The Beach House - Chapter 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
DISCLAIMER: This is not true. As far as I know, this never happened. As far as I'm concerned, it probably shouldn't even be read. (sorry, not a happy camper at the moment.) This is fiction. I don't know the band.

The Beach House - Chapter 2

Bono took Abby over to the sofa and placed her gently onto it. He noticed the pregnancy book on the coffee table.

‘Maybe it wasn’t me after all’ he thought to himself.

Abby came to and the first thing she saw was Bono’s backside. ‘Nice ass’ she thought to herself. Then he turned around and she saw who it was.

“It really was you.” She said. “I thought I had just dreamed that.”

“It’s really me. Who are you?” He asked.

“My name is Abby Macintyre. I was left this house in Mae’s will. She was apparently my Aunt. I didn’t even know she existed until the lawyer called me.” She told him.

“Mae’s dead? When did this happen? How did this happen? Why didn’t we hear about it?” He asked.

“I don’t really know the whole story. She had some sort of heart problem. I don’t know why you weren’t contacted. Did you know her well?” she asked.

“We’ve been neighbours for a long time. Wow, I can’t believe she’s gone. So you’re her niece? She never mentioned she had a niece. At least not to me anyway.” He said.

“That’s ok. It was never mentioned that she had the most famous person in the world living next door either” she said with a smile. “What are you doing here anyway? Do you always go around scaring innocent young women?”

“I saw the lights and thought Mae was back. Are you ok? You fainted when you saw me.” He asked.

“Yeah, you have that affect on women.” Abby said with a big grin. “I’m fine, I just got dizzy and really hot. I’ve been feeling lousy all day. Probably a side effect of being pregnant.”

“You look awfully young to be a mother.” He said.

Abby hated the fact that she was 26 but looked around 18.

“I’m not that young, I’m 26. I think I can get up now.” Abby said. All of a sudden she felt really nauseous. She ran to the little bathroom and just got there in time. After a few minutes, she came back out and saw Bono getting a glass of water from the kitchen. He handed her the glass.

“I don’t know why they call it morning sickness, they should call it morning, noon and night sickness.” Abby said. Bono chuckled.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” He asked with a concerned voice.

“I’m fine. I’m actually a bit tired, but I’ve felt tired for the last two months.” She said. All of a sudden she felt weak again.

“I don’t think your well. Do you have a doctor you can call?” He asked looking nervous. He wasn’t sure of what he should do. “Is the baby’s father around?”

“I hope he’s dying a slow and very painful death right now.” Abby said. The look in her eyes was pure hatred. Bono just left that statement alone

“And no, I don’t have a doctor yet, I just moved here a couple of days ago. I haven’t had time to find one yet.” She told him.

Abby then felt dizzy and hot again and fell onto the sofa. Bono yelled out her name but she didn’t hear it. She woke up a few seconds later.

“Are you sure your ok? You’ve gone awfully pale. Maybe you should lay down or something.” Bono said, looking a little nervous.

“I’m sure it will pass. Do want something to drink? I un-packed my coffee maker if you’d like some.” She said. She went into the kitchen and put on some coffee for him, and put the kettle on for some tea for herself.

They sat on the couch and talked for a good hour. She told him about being called into the lawyers office and finding out she had an Aunt. She told him about the will and the terms of her staying at the house.

“Sounds like something Mae would do.” Bono said with a chuckle.

Bono looked at his watch and couldn’t believe how late it was.

“I should get going so you can get some sleep.” Bono said.

“I am getting pretty tired.” Abby said. She went to get up and got really dizzy again. She sat back down on the sofa pretty hard.

“Ok, off to the hospital. Come on.” He took Abby’s hand and led her out to the car. He had grabbed what looked like her purse on the way out the door.

Three hours later they were back home. Apparently her iron was low and she was a little malnourished. She had a bottle of pills and orders to start eating healthy. She felt better than she had been, but all she wanted to do now was lay down.

“Thank you for taking care of me.” Abby said.
“No problem. I’m sure Mae would have appreciated someone looking after her niece for her.” Bono said. “Don’t forget, I’m just next door if you need anything.”

“Thanks Bono, but I’ll be fine.” Abby said.

“Ok. I’ll check on you later. I’m glad you feeling better Abby.” He said.

When Bono got back to his house he phoned Edge to tell him about Mae and the new neighbour. He got himself another cup of coffee and sat out on his porch to watch the waves in the moonlight. He ended up falling asleep outside.

The next day he went over to see how Abby was doing. He found her up on a ladder with a bucket of water and a sponge trying to take wallpaper off the wall.

“Should you really be doing that?” He asked her. He thought she heard him come in.

Abby swung around and almost fell off the ladder.

“Would you stop doing that already! I really hate it when people come up behind me.” She said angrily. “I’m perfectly fine. I am not one of those helpless females who can’t do the simplest thing.”

“Ok. I’m sorry.” Bono said. ‘I guess this is one of those mood swing things you hear about’ he thought to himself.

“I just wanted to make sure you were feeling better.” Bono said. Abby just glared at him. “I guess I’ll just go then.”

An hour later Abby finished with the wall and went to get a drink of water. She started feeling bad about snapping at Bono earlier. He was, after all, just trying to be nice. She put the glass in the sink and went out to walk over to Bono’s house.

The first thing she heard was a guitar. It didn’t sound like Edge so she figured it was Bono. She walked up to the sliding door and saw him sprawled out on the couch with his green guitar. His eyes looked far away like he was in another world. When she knocked, he jumped.

‘Now you know how I feel’ she snickered to herself.

He grinned at her when he saw her and she just about melted on the spot.

“Hi.” He said. “Finished with the wallpaper?”

“Yeah, look, I’m sorry for snapping at you earlier. I don’t know why I did it. Hormones I guess.” She said.

“That’s ok Abby. I think it’s normal for pregnant women to get all moody anyway.” He said.

“I guess so, I haven’t really known anyone who’s had a baby before so I’m not sure what to expect.” Abby said. “I haven’t really had time to read the book I bought. Anyway, I just wanted to apologize, so I’ll get out of your hair.”

“I’ll see you later then.” Bono said.

Abby went back to her house and took her book out to start to read it. According to her book, the baby was about the size of a grain of rice. ‘long-grain or short-grain?’ she thought to herself. She went over to get some rice out the pantry to see the size of it.

‘Wow. That is so tiny’ she thought to herself. She put a hand to her stomach. ‘I guess it’s just you and me now. I just hope I can be a good mother.’

I feel sick at the moment :( (not pregnant though, thank god!) I wish Bono would come take care of me :sigh:

Reading your fic helped a little though :D

I just have one request:

moartv7.jpg

I like this story, so far. She is going to need him more and more, yes??? I like that the house is next door to his. She may "need" him in the middle of the night.:drool: :sexywink:

:wave: Hi D. I like where this is going. :drool: Nice idea for a story. (and you know I think I'd deliberately 'fall' off a ladder if I had the B to catch me..:evil: My luck though, he'd side step and grin as I hit the deck and landed on my arse...:angry: ).

Yeah, I like it so far. And please.... get yourself some confidence! You write fine. A lack of confidence only holds people back... and I sure have been there..(still am mostly :angry: )

And I hope you cheer up soon. :hug:

Well.... I check every day if there is something new from both of you so it cannot be that bad.

Diane, I was already hooked up on your story at chapter 1 and sooo looking forward to see how it is going to develop and Zooey, well, you know already :drool:

dianepm said:
“You look awfully young to be a mother.” He said.

..and you look awfully sexy to be true, I would have answered :drool:

can't wait seeing what is going to happen next :hyper:

:applaud:

:shifty: ..and mine is just a pic, I'm allergic to cat hair. :shrug:

LOL....what I am doing is having complete and total writers block. I haven't the foggiest idea why either. I know what I want to have happen. I know what has to happen in order to get to the end. I even have the end in mind. Why I can't get it going is beyond me. It's really frustrating to say the least. I'm going to let it sit in the back of my mind for a few days and see what happens.

:hug: I hate writer's block, I know just what you mean... so frustrating. If you can't shake something loose in a few days, then maybe try to just force yourself to get the words out... even if they don't sit how you want at first, hopefully things will start to flow eventually, and then you can go back and make it all good... :shrug:

I did a thing called NaNoWriMo a few years ago, where you try to write a 50,000 novel in a month (November)... the idea is to just push the words out, no matter what. You can always make it pretty later :wink:

Good luck! :hug:

Ack, I read this but forgot to post how good it was...the part about the rice was really funny. Long or short grain? :lol: Hope that writer's block goes away quickly!!!

Long or short grain rice!! :ohmy: My sister said the same thing when she was preggies!! Fantastic!

What a jewel of a story to have stumbled upon! Have a cup of tea and the words will flow! This is gonna be a great story, Diane!! :hug: :up:

u2topia said:
Long or short grain rice!! :ohmy: My sister said the same thing when she was preggies!! Fantastic!

while I was quite 3 months pregnant it happened to me to ponder how much similar the tiny, curved rose shrimp I had on my dish was to my baby saw through the ultrasound that day. I lost my appetite! :huh:

diane, hope you'll be inspired soon :hug:
we need your stories!

Back
Top Bottom