The dance of your life!!! What do you want to be played??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyes

Refugee
Okay okay...
lets say that you are doing what you are doing right now and POOF!!!!!
A genie shows up and tells you that you are due to dance with your favorite band member in 5 minutes....but the details are up to you.
What guy?
What song?
Where?
(Not just in the world, but in time and/or mythology...ie...you can dance with them while the world is creating or during your senior prom that sucked donkey ass the first time...go nuts *snicker*)
and just cause I have been asking since I was three... WHY?
Gimme Juicy Juicy Dirt Girls!
-Evil evil miss Bluey

*Bluey stumbles into topic...*
My what a great thread!!! What cataclysmic genius created this? LOL.
Okay okay!
Mine....

First the cool one:
-Mr Macphisto
-The song "Love is Blindness"
-Onstage during the Zoo tour.
-Why? Cause I am KICKING myself for not knowing of the coolness when Zoo Tv was actually going on, and hey, I wanna sing along
wink.gif

Now for the funny/silly one:
-Mr Macphisto
-either the song "Money (that's what I want)" or "Puttin on the Ritz" by Taco
- The dancefloor of a kick ass nightclub in vegas (where he is living now). And it would be like super-choreographed cool stuff with tap numbers in the middle and everything! YEAH!
- Why? Just cause that would be the most surreal, funniest thing EVER!!!! WOOO! If I did that I could die happy. Right. There.

-Bluey (who is now listening to Taco and giggling her fool head off).

"All I Want Is You"...Bono...prom during my senior year...he would have been a GOOD date....

drgnwolf1969 and I are going to have "All I Want Is You" as our wedding song...
smile.gif

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight...

Good question Bluey. Too bad I can't think of a good answer...

Well it would be larry-man somewhere...playing something...hehehe.
I lack imagination tonight.

How about no special occasion, just on the beach with a full moon overhead playing...
shit I can't think of anything good. Maybe I'll get back to you...

smile.gif

------------------
south bend here i come!

Hmmmm....good question!

Guy: I'd have to go with Bono (the others are great too....but my loyalties lie with him)
Song: Wild Honey (it's just such a cute song...I can totally imagine dancing to that one!)
Where: in a light rain storm, in the middle of the street (ala Singing in the Rain)...for some reason, I think that dancing to Wild Honey would just go really well with a light rain storm...

well, bluey, i don't have the energy or attention to form a good answer at this late hour. but, here's for kicks...

guy: bono! (duh. who else?
smile.gif
)
song: salome (cause i'm listening to it right now. very good.)
place: a little miami night club (where i've never really been) so we can salsa dance (which i've never really done) and shake it, shake it, shake it all night long. we won't leave to the early hours of the morning, and the sky over the ocean will be filled with cool, bright stars...

*wanders off, dreamily*

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

I don't know why, but when I think of this, I feel like it would be cool to be dancing with Larry to Thunder Road.

I'm a weirdass, whatever...it's a great song.

smile.gif

------------------
south bend here i come!

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 10-09-2001).]

Oh, Bluey....my favourite question.

I have been dreaming about dancing w. Edge to Ground Beneath Her Feet or She's a Mystery to Me on stage, cheek to cheek and forehead to forehead, staring into those green eyes, w. Bono accompanying us every day now for MONTHS. I just can't get it out of my head. That would be my idea of HEAVEN. If that happened to me, I would never complain about anything, ever again.

Crap crap crap this is a hard question.
Well the guy would be Edge...
The song is the hard part, so I've compiled a list. (sorry!)
Luminous Times
Ground Beneath Her Feet
Stateless
AIWIY
Acrobat, So Cruel, Love is Blindness
In a Little While
Your Blue Room!
Velvet Dress
Stay
Red Hill Mining Town, WOWY!

Wow, girls, I'm sorry! Why don't I just list every song they've ever done?! Heh, it's just to hard to choose...
And the place, hmmm... I guess on stage would be awesome. But for privacy I'd like somewhere outside under the stars. With moonlight everywhere, and a soft breeze blowing. Edge would be singing along softly into my ear...
*spontaneously combusts*
pic38.gif

oooooh, bluey. great, great thread. mona's going to faint when she sees this thread.

WARNING: only read this if you are bored and have the time, the stomach, and the attention span.

this is definately what i need right now. it's 11:30 at night and i'm going insane from trying to do 3 projects and study for a test all in one night, but i needed a break and decided to check up on PLEBA, only to find this thread. i read the question and i could immediately envision the whole thing. now i am so relaxed and happy.... i'm a puddle of happiness...
i'm going to start using this as stress therepy.

me: *growl* *rampage*
wait! *closes eyes* *goes into "bluey's theraputic meditation* ahhhhhhhhh.... *happiness* *blood pressure lowers*
[any ol' person]: *walking by* julie, what are you doing?
me: dancing with bono... *huge smile*

...well, all of that was really unneccesary.

ok, anyway, my answer is going to sound quite sappy since i'm in kind of a sleepy~quiet~romantic mood right now.

the guy? definately bono- no hesitation there.
smile.gif

it's a slow dance, we're held close(mona's gonna pummel me!)
i'm not to sure where we are(that's not really my main focus), where ever we are, we are all alone. there's no one else around for miles. it's definately night, we are either in a huge room that is completely empty except for maybe a thousand or so candles around it and there are windows open with a soft breeze coming in. Or we are outside somewhere- a forrest, a beach, a grassy hill/field, anywhere really. there's a large moon out, bright stars, sweet breeze(whatever that means)...
and the song... hmmm... it would have to be mushy and romantic for now. i don't know, i'll say Stuck in the Moment or One just because those are what are in my head right now and they are so very pretty. also, i don't know too many U2 songs and probably couldn't think of any right now if i did.

if i were in a livelier mood, i agree with you bluey~ a dance with macphisto would be so very fabulous.

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant: Well she turned me into a newt!
Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant: I got better.
Crowd: BURN HER ANYWAY!
~Monty Python and the Holy Grail

...and that's my 12 paragraph essay on who i would dance with. lol! sorry!

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant: Well she turned me into a newt!
Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant: I got better.
Crowd: BURN HER ANYWAY!
~Monty Python and the Holy Grail

mmmmmm now that's a rather delish question!

Well, I've always had this thing for "Crimson and Clover" (the Tommy James/Shondells version) and I would
want to be cheek to cheek with Bono.
(much love to the others, but I gotta
be loyal!)

WHOOHOO! Vegas Baybee!
smile.gif

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

Bono
-Either One, AIWIY, or The Sweetest Thing
--Under a starry sky or in a light rain storm (for Sweetest Thing)
--or dammit, Mysterious Ways at the Elevation Tour...oh my!

Hey, hmmm.. good question! Probably if I had to pick a non-U2 song it would be Sting's 'When We Dance' with Bono
biggrin.gif
Where? I'm not sure... maybe at a beach at sunset, or I liked SweetPea's answer of the street in a light rain
smile.gif
Everyone's answers for where are so good!!!

Well...I'd like to dance with my Bono-sweetie-man...
At night, in an empty room (I don't care about the place...I'd only think at HIM...)wherever in the world...
With "If you wear that velvet dress"...
...And after...I would like to spend the rest of the night making love...Awwww......

--------------
*Scarlet*
THE ROYAL KITE OF LANGUAGE FOR L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

Sheesh this is harder than some calc IV problems I faced in college....

LadyLemon: I *always* think of Larry when I hear ThunderRoad!! I think it's that great line about "wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims and strap your hands cross my engines"!
smile.gif

I'd choose Bono to AIWIY. That song is so sexy and so full of desire. So romantic- what girl can resist that song????

If I had a second choice it'd be Adam to "Crazy Love" by Van Morrison, b/c it's one of my favorite songs and I know Adam likes Van Morrison too.
smile.gif

Of course maybe it'd be a fast song, in which case I'd choose some sexy hip-hop or r&b song where you could groove all close. Pretty much anything you'd hear in a club.

Place: anywhere. anywhere and I wouldn't care. I don't even have an ideal place, that's how easy I am to please
smile.gif
OK maybe ideal place would be in one the beach over in Dublin behind their homes, (it would of course be a gorgeous night under the stars). Or a crowded hot dance floor in the middle of a big city - but we'd be the only 2 people in the world as far as we were concerned!!

one more note: in my dreams they'd *know* how to dance, too! LOL

Bono: "I dance much better vertically than I do horizontally." !!

------------------
Packing a suitcase for a place...
that has to be believed to be seen

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--All New!

What guy? Bono (Easy question!)

What song? Either something slow on stage like IYWTVD... *thinks of all the accidental groping possiblities*
biggrin.gif
or in a club - Dancing in the Dark

LMAO at the dancing quote Olive
wink.gif

Hmm let's see

I'd dance with Larry (duh)

I'd dance to: *ponders* well I love Stay so i'd like to dance that with him..like with my head on his shoulder and the occational ass grabbin hehe
biggrin.gif

I'd dance at: hmm I'd think on top of the Eiffel tower...lol I dunno but ever since I went i've always wanted to do something romantic like that on the tower....I'd think it'd be intresting hehe
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Situation One:

Guy: Bono.
Song: ARGH!!! This is the hard part!!! I wanna say WOWY, but that's SUCH a cliche, as is AIWIY, Heartland really isn't a slow dancing song... *sigh* after much consideration, I'll have to say George Michael's "One More Try." Or if it HAD to be a U2 song, "Stay," or "The Ground Beneath Her Feet."
Where: 1987, In one of Ireland's beautiful castles.

Situation Two:

Guy: Smooooooooooothcriminal Larry Man.
Song: Bon Jovi's "Always," cuz it's intense. Or Five for Fighting's "Superman (It's not easy)" or Elvis' "Can't Help Falling in Love." Or if it HAD to be a U2 song, "Stay."
Where: Anywhere. At my university in the middle of the Quad or in the south gardens.

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

lol homecoming's sat. night. am I going? NO! I WOULD go if Bono came and picked me up. Edge would have to be driving though bc I don't feel like dying anytime soon. Bono and I are in the backseat!!!!! awwwwwww how cuuuuuute.

AIWIY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

running to stand still?

during the sweetest thing or IALW we don't have to dance. Bono can do whatever he likes with me
biggrin.gif

P.S. *pummels* MoonPhisto. MoonWhore!
smile.gif
*rumble at homecoming*
P.P.S. to MoonPhisto when's our special party? We can dance then...lol

"I Dance much better horizontally than vertically"
*Faints*

------------------
~*Mona*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"Thank you all for letting me rub up against you" ~BonoBaby~

"I feel like trash. I AM trash! Recycle me, baby!" ~MonaPhisto~

Originally posted by Bonavoix:

Guy: Smooooooooooothcriminal Larry Man.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"Thank you all for letting me rub up against you" ~BonoBaby~

"I feel like trash. I AM trash! Recycle me, baby!" ~MonaPhisto~

that is a very interesting question blueeyes!
I think I'd go with Bono
For the song I hesitate: IYWTVD of WOWY, tough choice!
where? on top of a building in a big city. any city really...

you got me all dreamy now... *sigh*

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

Cool Question!

I'd love to dance with Bono to Elvis Presley song "Can't help falling in love", aaaaaahhhhhhhhh sooooooo romantic. It would be perfect if we could dance in the beach, at night...

Sighs

Also, I'd like to dance with the 4 guys to the rythm of "Discoteque" In a night club

What else could I want???
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you know someone with Bono's nose: Contact me!

Been thinking about this question for all afternoon now and still, the answer is impossible. But one song that is just sooo...mmmm.... The perfect beat, the perfect lyric... mm...

Love is Blindness

With Bono, in my apartment on a rainy and windy fallevening, like yesterday. We are not dressed up, just ordinary homieclothes. The room is lowlit and actually the volume not too high and we are both wispering the words into each others ear. He's holding me, very gentle (has anyone ever seen him put his hand lower then the waist on the girls he has been dancing with?? ) I of course, holding one hand on his GREAT butt
wink.gif
and the other is playing in his hair...

Why? Cause I love the song, I love Bono and I love the feeling of just hugging someone you really care about and swing slowly, relaxed to the beat of a great tune.

Oki, I'd better stop here..... I'm at work, not good with too naughty thoughts then... LOL

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

[This message has been edited by MissZooropa (edited 10-10-2001).]

Band member: Edge

Song: I liked the idea of Sting's song "When We Dance". As for U2 songs, Love Is Blindness is my favorite ballad for sure. Or the song "Beautiful Day"--not the U2 one, but the one by Three Colours Red

Place: On the beach at night off one of Georgia's islands. I know there are much more beautiful beaches, but this is one I can picture realistically. We Okies don't have many oceans. Or out in the middle of nowhere (near my hometown) where there's nothing but the stars watching you. Definitely we are alone.

Why? I've been reading the Flanagan book and Edge seems so intelligent and sensitive which I find very attractive. Not to mention that I love musical prowess. I just think it would be romantic.

And let me add a new category!

If this dream were a film, what would I call it?
Hypnotize (Love Me Til Dawn)

*HG sighs and gets ready to go have sweet dreams*

Back
Top Bottom