The band land in Japan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:

Didn't I just say that maybe we shouldn't get into this discussion again?

It's not going to turn out well.

Besides . . . bullfight! :hyper:

310340111_884c20b4c2_b.jpg

did you say bullfight? :drool: :drool:

kellyahern said:

Didn't I just say that maybe we shouldn't get into this discussion again?

It's not going to turn out well.

Besides . . . bullfight! :hyper:

310340111_884c20b4c2_b.jpg

Yeah, bullfight! :drool:
It was a bit funny one. Edge pulled Bono up on the stage who chased Edge from the floor beside the catwalk. Then this bullfight began.

Thanks for the pics Kelly!

JCOSTER said:

Now if they had been on stage many a time, why didn't he give Japanese fans a chance? :scratch:

A completely legitimate and important question to ask.

Why are people afraid of this question?

I bet a few Japanese concert goers might be asking themselves the same question.

:rockon:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
it's just that these people have been on stage a few times and it would be nice to see someone else get the chance for a change..

Hey I'm surprised that noone said anything in any of the Tour threads about whatshername getting on stage again in Auckland, and I'm assuming she isn't a kiwi.

Bono certainly is monogamous :wink:

Jamila said:

I bet a few Japanese concert goers might be asking themselves the same question.

Fair question, but I'm not sure how important it is. People shouldn't be going to concerts just to get on stage with Bono. He probably picked the twins because he recognizes them by now and considers them a safe bet. After seeing what some random girls have done (or tried to do) on stage this tour, I really don't blame him. Yeah, ideally he could pick a new person each time, but ideally people should just go to the concerts to enjoy the show and be happy for whoever gets picked, even if it's the twins again.

Jamila said:

:rockon:

I hate to get involved in this question because, as Kelly points out, it always gets ugly. It isn't a question of being "afraid" of the question, Jamila--it's simply that it leads to bickering and pettiness. While I don't want to stoop to that, the girls are my friends and I feel like I should say something.

Bono pulled up a girl from New Zealand during the Auckland show the first night, and he pulled up a Japanese girl in Japan on the first night there. The American girls that got pulled up on the second nights didn't have signs or do anything special. Lies suggested they are a "safe bet," and that is probably true. Plus, he likes them. End of story. Why is it somehow their fault that he picks them? It's his show--he can do what he wants! I know that the girls would have had a great time at the show regardless of whether they got pulled up or not. Why not write Bono a letter and question his decisions, rather than hurt the feelings of people who didn't have anything to do with getting on stage--and who invariably read what you write and end up feeling hurt by it all?

How about being happy for other people's wonderful experiences with the band, rather than jealous and negative?

ruffian said:

I hate to get involved in this question because, as Kelly points out, it always gets ugly. It isn't a question of being "afraid" of the question, Jamila--it's simply that it leads to bickering and pettiness. While I don't want to stoop to that, the girls are my friends and I feel like I should say something.

Bono pulled up a girl from New Zealand during the Auckland show the first night, and he pulled up a Japanese girl in Japan on the first night there. The American girls that got pulled up on the second nights didn't have signs or do anything special. Lies suggested they are a "safe bet," and that is probably true. Plus, he likes them. End of story. Why is it somehow their fault that he picks them? It's his show--he can do what he wants! I know that the girls would have had a great time at the show regardless of whether they got pulled up or not. Why not write Bono a letter and question his decisions, rather than hurt the feelings of people who didn't have anything to do with getting on stage--and who invariably read what you write and end up feeling hurt by it all?

How about being happy for other people's wonderful experiences with the band, rather than jealous and negative?

Hey, I am very happy for whoever gets pulled on stage or gets to meet Bono. I just didn't quite get the fact that he hasn't been in these countries in years and then picks women that he has picked numerous times before. Thats all, no jealousy there. I understand that these people are a safe bet for him and he can trust them time and time again on stage but these fans in other countries have waited so long for them to come back again. Since the tour started wonder what the average is of the person who was on stage with him the most...would it be like every 3 or 5 months if you broke it down. Curiosity, prevails me.

JCOSTER said:

Hey, I am very happy for whoever gets pulled on stage or gets to meet Bono. I just didn't quite get the fact that he hasn't been in these countries in years and then picks women that he has picked numerous times before. Thats all, no jealousy there. I understand that these people are a safe bet for him and he can trust them time and time again on stage but these fans in other countries have waited so long for them to come back again. Since the tour started wonder what the average is of the person who was on stage with him the most...would it be like every 3 or 5 months if you broke it down. Curiosity, prevails me.

Well, i guess i'm puzzled at the idea that a given fan dancing on stage for two minutes could detract from the concert experience. New Zealand fans sure seemed happy, and the band were so incredibly excited to be in that country again. If the "wrong" dancing girl created disappoint after a 13 year wait, well, I hardly know what to say. The shows were amazing, the girls were all radiantly happy, and Bono seemed to have a good time.

ruffian said:

Well, i guess i'm puzzled at the idea that a given fan dancing on stage for two minutes could detract from the concert experience. New Zealand fans sure seemed happy, and the band were so incredibly excited to be in that country again. If the "wrong" dancing girl created disappoint after a 13 year wait, well, I hardly know what to say. The shows were amazing, the girls were all radiantly happy, and Bono seemed to have a good time.

I think you are taking what I am saying wrongly, if you have read any of my posts, I am very happy for everyone who has ever met him or got on stage with him. Maybe the people in other countries are not aware of the same women that we know who get on stage. I also to meet one of the girls who has been on stage with him, and has seen him up close and personal numerous times...I consider her my friend so jealousy is definately not an issue here. I am also curious to know if he knows them by name, calls them up by name, talks to them at all.
I think I am just stating what a lot of people would like to know. No harm intended here.

I know what that feeling is like of meeting him or being close to him. I can not be anything other than happy for these girls. :wink:

JCOSTER said:

I think you are taking what I am saying wrongly, if you have read any of my posts, I am very happy for everyone who has ever met him or got on stage with him. Maybe the people in other countries are not aware of the same women that we know who get on stage. I also to meet one of the girls who has been on stage with him, and has seen him up close and personal numerous times...I consider her my friend so jealousy is definately not an issue here. I am also curious to know if he knows them by name, calls them up by name, talks to them at all.
I think I am just stating what a lot of people would like to know. No harm intended here.

I know what that feeling is like of meeting him or being close to him. I can not be anything other than happy for these girls. :wink:

it's all good :) the girls who have been up multiple times have been put through the wringer here so many times, and I probably get more defensive than necesssary. I've seen how personal the attacks get, and it sucks :(

hey bri! i'm home and leaving again in a few days. MSN me!

ruffian said:

it's all good :) the girls who have been up multiple times have been put through the wringer here so many times, and I probably get more defensive than necesssary. I've seen how personal the attacks get, and it sucks :(

hey bri! i'm home and leaving again in a few days. MSN me!

No, personal attacks here, pahleeeeeze, not me. :wink:

JCOSTER said:

Yes, it's something I've pondered as well since I saw the pic of the dancing girl in the Auckland II set list thread. It has after all been 13 years since U2 were in NZ (as they were in my city in Australia :madspit: ) and that a local girl was effectively denied her chance to shine because Bono wanted to go with a "safe bet" just seems a bit :huh: I don't have anything against the chick in question, I reiterate that a local missed out, nothing more.

blueeyedgirl said:

Yes, it's something I've pondered as well since I saw the pic of the dancing girl in the Auckland II set list thread. It has after all been 13 years since U2 were in NZ (as they were in my city in Australia :madspit: ) and that a local girl was effectively denied her chance to shine because Bono wanted to go with a "safe bet" just seems a bit :huh: I don't have anything against the chick in question, I reiterate that a local missed out, nothing more.

All it does is make you go :scratch:

It just kind of random to bring it up now. It's been the case the whole tour, "locals" not being the ones that get chosen. New Zealand and Japan were not the first. My friend went up twice in Chicago, and we're not from Chicago, Miroslava went up in Chicago and Cleveland, and she's from the Detroit area, the flag thing in Boston with people from all over (so cool, btw), Tara in Denver, Mandy in Salt Lake.....I could go on and on. Seems like 2/3 of the time the person isn't "local". :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom