The D-Word

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
((((Heartland Girl))))

I am so sorry to hear that. Divorce is always difficult, just take things one step at a time.

I have no real advice, because I have no clue what you must be going through. Try to remember that things happen for a reason.

------------------
Daisy
I wasn't jumping for me it was a fall. It's a long way down to nothing at all
AIM: daisyone75

*hugs*
Seeing as I haven't even had a date in four years, I'm not a good one for advice... well, that and I'm still a teenager
wink.gif

I remember when my parents divorced, I believe my reaction was "It's about damn time!" I'm a weirdo though.

Anyway, we all love you and are here for you if you need to talk, hon.

I am sooooo sorry dear. I hope you are doing ok. (((heartland girl)))

If you should ever need anything (to rant, vent, tell a story, or just want a funny story told to you) my email is LillyU2@hotmail.com AIM: U2Lilly

Originally posted by daisybean:

I have no real advice, because I have no clue what you must be going through.

Neither do I, but I'll (((Heartland Girl))).
smile.gif
And I'll listen... this is a good place to go...

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by Lilly:
I am sooooo sorry dear. I hope you are doing ok. (((heartland girl)))

If you should ever need anything (to rant, vent, tell a story, or just want a funny story told to you) my email is LillyU2@hotmail.com AIM: U2Lilly

I just read your Viggo vs. Edge thread...that is the best laugh I've had in awhile! Thanks! *is trying to cheer up*

I have no experience in the realm of marriage, so I can't give advice. Just lots of hugs.

(((Heartland Girl)))

The PLEBA girls are always here to lend a listening ear.

Love,
Emily

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I intend to take BBug's advice and talk to someone. The decision isn't final by any means, but if it is going to happen, that's a scary prospect. I think my husband and I are going to try to talk to someone together as a last-ditch effort to try to keep it together, but if left to our own devices, we won't stay together.

Anyway, whatever happens, the road ahead will probably be long and strange and painful, whether our marriage makes it out intact or not. But I watched the Elevation DVD tonight and it reminded me that no matter what happens, life goes on. You walk on, you let it go. I appreciate everyone's kind words. It has been hard keeping this to myself.

Hey Plebans,

I'm not sure where a post like this belongs, but I need to vent, and my friends at PLEBA are definitely the best listeners.

I think my husband and I are getting divorced. Last night we actually discussed who would be getting what in terms of vehicles, the computer, money in our accounts.

I don't have much else to say about it--I'm just kind of in shock. At least I have exams to grade which should keep me busy for a few hours.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice, I'd appreciate it. I haven't told anyone I know yet (I just don't want to deal with what my family and friends would say), but I needed to get this off my chest and thought you ladies and gents at PLEBA might listen.

Now to cheer us up, here's a hot pic:
U2_091.jpg

((((((HeartlandGirl))))))))

I really don't have anything to add to what's already been said, but I hope you're doing okay. It seems like you have a clear head about everything which is good, and I'm glad that you felt better after watching Elevation! Hopefully PLEBA will cheer you up a bit. Best wishes. (((hugs)))

((((((hugs)))))) to heartland girl

been there and done that....it's a long road but you truly will be a better and stronger person as an end result (women are so resilient anyway)

you are welcome to write me at jtsunset@thegrid

Many hugs are definitely in order here

((((Heartland Girl))))

I don't really have any advice. Just keep your head up. It might get hard to deal with the way other people handle the divorce. But remember that it's not their life, it's yours. It sounds like things are being done civilly, so you can be grateful for that.

My parents went through a pretty nasty divorce when I was 15 (4 years ago) and we're all still healing from it. But life does go on. It just takes a little readjusting.

I hope you know that we are all here for you whenever you need to talk. (hippyactress@hotmail.com, AIM: hippyactress)

Peace and love,
hippy

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 04-20-2002).]

(((HUGS)))

I can't say that I've been there because I've never been married. My parents though, divorced just a couple of weeks ago and that after 32 years married. I'm still in chock about that and it's really hard to deal with.

It's sounds like you both agree on this and that is good. It means that you will be able to stay in contact, hopefully.

I'm so sorry for you. My heart get torn by every divorce I hear about.

(((((((Heartland Girl)))))))

edited to say:
You might want to talk to a counselor/clergyperson (not even with your husband if you don't want to) Like hippy said, it sounds like everything is civil, but even so you might want some person to talk to who can offer support and listen to you without taking sides in the matter.

Of course, PLEBA and hot U2 pics will always be here for you, no matter what.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Bbug (edited 04-20-2002).]

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
I just read your Viggo vs. Edge thread...that is the best laugh I've had in awhile! Thanks! *is trying to cheer up*

Good, I'm so happy people got it...I thought people would just get scared and run away like people do in real life....errr...wait...I mean...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

Relationships and marriage are not my forte, but give the counseling a try if you think it may help...and if not I think it would be good to do everything while you're still able to be civil to each other. Things would go much smoother I think. Email me if you want to talk... clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom