The College Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh, cool! I took intro to IR last year, it was a lot of work but really interesting. Which campus are you taking it at? My friend is taking it at the Loyola campus on Thursdays at 11:30, right after another poli sci class we're in together... I'm sure that's not the one you're in (too much of a coinicidence) but if it is, it would be cool to say hi! (I'll wear my U2 shirt on Thursday... *lol*)

As for McGill, while I can't say i've taken any courses there, I *love* the campus... I always go there in the summer and sit on the grass to read... so beautiful :)

BTW, Congrats Mona on your acceptance!!! Way to go!!!

Originally posted by lady lemonade:
Hey, I'm taking a poli sci class at Concordia this semester! Intro to international relations (or something like that...) I love it, might do another bachelor in poli sci at McGill
smile.gif

Originally posted by WildHonee:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST GOT INTO CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY, MY TOP CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!

*dies happy*
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Youse guys gave me good luck, methinks
wink.gif

Way to go, Mona! But to make sure you have the ultimate college experience, you'd better start working on your petition to have Bono speak at your graduation NOW...
biggrin.gif

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

I wanted to say something and I am not sure how well it will be received here, but I think it's important.

The Boys never went to college, yet we all respect and admire them very much. They are educated and very involved in the world.

And so, I wanted to say that college is not right for everyone, and everyone should not feel obliged to go to college.

In many cases, college has become a hoop to jump through in order to get a job. It has stopped being a period of growth and development, emotionally and intellectually. In many cases, people could benefit by experiencing their growth and development elsewhere.

That said, CONGRATULATIONS MONA!!! I used to race track meets at C.U. Very cool.

(and a bit of advice from living in College Park for a couple of years. Don't come home to CU drunk on the Metro unless you are with a very large group of people.)

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Originally posted by elizabeth:
The Boys never went to college, yet we all respect and admire them very much. They are educated and very involved in the world.

And so, I wanted to say that college is not right for everyone, and everyone should not feel obliged to go to college.

Good point, eliz. I agree completely. In fact, my younger brother has decided not to attend college, and that is going to work well for him.

Sometimes I have even contemplated dropping out of college to pursure other interests....it's a personal choice that everyone has to make...

So, right on! People can lead really successful lives and not have gone to college...like U2!
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by Kristie:
My mom is convinced I'm going to flunk out.
I know I'm not, but I do think I may have a fit of punk disgust, quit, and move to L.A./London/Dublin and start a band.

Kristie if it make you feel any better -- the site in yer sig gave me a heart attack and I'm DYING now......feel free to take my place in either of the colleges that I got accepted to.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono
The Man Corral

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
Ahh, cool! I took intro to IR last year, it was a lot of work but really interesting. Which campus are you taking it at? My friend is taking it at the Loyola campus on Thursdays at 11:30, right after another poli sci class we're in together... I'm sure that's not the one you're in (too much of a coinicidence) but if it is, it would be cool to say hi! (I'll wear my U2 shirt on Thursday... *lol*)

As for McGill, while I can't say i've taken any courses there, I *love* the campus... I always go there in the summer and sit on the grass to read... so beautiful :)

Ah, shoot, I'm taking the class at the downtown campus, thursdays at 6:00PM. I would have loved to meet a PLEBA girl
smile.gif
I actually missed the midterm coz I had a bad case of the flu...
The McGill campus looks really beautiful in the spring/summer but in the winter it's a pain in the arse having to run between classes from one building to the other at
-25 celsius. I had some of my classes all the way up on University street (damn biology building) so I had fun trying to make my way up the hill while slipping on black ice
rolleyes.gif

BTW, congrats to Mona on her acceptance, you're da bomb
biggrin.gif

Kristie if it make you feel any better -- the site in yer sig gave me a heart attack and I'm DYING now......feel free to take my place in either of the colleges that I got accepted to.

Is that not the most horrifying thing ever?
Not you dying (while that is frightening!) but the thing in my sig.
I actually screamed when I saw it and had the little scared feeling in my chest for about the next hour.
So I felt the need to share it with the world!!

------------------
What's wrong with this picture?
Keep looking, you'll figure it out.

I actually screamed when I saw it and had the little scared feeling in my chest for about the next hour.

------------------
What's wrong with this picture?
Keep looking, you'll figure it out.

Originally posted by Kristie:

You know what that reminds me of?

The Exorcist...and I DO NOT HAVE PLEASANT MEMORIES OF THE EXORCIST! THANKYOUVERYMUCH!

Yeah, thanks a BUNCH for sharing Kristie!
wink.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Actually, I have a class downtown that ends at 5:30 (at the Faubourg building), usually my friend Dave (huge U2 fan, also a PLEBA lurker) and I usually meet around then to talk about how much we miss U2, so if you want to meet up sometime at around 5:30, that would definitely be cool!

That's true about McGill being a pain in the winter, especially with the hills!!! When I have classes at the Loyola campus, if I drive and park (somewhat) close, I have to crawl through a hole in the fence... not too fun. I've heard horror stories about the icy McGill hills though, so maybe I should consider myself lucky :) :)

Originally posted by lady lemonade:
Ah, shoot, I'm taking the class at the downtown campus, thursdays at 6:00PM. I would have loved to meet a PLEBA girl
smile.gif
I actually missed the midterm coz I had a bad case of the flu...
The McGill campus looks really beautiful in the spring/summer but in the winter it's a pain in the arse having to run between classes from one building to the other at
-25 celsius. I had some of my classes all the way up on University street (damn biology building) so I had fun trying to make my way up the hill while slipping on black ice
rolleyes.gif

BTW, congrats to Mona on her acceptance, you're da bomb
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ZooGrl (edited 02-26-2002).]

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
Actually, I have a class downtown that ends at 5:30 (at the Faubourg building), usually my friend Dave (huge U2 fan, also a PLEBA lurker) and I usually meet around then to talk about how much we miss U2, so if you want to meet up sometime at around 5:30, that would definitely be cool!

[This message has been edited by ZooGrl (edited 02-26-2002).]

I'm in ZooGrl! It'll be nice to meet some other U2 fanatics, all my friends think I'm nuts but that's because they haven't seen the light yet
wink.gif
Anyway, here's my e-mail addy so you can tell me when and where and what ya look like:
thebee56@hotmail.com

Originally posted by elizabeth:

Thank you for pointing this out. As a college instructor, I see a fairly large number of students who have no desire to be in college, but here they are because they didn't know what else to do with themselves or because of parental pressure, lots of reasons. A lot of students I know would be much happier and more successful pursuing other avenues and interests. College is definitely not the right path for everyone.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

GAH!!!

ELIZABETH! FISHY! i got into Salisbury!! lol, i just now opened the letter as i logged onto PLEBA! yay!

accepted to:
1)towson
2)salisbury

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Julie!!!!!

That's so cool! Let me be the first to congratulate you! Woohoo!
biggrin.gif

Today has got to be SOOOO awsome for you!
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Back
Top Bottom