The best superbowl halftime ever . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
verte76 said:
Oh, for goodness sakes, he was trying to support us in the aftermath of 9/11. He did not intend to desecrate the flag and "intention" is the key word here.

Ummm, well...he had that jacket with the flag on the Elevation DVD, which was from a June '01 performance. Not that I had any problems with it or anything.

I wonder if those people who set up that web site are aware that the US Flag postal stamp desecrates the flag -

"Federal Flag Code, Sec. 4
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be ... printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. ... "

And by the way, in the same section, it states:
"(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery... "

But it doesn't say anything about the likeness of the flag. I have no doubt that the flag in Bono's jacket was not an authentic flag.

Okay, kiddies, US Civics class is done for today. Now back to your regularly scheduled program. My love for U2 knows no bounds, of course. But I will have to tip my hat to Sir Paul for the best half-time show I've ever seen. It was magnificent. And I hope U2 "borrow" the runway concept and have pictures and things showing on it during the show - that would be so awesome!

Last edited:
Damn, I missed McCartney! Does anyone know if it's on a file anywhere or whatever? I love him too! If so I'm going to play it as soon as my sound is fixed.

Back
Top Bottom