The Edge and Bono Love Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can always tell Edge's voice apart from Bono's because.....no pun intended here, but there is a certain crisp edge to his voice - Bono's is rougher and Edge's is cleaner.

Edge is way clearer indeed, but I just get fooled somethimes.

I actually prefer Edge's voice over Bono's
But Bono's voice wins it over again becuase its so soulfull.
This sounds so fucked up but its hard to explain.

Edge is way clearer indeed, but I just get fooled somethimes.

I actually prefer Edge's voice over Bono's
But Bono's voice wins it over again becuase its so soulfull.
This sounds so fucked up but its hard to explain.

NO! I completely understand this but most people don't! Edge has a technically prettier voice but Bono's voice rips into you

NO! I completely understand this but most people don't! Edge has a technically prettier voice but Bono's voice rips into you
That has to be the best possible way to word it. I adore Edge's voice and I'd love to hear him do more lead vocals. But Bono sings with such emotion, putting everything he has and everything he is into his vocals.

I like Edge's voice but there's a reason why he's the guitarist and not the lead singer. Nothing against Edge, but his voice is ok for supporting Bono, technically it's not very good. I don't find his voice especially interesting. The version of Van Diemen's Land is a good example. Edge's voice just isn't trained enough. Love them both singing together, though :heart:

Gift Time!!!!!:loveshower:
bono-n-edge-o1.gif

I love Edge, I think that he is objectively speaking one of the best guitarrists in history, for me the best, but as a singer he is just ok for backing vocals, his voice range is very limited and, I hate saying things like this, he goes out of tune sometimes, of course he can sing some leading vocals "with a little help of his friends", I know that as fans we are biased and tend to exagerate, me too, fortunately he's wise enough to understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom