The Beach House - Chapter 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
DISCLAIMER: I don’t know U2 and I’ve never met them. I’m not getting any money for this (which really sucks because I’m saving for a big trip to Europe this summer :D). I’ve made a few assumptions. 1) The houses are right on the beach instead of across a road and 2) Edge, Larry and Adam all have girlfriends/wives and Bono is single. Feel free to leave a comment.

The Beach House – Chapter 1

Abby was wondering what she was doing in the lawyer’s office. She had received a phone call the day before requesting that she come into the office because her Aunt Mae had passed away and the will was to be read. She didn’t know she had an Aunt Mae. Apparently her mother and her Aunt had had this huge fight before she was born and never talked to each other after that.

This still didn’t explain why she was there.

All of a sudden she heard shouting behind her.

‘No. This cannot be happening’ She thought to herself. Sure enough, when she turned around to see who it was, her mother came into the room. She hadn’t seen her mother in 10 years, ever since the day she ran away at the age of 16.

“Mother, so nice to see you again.” Abby said in the most sarcastic voice she could muster up. Her mother just looked at her briefly and then sat down in a chair as far away from Abby as she could get.

The lawyer looked from mother to daughter. He didn’t know anything about their past and was quite happy to keep it that way.

“Right. Do you want me to read it or just give you the highlights?” He asked looking from one woman to the other.

Abby looked to see if her mother would answer. All she saw were eyes that were too bright and she kept sniffing and wiping her nose.

‘Cocaine’ She thought to herself. ‘Nice to know some things don’t change’.

“Just give us the highlights” She said.

“Well, in a nutshell, she’s left everything except for a couple of things to her son.” He said.

“To my sister Bethany I leave all my jewellery except for my amethyst necklace and my jewellery box which I leave to my niece Abigail.” The lawyer read from the papers in his hand. “To my niece Abigail I leave the aforementioned and the property and house in Kiliney Ireland with the following conditions: You must live, for one year, at said property without leaving it for more than 2 weeks total. If for whatever reason you are not engaged and/or married, you must leave all ties behind and live alone. You will be given an allowance of one thousand dollars a week so employment will not be necessary. If you do not wish or are unable to comply with these conditions, the house is therefore forfeited and will be put in trust and sold by my lawyers.”

Abby couldn’t believe her ears.

2 MONTHS LATER……..

‘Well,” Abby thought to herself ‘Welcome home Abs.’

It took two months to get a passport and get through the red tape to be able to move to Ireland. She was a little apprehensive and excited at the same time. She was also feeling a little nauseous. She had a feeling that was because of something else, not because of where she was. She had stopped off at a pharmacy (‘chemist’ she thought to herself) and had bought a pregnancy test.

She had been glad of the fact that she had to brake up with her current boyfriend. He was beginning to get a little intense. She had been looking for a way to brake it off without him getting out of control. She knew she had made the right decision when on the last night he hadn’t taken no for an answer.

She looked around the house and saw the peeling wallpaper and faded paint. The furniture was covered with what looked like sheets and everything was covered in at least an inch of dust. ‘At least I’ll have something to do’ she thought to herself. She made a mental note to go to the local bookstore and see if she could find a few books about home improvement.

She put her bag on the counter and went to investigate the rest of the house. It was a nice size, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a nice size kitchen. The living room was enormous and it had a huge window, floor to ceiling with a sliding door which led out to a porch which led out to the beach. The view was breathtaking. ‘Well, you’re not in Kansas anymore’ she said to herself. She went out onto the porch and just took a deep breath.

She went back into the kitchen and took the pregnancy test out of the bag and went to the little bathroom. After she read the instructions and did what they said, she set the little stick on the sink and sat and just stared at it. After a couple of minutes it had turned pink.

‘Oh crap’ she thought to herself.

The next morning she woke up, thought about it for two seconds, then went into the bathroom to throw up. This was not her favourite way to wake up. She put a robe over her boxers and t-shirt and went down to the kitchen to see what she could find for breakfast. She wasn’t the least bit hungry but she knew she had to eat something. After she finished eating, she decided to go take a look around Dublin. She got a cab and went to the local book store. After a half hour or so she had two books on do-it-yourself home improvement and one book on pregnancy. She went to the local coffee shop and got a hot chocolate. She knew she couldn’t drink coffee anymore.

That afternoon, she started to take the sheets off of the furniture and started dusting. She had bought a mask so that she wouldn’t breath in the dust. After a couple of hours the living room could actually be lived in. She started feeling sick again so she took a break. After consulting her book on pregnancy, she had some milk and crackers and that seemed to settle her stomach. She decided that maybe she should take a nap.

A knock on the door woke her up.

‘Who the hell is that?’ she thought to herself. No one knew where she was.

She got up a little too quickly and got dizzy. She went to the sliding door and looked out. She saw a man standing there with short reddish hair and sunglasses. She immediately recognized him. All she could do was stand there and stare at him. All of a sudden, she felt hot and dizzy and then everything went black.

Bono looked at the woman who had answered the door and recognized the look in her face. He tried to smile at her and he noticed that she went white. He opened the door in a hurry so he could catch her.

He looked down at the woman. ‘I really hate it when that happens’ he thought to himself.

Last edited:
:wave: Great start, Diane. :drool: I do like the way you write. I have to admit that I'm too lazy to read stuff that has no or very little breaks for paragraphs. I always think 4 or 5 lines at a time is enough for my brain to take in...mwah...:lol:

Anyway, this looks like it's gonna be good; just like your last fic. And I so loved the last line;

Quote: He looked down at the woman. "I really hate it when that happens". He thought to himself. Unquote.

That made me giggle. I can just imagine his face; mouth set in a straight line...lol...

New story yea,I like it so far.I've got a question...about your last story,Cover Me...was there ever an epilogue done?I was just wondering...if there was,did I miss it somewhere?I didn't see it.

Yay, diane! Liking it so far. Bono and a pregnant woman. :giggle: Good thing he likes babies! :wink:

Good so far, Diane. I look forward to the next chapters. Great last line-it is so Bono.

Does this take place in a specific era, so we can picture B the "right" way?!! -you know what I mean.

blm said:
Does this take place in a specific era, so we can picture B the "right" way?!! -you know what I mean.

yes, we know it, blm. you want to know if to picture him horizontally or vertically...:sexywink:

great and original story, diane :up:
and the last snippet is priceless :cute: :giggle:

dianepm said:
It's present day Bono....(what can I say...I have this thing for older men.)

Present day or Joshua Tree it makes no difference...:drool: He's still sexy. Although I have to say that I do picture him in a different kind of sexy depending on his age. Am I making sense here?

Anyway, pray continue Diane.:)

Present day, Very desirable. There is the loss of innocence, but not his ideals. He has so much more knowledge(if that is the right word), because of the many things he has seen, done, experienced. Protective almost in a fatherly way, do you know what I mean? Yet, still the incredible charisma and sensuality.

onekea said:

yes, we know it, blm. you want to know if to picture him horizontally or vertically...:sexywink:

:yes: :evil:

blm said:
Present day, Very desirable. There is the loss of innocence, but not his ideals. He has so much more knowledge(if that is the right word), because of the many things he has seen, done, experienced. Protective almost in a fatherly way, do you know what I mean? Yet, still the incredible charisma and sensuality.

I want :scream:

now.

:faint:

Back
Top Bottom