The fun part of working near a river in Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellyahern

Blue Crack Supplier
8 years and I still can't think of anything witty
I work for our city's parks and recreation department. One of the duties of this department is to maintain the soccer and ballfields, and to make sure no one uses them without a permit. The parks department handles this. Luckily, I work in the recreation department, because look what the parks crew got to chase off one of the soccer fields on Monday:

4aeaca89.jpg

a1e27b71.jpg

the last one is my favorite :)
9c23cd16.jpg

:shocked: I saw on the news the other night somebody had one under their car and when they tried to chase it off it bit off a piece of the bumper :uhoh:

:yikes: No big scary animals where I work, thank god!

But the last picture is great! :laugh:

Sweet! Those are what we see every few feet when we go to the Everglades for spring break. I got real close to one once and tried to take his picture and he hissed at me.

I wondered :scratch: what the :uhoh: in your post was going to be?!
:yikes:

brain....too...slow....tonite....to....get....clues .....from....the....words.....River....and..... FLORIDA!

I was five when our family visited Fla. I came home with [this is like over 40 yrs ago, i don't think they do this anymore] a stuffed baby aligator.

sure tamer than the live ones!

kellyahern and I live in the same city.. :) I also have gators and crocodiles near me - in my BACKYARD. (I live on a large pond/lake)
We also have snakes that sit near our front door sometimes. Whoohoo! Ah Florida.

HelloAngel said:
kellyahern and I live in the same city.. :) I also have gators and crocodiles near me - in my BACKYARD. (I live on a large pond/lake)
We also have snakes that sit near our front door sometimes. Whoohoo! Ah Florida.

I'm not going to complain about skunks, raccoons and bears anymore. :ohmy:

:reject: Is it safe to come out now? That thing is scary! I was visiting family in Florida one summer and my cousin and I got stuck in the middle of the Halifax River (is that the right name...near Daytona?) when our jet ski ran out of gas. We had to swim the thing back in. No one told me about those things being in the river until afterwards. Good thing too, or I would have taken up a new residence on the jet ski.

kellyahern said:
I work for our city's parks and recreation department. One of the duties of this department is to maintain the soccer and ballfields, and to make sure no one uses them without a permit....look what the parks crew got to chase off one of the soccer fields on Monday:

So...did the alligator have a permit? ;) :laugh:

Seriously, though, I'm so glad I don't live in Florida. Alligators scare the hell out of me. Huge, unstoppable killing machines... :eek:

I feel kinda bad for the alligators in Florida. Alot of their natural territory has been taken up by development, and that's one of the reasons there are more reports with "nuisance" gators :(

Also some people feed them :no: , which is illegal because it causes the gator to loose its fear of people and it becomes more dangerous.

Actually, the alligator at one point became almost an endangered species in Florida because they were hunted so much, but they've come back very well.

On a side note - For the past several years, my family has gone to Sanibel Island for vacation during the summer and we stay at the same condo every year. There is a small fenced in pond by the pool at the condo, and in the pond there's a small gator that we see every summer. My sister and I nicknamed him "Morty" :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom