The "Eyepatch"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^ :eeklaugh:

Reminds me of a joke I read in the "U2 live"-book that Bono once told about a sandwich, but I can't find it and I can't remember the exact words...

:help: anyone?!

^^ Okay, found it very fast...

June 22 1985, Milton Keynes -

"...Right, so this sandwich goes into a bar, and eases his way past a few pork pies and steps up to the waiter and says, "Waither can I have a pint of Guinness?" He says, "No, I'm sorry, we don't serve sandwiches"..."

:lol: :shifty:

starsgoblue said:
I choking on it right now...I have to ask--why all these pages and no silly pirate jokes?! :angel:

I can't do it. I just can't do it. I had to wear an eye patch for a week (I scratched my eye-long story). It was my senior year in high school, and of course, I had the damn thing on during the senior class picture. Anyway, in other words, bad memories. Sort of takes the fun out of jokes. :(

ylimeU2 said:

I can't do it. I just can't do it. I had to wear an eye patch for a week (I scratched my eye-long story). It was my senior year in high school, and of course, I had the damn thing on during the senior class picture. Anyway, in other words, bad memories. Sort of takes the fun out of jokes. :(

:hug:

:hug: Ylime.... I've had my share of embarrassing medical related stories... Hey, Darryl Hannah looked hot with her little eyepatch in Kill Bill! You just gotta work it!

Hey did you hear about that new pirate movie? It's rated: Aaaargh.

beli said:
:lmao:

Question: Why do pirates where eyepatches?

thats not a joke, i genuinely dont know :shrug:
They probably think they look SO hott and sexy with them on...
You know how men are :rolleyes:

I'm JKin you MEN in here :hug:

biff said:
Well, I went back to the U2 Live book, and there is no show listed for October 23rd, 1981.
On October 21st, they were at Hemel Hemstead, Pavilion. This is where "a brawl erupts". Their next show was on October 24th, 1981, at Dienze, Belgium, Brielpoort. This is apparently where the "eyepatch" pics come from, but are we sure of that?
(By the way, this book, U2 Live, is the definitive listing of U2 shows. Even the band has used it to check for information.)
Could these pictures be from a TV performance? The book says that on October 25th, they appeard on a live show called "Generation 80" on the Belgian/French station RTBF. They lipsynched(!!) to I Fall Down and Gloria.

This show on the 24th was in Deinze, to be exact:wink:

But according to the flemish site there were a concerts in other places in Belgium the day before and the day after.
I don't know about the tv-show, it's possible, I never saw that but then again it would have been on the wallonian (french) tv. We never watched that very often.

It even surprises me to find out that U2 played so many concerts in Belgium in these early years .
On the other hand , they always said they owed their breakthrough on the continent to the Netherlands and Belgium, so...:wink:
I only saw them on the festivals at Werchter in '82 and '83.

Here's an oversight of these Belgian concerts

Date City Venue
October 18, 1980 Brussel Klacik
February 10, 1981 Brussel Beursschouwburg
October 23, 1981 Brussel Ancienne Belgique
October 24, 1981 Deinze Brielpoort
October 25, 1981 Herenthout Zaal Lux
July 03, 1982 Torhout Festival Grounds
July 04, 1982 Werchter Festival Grounds

If you want the link to the full page,here it is. You can click on the concerts for more info on the songs they played.
And on the link to the last october concert (25th) there is a little review, but no mention of a broadcast.:|

http://www.naulaerts.net/u2vl/concert-in-belgium/

Guys, I have to say this! I know no one's gonna ask but, HERE'S OUR CHANCE! We can find out why! But I'm not askin, nope nope nope! Too scared, he would probably would hate me :no:

TheWho4Life said:
Guys, I have to say this! I know no one's gonna ask but, HERE'S OUR CHANCE! We can find out why! But I'm not askin, nope nope nope! Too scared, he would probably would hate me :no:

Don't worry Lindsay - ylimeU2 has already asked the question about the infamous eyepatch! :D

But who knows if we'll ever get an answer... :shrug:

OH! COOL! Few, I thought I was making as ass out of myself by sayin... :D
Yea who knows... I hope! I'm so curious about things! Maybe I shoudn't be :| My obsession makes me this way... :sigh:

starsgoblue said:
DId anyone send it to the official Ask The Edge place though? ;)

I have no shame. I did, although it was probably a waste of a question.

Back
Top Bottom