The Bass Player & I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EveClayton

War Child
It was four years ago , since I last saw him. It was the happiest time of my life, I felt more alive, more alive since I had lost my mother. He was always there for me , ready to take all my worries away , we would fight , but in the end it was worth it because of the making up that we did. I enjoyed spending every single day with him, it was like a match made in heaven , and I thought I would have him forever but I thought wrong, because I lost him , I had lost him to another woman. How stupid was I to think that him...... the bass player would be with me.......... when there was so many others out there waiting ... waiting for the day to take him away. I guess someone in the heavens wanted us to meet again , because that was one day I never saw coming. It was a rainy evening in Dublin , the music playing lightly , u could hear the sounds of chatting , the clinging off glasses and laughters that filled the mix scented air men cologne and women perfume. I had only been at the charity auction party 30 mins and already knew half the names in the rock music industry:-

" See , I told u , the biggest names would be here *Karen looked at me smiling gleefully as she winked at Steven Tyler*

" Karen ..... u just wanted to come here so that u could flirt with every rock star u ever had a crush on," *I smiled back at her*

"That's mean Alexandra , that real mean , besides I came here to get u back on the dating field again," *she winked *

"Karen , look I told u I dont need a match maker ,besides I had enough with dating a rock star and I dont want to go through that ever again ," *I looked at her angrily*

*Karen looked at me , suddenly with a diff look on her face*

"Look .... I didnt mean to upset u , I know it was hard with wat happened btw u and Adam , but it's been four years and u need to put that behind u and start over, Adam is happy , prolly with some famous super model and ur still grieving after him,"\

*I looked at Karen , tighting my hands around the champagne glass*

"I'm not grieving after him , it's just that I see him on tv, and it's like he's still apart of me , u know........ur right he prolly doesnt care , he's prolly shacking up with his ''new girlfriend'' now , some where,"

*Karen loosed my hands from the glass*

"U wanna leave ? This is getting boring anyway , let's go to a strip bar and watch some men get naked," *She smiled at me*

*The joke was so funny that I had to laugh out loud*

"Nah.....it's ok ,besides the lead singer of Velvet Revolver looks quite tempting," *I smiled back at her with an evil grin*

"Oh............damn........ girl u need glasses ,or maybe u've had to much champagne to drink," *she grabbed the glass from me and handed it to the passing waiter*

*At this time reporters were doing interviews , and taking pics of every band that they could get , Karen and I had decided to take a walk along the bunch and get to talk to some of the bands ourselves, when suddenly we spotted the lead singer of the band U2 ,dressed in all black , wearing blue shades and hair slicked back*

"Alex...... isnt that ," *Karen pulled me aside*

"Bono ," I finished the sentence for her

*Bono spotted us staring at him and came over smiling as always, hoping to charm us*

"Well hello ladies , how r u doing tonite,"?

*Karen stood there not knowing wat to do or wat to say ,neither could I , cause I wasnt sure if he recognized me , I was hopin he didnt , I was wondering that if he was here, then Adam would be here , but then he wouldnt be ...I was hoping he wouldnt be*

"Wow ," *Bono said as he took his shades off* I couldn't imagine that my presence would put two goregeous women in shock,"

"Ummmmm .......hi..... how....... how r u," *I finally said.... hey it was uncomfortable enough*

*Bono smiled*

"Good....... dont tell me ur here as reporters too??????,"

"No actually, ummmmm my friend works for the organization that plans these parties every year and we decided to come , didnt we Karen," *I poke Karen at the side , to see if she was ok*

"Oh yea sure .................so tell me Bono.......ummmmmm is .....is uhhhhhhh Larry here by chance , cause u know......... I've always wanted to meet him ,but.....unfortunately never did,"

*Bono looked at Karen and smiled *

"Hmmmmmmm well ......this is a first.......... girl meets me ,girl
drools all over me ,then girl asks for the drummer, I must me losing my touch here ,*he continued grinning*

"Oh no Bono........... ur touch is still there , believe me , I love ur touch but............ u know......i love Larry's aggressiveness,"

*Bono laughed out ,*

"Larry's agressiveness huh????? *he responded* ok.......then he's right over there , I'll take u to him," *he then turned to me*

"And who's aggressiveness do u love,"?

*I looked at him *

"Huh........... ummmmmmmmm ......hmmmmm *started thinking about Adam's "aggressiveness*..... ofcourse I', not that picky Bono .... I love everyone's aggressiveness ," *I grinned at him*

*Bono smiled at me*

"So......... r u coming or not ,"

*Karen looked at me *

"Ummmmmm *she looked at me* .....Alex do u wanna go?"

*Bono looked at me*

"Dont tell me ur scared ..... ,"

"I'm not..........maybe u should just go Karen and meet them for me."

"I'm not going without u Alex,"

*I looked at her ,*

"Go on ,I'll be fine , just not.......not tonite,"

*Bono stood there looking at the both of us*

"What's going on ,we're about to leave soon so it's either now or never ladies,"

"Bono! u know how long we've been waiting for u , we have to go," *A voice came out shouting from a far, it was Edge*

"Edge , there u r , I was talking two these beautiful women , I'm sorry wat r ur names, again?" *he smiled at us*

"Karen smiled at Edge happily*

"I'm Karen and this is Alexandra.....Alex for short,"

*Suddenly Larry and Adam came behind Edge*

Larry - So u ditch us huh Edge?"

*Edge turned around*

"Well ummmmmmmm u were kinda getting boring Larry ,talking about ur beauty all the time,"

"I am beautiful ," *Larry replied*

"Yes u are Larry ," *Karen replied*

*Larry smiled at Karen's ans ...see * *The both introduced each other* *Adam came up behind ,finishing up a call on his cell*

"Alright guys , just finished talking to Paul....... we have a crazy day tomrrow we have to get our acts together ," *he skimmed at the guys then at Karen ...then his eyes met my eyes*

"Oh my God," Adam said as he stared at me

*Bono looked at Adam along with Edge and Larry*

"U seem like u've seen a ghost Adam, it's just women"

*I myself couldnt stop staring at him*

"Hi Adam," ur looking good as always" I finally said aloud*

"Alex?"

"In the flesh ," *I smiled at him*

*To be continued*

Ok tell me how this sounds so far I'll try to continue tomrrow*

Ok so I'll do Chapter 2 maybe tonite if the pc at home is free ,cause I leave work at 5pm today :wink: :wink: (soooooooooooo happy) And I agree we need more Adam stories.
Once I have time I will do them..

Back
Top Bottom