Martin is one of the guests

:)

Last edited:
thanks kelly - I don't care how much the friggin hoodie is I want it
The fob on the hoodie is really nice

since I have not already stated this
1. Am so proud of Bono today - what he is doing is just amazing
2. So cool to think that all of the PLEBAns names included in that list :D proof that we are deeper than we appear (but still can have a good time [see the misc body parts thread])
3. Am in love with Bob Geldof as well

kellyahern said:

:giggle:

Where's the Nelson "Ha-ha!" picture?

On a serious note, NBC just had a good story about the G8 conference, followed by a story on Dafur. One thing Live8 has done is finally get this story on the U.S. nightly news.

this is all I could find on short notice:

Attachments

• nelson.jpg
    nelson.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 81
kellyahern said:
Where's the Nelson "Ha-ha!" picture?
Okay, I totally stole this from a U2dork post on another thread, but it really needed to be posted here. Sorry U2dork! And thank you!

For George W falling off his bicycle: HaHa!

nelson-preview.gif

Thanks to everyone for posting all these wonderful pics of one of the most hopeful days in Africa's modern history.

All because of Bob and Bono.

Love them both with all my Heart.:wink:

I wonder if the names people signed to the petition on the One campaign site are included on the CD's.

Bush and Blair are holding a live press conference from Gleneagles right now.

Debating the climate change and America's emissions

:)

in germany they just said in the news that bono and geldof hope they can meet up with chirac today..wonder when bono will actually be going to berlin :huh:

Back
Top Bottom