The Beach House A.K.A. Love Is Blindness - Chapter 6 (03-30-2008)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
Author’s Note: For those of you who are just reading this now…you can find the first 5 chapters under “The Beach House”. I re-named this because I got half way through Chapter 5 and figured out the name…well….sucked.

Disclaimer: I’ve never met U2 (good thing because I’d turn into a babbling idiot if I ever did), I don’t know U2 (another good thing because I’d never get any work done if I had those four as friends), I’m not getting any money for this (this is a bad thing, because I could really use some :D)

Anyway, off with the horns…and well you know the rest.

Love is Blindness – Chapter 6

While he had her in his arms, Bono decided to ask more about her.

“Abby, where is the baby’s father?” he asked.

Bono felt her tighten right up and try to get out of his arms.

“Shhh, it’s ok love. I’m right here. Nothing will hurt you.” He said. “If you don’t want to tell me, it’s ok. You might feel better if you got it out though.”

Abby was afraid to tell anyone about it. What if they didn’t believe her again. She didn’t want to go through all of that again. Bono did believe her though.

‘Maybe he’s right.’ She thought to herself. ‘Maybe I will feel better.’

She relaxed back into his chest. She could smell his cologne, soap and something else that just made him Bono. She actually felt safe.

“His name is Brad. He was my boyfriend for about a year. At first, he was everything a woman wanted. You know, attentive, caring, easy to get along with, and stuff like that. I think what attracted me to him the most was his dark hair and blue eyes.” She told him.

She felt him chuckle. His arms were just resting around her and her head was leaning against the front of his shoulder.

“After about six months or so, he started getting a little…..possessive would be the word I guess. He started “suggesting” the outfits I would wear. He started telling me who I could be friends with. It was more subtle than it sounds. It wasn’t like one day he just turned into a monster. He did it so gradually that I didn’t notice him doing it. Then he started drinking.” She said.

She took a deep breath and kept going. Bono just let her talk.

“I tried to get him to stop. I had a mother who was a drunk, I didn’t need a boyfriend as well. He just laughed and told me that I was over reacting. Then he started getting mad at the little things. Like when I would forget to pick something up from the grocery store, or if I dropped something and it broke.” She said. She didn’t realize that she was crying until Bono wiped a tear from her face. She just looked at him and tried to smile.

“It wasn’t long after that that he started hitting me. It started out as just a slap or a push that he said was an accident. Being the stupid girl I am, I believed him.” She said

“Hey,” Bono said. “you are anything but stupid. It took a lot of guts to leave a situation like that. Now I’ll shut up and let you go on.”

”Anyway, I told him about the will and what I had to do. He told me that I wasn’t going anywhere and that I was his. He was drunk. I went to leave and he grabbed me and slammed me against the wall. I think I blacked out for a minute because when I woke up he was on top of me.” Abby stopped and took a shuttering breath.

“It’s ok love, you don’t have to say any more.” Bono said.

“He was….he was pushing….” Abby dissolved into tears. Bono held her tighter.

All of a sudden Abby pushed hard against Bono. He fell back and she just ran out of his house. Bono didn’t know if he should go after her or not. He saw through the window in her living room that she had gone back to her house.

Abby had panicked when she felt his arms tighten around her. She did the first thing that came to mind. She ran. She ran back to her house and went straight to her bedroom closet. She hid in the corner.

After she calmed downed, she fell asleep. She woke up later and realized where she was.

‘What am I doing?’ She thought to herself. ‘I’m turning into the kind of woman I don’t want to be. I am not going to ruin a perfectly good friendship.’

She got up, took a deep breath, and stepped out of her closet. She’d never done this before. Usually, she stayed inside herself for at least a couple of days.

‘Not anymore.’ She thought with determination.

She looked in the mirror and saw that her face and hair were a complete mess. She got into the shower. When she came out again she got dressed and decided to go over to Bono’s to apologise.

When she knocked on his door, he was only wearing pair of black shorts and his hair was damp.

“Abby.” He said surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to apologise. I didn’t mean to push you that hard.” Abby said. She couldn’t look in his eyes. It was taking all her courage just to face him.

He looked at her and could see what this was costing her. It was written all over her face that she was scared. It made him admire her a little more.

“It’s ok love. Are you ok now?” He asked her.

“No, but I will be. I’ve come to the decision that I don’t want to be a victim anymore. I just wanted to tell you that.” She said.

“Good for you. Do you want to come in? I was just about to make some supper. You never did eat the eggs I made earlier.” He said.

“I am feeling kind of woozy. Maybe just for a little while.” She said.

After they ate, Bono convinced her to stay for a movie. They were sitting on either ends of the couch. Abby kept glancing over at Bono.

“What?” He said to her after catching her for the third time.

“I want to ask you something, but I know it’s not going to come out right.” She said.

“Go ahead love, ask away.” He said with a smile.

“I want to ask you to start touching me.” She said in a hurry.

Bono just looked at her. Then came the MacPhisto grin.

“I didn’t mean it like that!” Abby said giggling a little. “I’m just getting tired of being so jumpy. I want to be able to have someone even just put a hand on my shoulder and not jump six feet in the air.”

He was still grinning from ear to ear at her.

“I know what you meant love, I’m just kidding you. Of course I’ll help you.” He said to her. He was planning on touching her more often anyway. Now at least he wouldn’t get smacked for it.

After awhile Abby started getting sleepy and couldn’t stop yawning.

“Why don’t you lay down love, you’ll feel better.” Bono said to her.

He reached out and pulled her down so that her head was in his lap, and he started to play with her hair. After a few minutes, she drifted off.

He leaned down and whispered ‘you’re safe now love’ into her ear. She sighed and a small smile appeared on her face.

I feel so sorry for Abby. But at the same time I love this story, it's so sweet and warm, Bono is so caring, can't wait to see how things will work out for both of them.

I've decided something.....

I need to take a step back from this.....It's affected me in ways that I didn't expect.

I haven't stopped it all-together. I still have a lot of ideas for it...I just need to.....get past some stuf. (if that makes any sense)

Awww, Diana, I LOVE the story, I can't wait for it to continue. I hope you find a way to deal with all the stuff. Don't stopp this, you're a great writer!

Diane, any news from the Abby and Bono front?!

:sexywink:

Your story just came to my mind today and I would be very sad if you'd stop it. I love the story, it's beautiful and touching.

I've put Abby and Bono on the back burner for a little while.......hopefully they won't get too hot back there :evil:

I'm currently working on a new one....with some help. Not entirely sure when I'll start posting....may wait until after I come home from Europe because I want to get some inspiration.

dianepm said:
I've put Abby and Bono on the back burner for a little while.......hopefully they won't get too hot back there :evil:

I'm currently working on a new one....with some help. Not entirely sure when I'll start posting....may wait until after I come home from Europe because I want to get some inspiration.

:shocked: that means after this sommer? :( :sad:

Back
Top Bottom