The G8 Summit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My video is now online. It didn't upload the first time. Only 4Mb or so.

http://www.thegoalissoul.cjb.net/

Again, sorry for the bad audio in the last part. If I'd stopped the recording and restarted it - it would have sorted itself out but I didn't know this :sigh:

ps. I really enjoyed Batman Begins! :)

Jamila said:
Thanks to everyone for posting all these wonderful pics of one of the most hopeful days in Africa's modern history.

All because of Bob and Bono.

Love them both with all my Heart.:wink:

Well said!!!:applaud:

Category: Celebrity Moment:
Subject: Live 8 and G8

The alignments in the Heaven’s above are currently controversial. Live 8 took place just before the New Moon in Cancer on 6th July. And the G8 summit began bang on queue, with hideous explosions in London designed to deflect attention from the matter in hand. Surely, there was not such an atmosphere of unease on the back of the biggest civil movement in history, that this carnage was warranted? A New Moon is always good for a fresh start; but Retrograde Pluto, Uranus and Neptune have set up a nebulous energy which is playing out complex agendas. Neptune in Aquarius and Uranus in Pisces create an unstable, tenuous environment which fogs the vision and increases unpredictable events. There are diverse forces and agendas to rail against. Anything can happen at this time. Nothing is set in stone and it is very difficult to pin things down much less predict how they are going to pan out. The good news is that expansive Jupiter in Libra began moving forward on 6th June, stirring up a HUGE drive for JUSTICE. This energy was perfectly timed for Geldof’s inspirational attempt to raise consciousness. Born on 5th October, this Libran was determined to pioneer the grand idea of ‘Make Poverty History’. With Bono the pragmatic Taurean to back up the Libran balance of Sting (2nd Oct) and Geldof, how could it fail? Despite the suspiciously ill-timed atrocities in London, G8 2005 is lining up to be momentous indeed. Geldof, Midge Ure, and Bono pulled off a coup with the Hyde Park shenanigans. Whilst the Murrayfield gig The Last Push also had dramatic significance. It’s just the relevance of the Yellow Rose and the Smooching Corr that escapes me Bono – I’m sure you had your reasons!

nurse chrissi said:
thanks kelly - I don't care how much the friggin hoodie is I want it
The fob on the hoodie is really nice

since I have not already stated this
1. Am so proud of Bono today - what he is doing is just amazing
2. So cool to think that all of the PLEBAns names included in that list :D proof that we are deeper than we appear (but still can have a good time [see the misc body parts thread])
3. Am in love with Bob Geldof as well

Just now catching up after being home almost a week from G8!

I was very fortunate to have been a ONE Delegate who got the opportunity to travel to Edinburgh along with 149 other delegates from America and from Europe. I can't begin to relate what a momentous occassion it was for Bono to come out with that box and to tell us that he had just given the G8 leaders the permission of 38 MILLION people to spend their money in wiping out extreme poverty!!!!! It was probably one of the proudest moments in my life! And then he introduced Nelson Mandela!!!! Unfortunately Mr. Mandela has officially retired from public life but had video taped a message. You could hear a pin drop at Murrayfield.

Our delegation had an experience of their lifetime in Edinburgh, one that we will never forget. I want to say huge kudos to Sir Richard Branson for the huge support that he and Virgin Atlantic has done for the MakePovertyHistory and ONE campaigns. He supplied all of our travel and made our journey possible. I have tons of pictures that hopefully I can get posted (my computer ate both my cd and dvd drives) of the events at G8.

I too am so in love with Sir Bob. He spoke to us when we landed at Heathrow (along with Wahu Kaarah and Dr. Kumi Nadioo). He is an amazing man! I enjoyed meeting and talking with him at Heathrow and then again in Edinburgh.

So proud of our Pleban community and knowing that we made a difference in someones life and in preserving their future.

Last edited:
I don't want to throw a wet blanket on this, but what is this that I saw on BBC news last night about people trying to change dropping the debt to the poorest countries and instead making developed countries pay it? The Jubilee campaign said that would undermine everything they fought for. Hopefully this won't happen. I'm not sure of the details, if anyone else heard this, maybe they know more.

Ms. M said:

Just now catching up after being home almost a week from G8!

I was very fortunate to have been a ONE Delegate who got the opportunity to travel to Edinburgh along with 149 other delegates from America and from Europe. I can't begin to relate what a momentous occassion it was for Bono to come out with that box and to tell us that he had just given the G8 leaders the permission of 38 MILLION people to spend their money in wiping out extreme poverty!!!!! It was probably one of the proudest moments in my life! And then he introduced Nelson Mandela!!!! Unfortunately Mr. Mandela has officially retired from public life but had video taped a message. You could hear a pin drop at Murrayfield.

Our delegation had an experience of their lifetime in Edinburgh, one that we will never forget. I want to say huge kudos to Sir Richard Branson for the huge support that he and Virgin Atlantic has done for the MakePovertyHistory and ONE campaigns. He supplied all of our travel and made our journey possible. I have tons of pictures that hopefully I can get posted (my computer ate both my cd and dvd drives) of the events at G8.

I too am so in love with Sir Bob. He spoke to us when we landed at Heathrow (along with Wahu Kaarah and Dr. Kumi Nadioo). He is an amazing man! I enjoyed meeting and talking with him at Heathrow and then again in Edinburgh.

So proud of our Pleban community and knowing that we made a difference in someones life and in preserving their future.

I was sat near the US One delegation - just a few seats away!!
What you just said above was very articulate and beautiful and i wouldnt be able to express it so well, so i wont. I just wanted to say that we were sitting near each other - isnt that cool!!!

Last edited:
tootty86 said:

I was sat near the US One delegation - just a few seats away!!
What you just said above was very articulate and beautiful and i wouldnt be able to express it so well, so i wont. I just wanted to say that we were sitting near each other - isnt that cool!!!

What a small world! That is soo cool. I was in Row OO Seat 22! I wish we didn't have to leave before the show was over - had to go back to the Roxy Art House to hear a couple of guys from the National Security Council speak to us. Gawd it was hard to listen to public policy at 11:30 P.M!!!! :huh:

f9beae6f.jpg

363e1057.jpg

60c185d8.jpg

83bfdb89.jpg

ec3d05a5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom