Thanks again Olive for "Outside It's America"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elizabeth

New Yorker
Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
My pleasure MVD
smile.gif

I've had trouble remembering whose nick matches up w/ their real names & emails so I haven't emailed anyone when I received their tapes- BUT if you're mailing me something, then as soon as I get it I'll send it back. Sparky's Girl- I haven't gotten yours yet, I know. I can't remember who else (there's a surprising number of people named Elizabeth here lol) - but if you haven't sent the tape yet, email me so I save your copy or let me know if you're interested anymore or whatever.

smile.gif
Glad you liked it MVD.

I heard my name so I thought I'd drop by. Is someone offering to make tapes? I just rec'd a blank one that is begging to be filled with fantastic U2 videos!

what's the offer?

Originally posted by elizabeth:
I heard my name so I thought I'd drop by. Is someone offering to make tapes? I just rec'd a blank one that is begging to be filled with fantastic U2 videos!

what's the offer?

Me too! Me too! I bid for that tape three times on ebay but I ended up being outbid every time
frown.gif
Damn those Canadian dollars...

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Hmmm...

*raises hand, looks around sheepishly (wtf? like a sheep?
biggrin.gif

I also have a blank video...hehehehe....

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

hey girls,

well the deal was like in december i posted i was willing to make as many copies of that show as i could when i was home, and to be honest i was surprised that not many pl replied.

anyway i'm not at home anymore so i dont have the right wires to hook up the two vcrs. if i get out and buy the wires i'll let you know.

smile.gif

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

OMG, I so LOVE this video!!! "Oh Jeanie...I'm smarter than you think!" LOVE that!

Love the part where Anton catches Bono taling on the sly to Edge about how bored he is; Larry "throwing like a girl"; Edge being "too tasteful" in boots; the guys in the pool hall and Larry singing; Adam kissing Bono's hand and Bono goes "Woo!"
biggrin.gif

such a great thing, to capture the boys when they were nearly that--boys--to see how cute and sweet they were, awww....
smile.gif

hey girls,

well the deal was like in december i posted i was willing to make as many copies of that show as i could when i was home, and to be honest i was surprised that not many pl replied.

anyway i'm not at home anymore so i dont have the right wires to hook up the two vcrs. if i get out and buy the wires i'll let you know.

smile.gif

olive, you're such a dear! (oh, sound like my grandmother) Thank you. I'm sorry I didn't see the post in December...silly me :p

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Originally posted by Discoteque:
OMG, I so LOVE this video!!! "Oh Jeanie...I'm smarter than you think!" LOVE that!

Love the part where Anton catches Bono taling on the sly to Edge about how bored he is; Larry "throwing like a girl"; Edge being "too tasteful" in boots; the guys in the pool hall and Larry singing; Adam kissing Bono's hand and Bono goes "Woo!"
biggrin.gif

LMAO...yes, all of those parts had me laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes...again, i am so happy that i was able to get a copy of this. I hardly remember seeing this when it was on MTV. It was a nice walk down the 1987 memory lane.
biggrin.gif

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this video!!!! Yah yah yah- You should've seen me when they showed the part where they were in Gila Bend, AZ!!!! Seriously, this is like, one of the smallest and dingiest towns in Arizona, and I've been through there TONS of times!! It's one of those towns that you stop to get gas or go to the bathroom in on the way to somewhere else. But now, it's sooo much more! I'm so gonna go to that bar and try to talk to the bartender or something!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, that whole documentary cracks me up! I always laugh at the boot store part... haha, especially when Larry is like peaking at the camera. Good times! Oh and I love that photo shoot part too, Disco!

Thanks to Carrie, I finally saw this famous video (Outside It's America). I really enjoyed watching it last night. I was laughing so hard at Bono singing on the plane about "enchiladas", etc. I was just waiting for him to say "hot tamale" and if he did, I think I would have woke up my whole neighborhood because I would have been laughing so loud. It was such a nice treat to see this footage and reaffirmed my love for U2. Also, I loved the 1987 Grammy footage. That Grammy footage rocked, I was not expecting that at all. I got all misty eyed when they won. *i am so lame* anyway, I just want to say thanks again and that I love it.
biggrin.gif

I saw that on MTV a long, long time ago- back in the 80's. I would love to see it again.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

My pleasure MVD
smile.gif

I've had trouble remembering whose nick matches up w/ their real names & emails so I haven't emailed anyone when I received their tapes- BUT if you're mailing me something, then as soon as I get it I'll send it back. Sparky's Girl- I haven't gotten yours yet, I know. I can't remember who else (there's a surprising number of people named Elizabeth here lol) - but if you haven't sent the tape yet, email me so I save your copy or let me know if you're interested anymore or whatever.

smile.gif
Glad you liked it MVD.

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

hey girls,

smile.gif

Hey Olive, it's so nice of you to make all these copies for us U2 crazies. I did see your post in december but I was still in lurker mode and I kinda forgot about it after that. My fault, entirely...
Thanks for the offer, anyway
smile.gif

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
hippy, just keep watchin' your mailbox.

OMFD!!!!!! Sula, don't do that to a girl!!!!! I'm so excited cause I'm gonna get mail!!!! And that mail is gonna be a six hour video of the greatest band in the world! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! As if I wasn't already an unproductive citizen!

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this video? I would kill (well, not quite) to get one.

DITTO for me!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

Back
Top Bottom