The Boston show on TV in sweden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2FReAk

Acrobat
hey! I saw the Boston show last night on telly... It was great!!! Have any of you guys seen it?
Have they showed it yet where you live?

No, other than that NBA halftime thing. I am so jealous!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

It will be shown on HBO as well, soon. I promise
wink.gif

Originally posted by U2FReAk:
hey! I saw the Boston show last night on telly... It was great!!! Have any of you guys seen it?
Have they showed it yet where you live?

And I have no TV and had hired my parents to record it for me. Ten minutes before it's supposed to start my Mom calls me with the "happy" news that the power is down. We never have powerbreaks (is that the correct word?) and I haven't cared for the TV in half a year and now, for once when I really needed something it all screws up.... *grrr*

The program was a mix of the show and a specialmade interview for the swedish television.....
frown.gif

Mad Sara

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Originally posted by MissZooropa:

And I have no TV and had hired my parents to record it for me. Ten minutes before it's supposed to start my Mom calls me with the "happy" news that the power is down. We never have powerbreaks (is that the correct word?) and I haven't cared for the TV in half a year and now, for once when I really needed something it all screws up.... *grrr*

The program was a mix of the show and a specialmade interview for the swedish television.....
frown.gif

Mad Sara

Awww poor baby!! Here, this one is just for u!

cH33627.jpg

smile.gif

(((((((((Sara))))))))))

Originally posted by CatDubh:
Awww poor baby!! Here, this one is just for u!

cH33627.jpg

smile.gif

(((((((((Sara))))))))))

Ohh, honey.... What a sweet pic... Thanks!!!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

frown.gif

Mad Sara

Ughh that sucks! I feel for you... if it could possibly make you feel any better, those specialmade interviews were like 5 mins. AND they have been shown before so maybe you've already seen them? they were made during the EMA's last year.
and perhaps there's a rerun of Musikbyr?n later this week?

Originally posted by U2FReAk:
Ughh that sucks! I feel for you... if it could possibly make you feel any better, those specialmade interviews were like 5 mins. AND they have been shown before so maybe you've already seen them? they were made during the EMA's last year.
and perhaps there's a rerun of Musikbyr?n later this week?

Oki, I have that interview in it's entire, about half an hour. It was broadcast not long after the awards, right?
Just found out that the program reran this afternoon.... missed it. Hopefully it will rerun tomorrow night as well, normally Musikbyr?n reruns late saturday evenings.

Sara - goes hunting for a newspaper to look up the rerunning....
smile.gif

------------------

Oki, I have that interview in it's entire, about half an hour. It was broadcast not long after the awards, right?
Just found out that the program reran this afternoon.... missed it. Hopefully it will rerun tomorrow night as well, normally Musikbyr?n reruns late saturday evenings.

Sara - goes hunting for a newspaper to look up the rerunning....
smile.gif

yeah, it's Bono and Larry sitting on a sofa, in some fancy room.. they talked a bit about Popmart in Sarajevo.
I hope there's a rerun of the show tomorrow and you get to see it
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by U2FReAk (edited 09-21-2001).]

oh wow!! i was at that boston show! actually bono held my hand during that show! :p *whoa*

Just wondering what the setlist of the show was? Did they show the entire concert as it will appear on video?

I need details!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
oh wow!! i was at that boston show! actually bono held my hand during that show! :p *whoa*

Just wondering what the setlist of the show was? Did they show the entire concert as it will appear on video?

I need details!
biggrin.gif

Since I haven't seen the program yet I don't know the details. But the show was one hour and 40 min long and included clips from an interview as well so it can't have been the whole concert but most of it. During which song did he hold your hand? Hopefully I will get to see it tomorrow since I'm off work and they rerun it for the second (!!) time. I want to know when to pay extra attention to look for you!!
smile.gif

So, more details tomorrow, oki??

------------------

Hopefully I will get to see it tomorrow since I'm off work and they rerun it for the second (!!) time. I want to know when to pay extra attention to look for you!!
smile.gif

So, more details tomorrow, oki??

Ohh thank you so much! I'm so nervous! lol. It was during Until The End Of The World. He held my hand and my friend Michelle's- I have dark brown hair, it was curly although I cant remember if ihad it up or not, and michelle is a blond and her hair was braided. If we are not in it then they used the footage from the night before when Bono was holding my friend Jennifer's hand- she has light brown hair.
smile.gif
I'm so excited!
biggrin.gif

When Edge was being introduced and walking down the heart, he saw me and gave me a thumbs up- i've been dying to know if they caught it on tape! I'm sure it's a long shot but I'm just curious!

Thanksss!! Enjoy it!! We sure did!

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

Originally posted by CatDubh:

cH33627.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww BonoBaby needs a huggy-wuggy! *stampedes*
smile.gif

P.S. did anyone see that show Sledgehammer on Vh1 last night? I don't know the point of it but they were wheeling around some old man who said he was Bono's grandfather and I think he got into the show for free. Anyway they had footage of the boys.

P.P.S. on Much Music there was a commerical for some relief fund or something and they had peace on earth playing and they showed the words

*useless news*
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Ohh thank you so much! I'm so nervous! lol. It was during Until The End Of The World. He held my hand and my friend Michelle's- I have dark brown hair, it was curly although I cant remember if ihad it up or not, and michelle is a blond and her hair was braided. If we are not in it then they used the footage from the night before when Bono was holding my friend Jennifer's hand- she has light brown hair.
smile.gif
I'm so excited!
biggrin.gif

When Edge was being introduced and walking down the heart, he saw me and gave me a thumbs up- i've been dying to know if they caught it on tape! I'm sure it's a long shot but I'm just curious!

Thanksss!! Enjoy it!! We sure did!

They didn't show Until the end of the world unfortunately... nor when he was walking down the catwalk. but this was just the tv-version so maybe you're in the dvd-version.

Oh, My God!!!
His voice!!! *faints* It totally blow me away. Has it ever been better? I just melted away in the sofa. WOW... jeeezz....

Oki... *try to calm down*

Olive, this is what they showed:
Elevation, Beautiful Day, Stuck, Kite, Gone, I will follow, Sunday, Desire, Stay, Bad, Streets, Bullet, WOWY, Fly and Walk on.

I guess what they skipped was Until the end, New York, Mysterious Ways, One and probably In a little while or Sweetest thing.

I saw some biting in Fly, Bad was hilarious when he stepped out on the reiling at the mainstage and when he crowedsurfed in Fly. The presentation was amazing! And WOWY, hoooow sweet. It was beautiful, they showed their faces from the side, close up and you could se the girl saying "Oh, my God" over and over again.
smile.gif
Bono seemed very into the song, almost struggeling and he held her so tight like he was missing someone (Ali?) really, really much.
Oh, and again, his voice... I don't have words, I have never heard it in such perfect condition....

Congrats to a great show!!
smile.gif

------------------

Oh, My God!!!
His voice!!! *faints* It totally blow me away. Has it ever been better? I just melted away in the sofa. WOW... jeeezz....

Oki... *try to calm down*

lol *peels and scrapes MissZooropa off the sofa. That's gonna have to be re-upholstered.
wink.gif
That's why My mom wraps me in celophane before I see anything U2 related. Keeps me aaalllll together. lol I'm so tired.

------------------
~*Mona*~

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Originally posted by WildHonee:
lol *peels and scrapes MissZooropa off the sofa. That's gonna have to be re-upholstered.
wink.gif
That's why My mom wraps me in celophane before I see anything U2 related. Keeps me aaalllll together. lol I'm so tired.

Thanks for your help Honee!
biggrin.gif
My Mom wasn't awake...
wink.gif

I'm trying to get myself together now so I can go to sleep....

------------------

lol I run around school yelling "YOU'VE GOT TO GET YOURSELF TOGETHER!" to random ppl. Heheh

lol my teachers are probably rethinking writing my college recommendations.....

*spatula*

------------------
~*Mona*~

Back
Top Bottom