The Fly a hidden track?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
from the Irish Mirror today:

blah blah blah article about how the tracklisting sucks but theeeennn

The resulting tracklist is a mixed bag, with great numbers rubbing up
against the mediocre. But judge for yourself:

"Even Better Than the Real Thing"
"Mysterious Ways"
"Beautiful Day"
"Electrical Storm" (William Orbit Mix)
"One"
"Miss Sarajevo"
"Stay (Faraway So Close)"
"Stuck in a Moment (You Can't Get Out of)"
"Gone"
"Until The End of the World"
"The Hands That Built America"
"Discotheque"
"Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"
"Staring at the Sun"
"Numb"
"The First Time"
"The Fly"

Fly? What? Tisn't on U2.com's list...
Do they know something and it's the hidden track?
OR... is it just a mistake?
OR... did someone else see this and am I making an ass of myself?
YOU DECIDE :D

from @U2:

A SECRET IS SOMETHING YOU TELL ... EVERYONE: Many of you eagle-eyed fans noticed an inconsistency in U2.com's story and track listing for The Best of 1990-2000. Namely, the story said the album will have 16 tracks, yet 17 songs are listed. Make that were listed. The story posted on U2.com now lists only 16 songs. What's missing? "The Fly," which was the last song on the original list. As Aaron at U2wanderer.org was quick to suggest, it looks like "The Fly" could be the "hidden track" on this compilation, same as "October" was on The Best of 1980-1990. It's no secret....

:D

AngelofLarrydom said:

WOW....great to find another person who loves this song......it doesn't seem be too popular.

It's my #1 U2 break-up song ......shed many tears to that song.
#2- WOWY.:sad:

A lot of ppl consider in "incomplete" and therefore not too good. But yeah, same, it's a REALLY personal song that has meant a lot to me for a few years now. Achtung Baby Save My Soul

AM said:
YAY! I love The Fly - but what?s the deal with The first time??:scratch:

Why NOT the First Time? :tongue: I think it's included (and it's still one of my own personal favorites) because it really shows the band's transition from 80s to 90s to late 90s. And I also think it's one of the band's (or Bono's) favorite songs...he's included it in a couple of places. I think they might like the lyric the best too :)

[/pure speculation and personal reasons projected onto the band] ;)

3354477523232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D445%3D%3A9%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E232333285%3B7%3A5ot1lsi

Oooops......look what slipped into the thread......:ohmy:

According to @U2, The Fly will probably be a hidden track. The first time I heard The Fly, I was totally blown away. I read about it in Flanagan's book before that, but I didn't think Bono's voice was that heavily processed... Anyway, I think Wild Horses should replace The First Time too, but Bono did use it in the MDH soundtrack.

One more thing before I stop annoying all of you! A scan of the album cover... I think it has been posted elsewhere, but so what.
view.html

hippyactress said:

Why NOT the First Time? :tongue: I think it's included (and it's still one of my own personal favorites) because it really shows the band's transition from 80s to 90s to late 90s. And I also think it's one of the band's (or Bono's) favorite songs...he's included it in a couple of places. I think they might like the lyric the best too :)

[/pure speculation and personal reasons projected onto the band] ;)

I love this song, too. But I think they tried to please as many people as possible. That's fiendishly hard, especially with the choices they had for this CD.

verte76 said:

I love this song, too. But I think they tried to please as many people as possible. That's fiendishly hard, especially with the choices they had for this CD.

Oh yeah. Seriously, if I had to choose a "Best of 1990-2000" it would just have been a box set of all the albums and bsides and all! :D

hippyactress said:

Oh yeah. Seriously, if I had to choose a "Best of 1990-2000" it would just have been a box set of all the albums and bsides and all! :D

*snort* ahahahaha
INCLUDING PASSENGERS :drool:
and billy boola even tho it's technically not U2
and all the songs with words off MDH
except the various satellite of loves with milla jovovitch
cos we'd have the bonoversion since it's a b-side
and the pop mart mix of pop muzik
Kool Aide Man: OOoohh yeeaaaaahhhh

*stops*

Back
Top Bottom