The Bono Stamp--Here it is!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
first off...are we positive this is for real? Because if you got the info from u2log.com you know how tricky they can be with their practical jokes. However, if it IS for real, I can't wait to snag one off eBay or something and add it to my scrapbook. hehe.
smile.gif

Check out http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1495278197

and http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1496105876

biggrin.gif

-sula

1. Bono looks scary there!

2. nekkid people?! *blush*

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

It looks like this pic:

bono.jpg

bonostamp.jpg

[This message has been edited by Rainbow (edited 12-13-2001).]

I think they could have done a better job with this stamp! Come on, there are a tonne of hot pictures of Bono out there they could have used!!!! (we should know of all people)
wink.gif

I'd lick this stamp any day...

332684%3A%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D3%3A5%3D7%3B8%3DXROQDF%3E2323278973883ot1lsi

~Phona~
"Angel in devil's shoes...."

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

I'm sure this is not the real stamp.

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

Yeah. The stamp is going to happen. But I'm very doubtful of anything that www.u2log.com puts up as a "prototype". They're well known for their practical jokes.
biggrin.gif

Now on the other hand...go to eBay.com and type U2 stamps in the search engine and see what kinds of goodies you find.
smile.gif

-sula

I don't like u2log they always joke on the boys. I thought the pic looked like that nice one from Rolling Stone Rainbow posted. I'm just glad Bono is going to be on a stamp because in America you have to be -dead- to qualify for a stamp!

------------------
~Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free, with myself~

According to the Irish Post (www.irishpost.com), the stamp will cost 38 cents, not 68. Our chain has been pulled.
wink.gif

I couldn't find a pic of the real stamp yet though. PLEBA searchers, go forth!

--
Who's to say where the wind will take you...

Or, the prototype at least.

Not bad, although the picture isn't the most flattering....looks like he's balding!

I like the "68...and I'll owe you one" at the bottom...

bonostamp.jpg

------------------
*You could have flown away, a singing bird in an open cage who will only fly, only fly for freedom*
animebb2.gif

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 12-13-2001).]

I'm shocked to see a naked body on an Irish stamp. Wanna know, who is responsible for this piece of art. Bono looks lika a boring politician. Sorry, for saying that.

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
I like the "68...and I'll owe you one" at the bottom...

bonostamp.jpg

Is that because they don't want "69" on a stamp?

I am not thrilled by the design, but it is hard to do really elaborate designs in such a small amount of space. It's ok ... heck, what am I thinking? It has Bono on it ... it's fabulous.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by JENNY:
Bono looks lika a boring politician. Sorry, for saying that.

That's exactly what I was thinking! He look so much older than he is. But it's still cool that he's on one.

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

68 and I'll owe you one. Ha! Good job to the person who created that. That's the Bono Rolling Stone photo, right? (Except a bit more bald.)

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

Back
Top Bottom