The big Adam Meet-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DigitalLove

Babyface
Somewhere just south of insanity, otherwise known
So, after 22 years of following these 4 guys, and convincing myself I was never bothered about meeting them.... I got to meet Adam. Last Thursday was a freezing cold day in Dublin, when I, and a group of other U2 fanatics who all met online over in The Zoo decided we'd get together again in Dublin. After a quick flight over the Irish Sea, and a bumpy ride from the Airport to the Hostel to dump our bags (Those zootops were pretty brave... I'm well known for my crap driving), it was straight off to the studios.

We pulled up, got out of the car, and got chatting to an incredibly nice bloke called Declan (yeah, THE Declan I keep reading about in here) HUGE hugs to you... You helped to make 4 hours pass pretty quickly! We chatted for a while, and watched the comings and goings of various blacked out mercedes. We wrote complete and utter rubbish on the wall, and generally acted like we were 14 again. Anyhow, after 20 mins or so since arriving, the door opens and my boyfriend (an even bigger fan than me) announces that Adam is wandering over... Apparently my face told a thousand pictures, and the rest of what happened is somewhat of a blur. I remember introducing him to the rest of our group, and telling him where everyone was from... I remember his arm around me for a photo which now sits proudly on my windowledge, and I remember him warning me that my finger was over the lens of my camera when I was taking a pic of him and my boyfriend, which if any of you who came to Dublin with me in Feb was the cause of 36 photos not turning out!!!

Then..... and this is where I could really kick myself....... then I remember turning around, and walking away whilst he was STILL THERE, and wandering over to the bench to sit down, put my umbrella up, and promptly burst in to tears!!

We hung around for a few more hours, but the weather turned horrific and there was no way anyone was going to come out whilst it was blowing a galeforce wind, so it was off to Temple Bar to drink a few pints of the black stuff, and bore anyone who would listen with our tales of the day!

Oh, and huge props to Larry who opened the fire exit, gave us a scowl, looked at us like we were crazy, and then closed it again!! You need to be careful babe, one of these days you're gonna fall out, and its pretty high up there!

Last edited:
Hiya Digi!!

So everyone survived your driving!! It was great to meet everyone and put a face to some of the familiar names.

psst The Tart got her Bono!!!!

That is SO cool!! :hyper:

Congrats!!! Please share your pictures!! I haven't seen any new one of Adam since the Special Olympics!

If that was aimed at me, how rude!

I know you have to be a "Premium Member" to view the photo ... I'd say there are a lot of non-Premium members on these boards.

I'm sorry you're sorry!! Yes, I took it that way and it hurt my poor widdle feelings. :eeklaugh: My hormones must be out of whack today!

Here ya go...

attachment.php

Any confirmation of the rumor that Adam has braces?

Thanks for posting it for me! :applaud:

To be perfectly honest, I was that shocked at seeing him I can't really recall seeing braces, but according to my boyfriend, and a couple of others who met him at the same time, they say yep, he was wearing clear braces, abeit a wee bit nicotine stained

Nice piccie Digi!!!

Just how many copies do you have around the house?????
Bono's back in NY I think he fled the country in case we came back!!! lol!!!

Back
Top Bottom