Teen PLEBAns Party: Look, we're not a packet of cornflakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No...the lead singer commited suicide sometime around 1980. But there's a thing on Youtube of some guy interviewing Bono (in 1980) talking about them...he really liked them as a band.

I guess the singer hung himself...because someone left a horrible comment saying they wished it had been Bono instead :yikes: :sad: And said something else awful, but I can't remember exactly what. It was brutal...I think Youtube should screen their comments better or something.

I know!!! Sometimes I just don't get people. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have to go take a shower, and then work on my paper for at least one hour :lol: I might be back after that.

See ya guys :wave:

No...the lead singer commited suicide sometime around 1980. But there's a thing on Youtube of some guy interviewing Bono (in 1980) talking about them...he really liked them as a band.

I guess the singer hung himself...because someone left a horrible comment saying they wished it had been Bono instead :yikes: :sad: And said something else awful, but I can't remember exactly what. It was brutal...I think Youtube should screen their comments better or something.

:|

:shifty:

I was reading thru the Least Favorite Song thread :ohmy: :doh: :tsk:

I felt compelled to reconsider my answer after listening to Pop today :slant:

:shrug: I just struggle with it. It's not that I don't like it...well, some of it I don't...it just contains some of my least favorite U2 songs.

That's ATYCLB for me. Except for BD, Elevation, and Walk On, I don't listen to it at all. Zooropa is divided straight down the middle for me, too. Half of it I love, half I hate.

Zooropa is my other 'meh' album...I never really listen to it, except Stay and Zooropa are among my top favorite songs, ever. Go figure.
A lot of people seem to toss October aside, but I love every song on that album.

Some of them are a bit lackluster...IMO, Grace and Peace on Earth for example.

But some of the songs I love to death. Including New York :reject: :reject:

October is totally underrated.

War is another album I have trouble getting into. Not for lack of trying, but beyond a handful of songs, I usually change it to a different album.

:lmao:

That's not nice, but it is hilarious! Sounds like your dad has a clever sense of humor :lol: My mom once said he's bald because the hats squashed his hair follicles.

:hmm: I wonder if I can safely say I'm the only one I know of who loves Shadows and Tall Trees. As in, it's tied for my favorite on Boy, which is my second favorite album :lol:

Edit: War :love: I actually like October better, but it might be just because I think it's so underrated.

Kite was incredible live. A truly beautiful song. I guess you had to be there because of the stuff with Bono's father dying and everything

Kite was incredible live. A truly beautiful song. I guess you had to be there because of the stuff with Bono's father dying and everything

I have actually cried several times listening to Kite. Not even hearing it live...it's a beautiful and sad song.

Liz :hi5:

Poor Liz...you keep getting sick!

My mom was like, "You're GOING to get sick after all this"...but I made it through healthy!

Yeah, wasn't it raining the night of SNL? Or did I imagine that...

To add in to the "earlier" conversation...

I love every album!! :love: Pop and Zooropa are my 'meh' albums, if I have to choose. War and ATYCLB are up near the top for me. Kite is my favorite on that album, so I think it's a coincidence you guys were talking about it. :) I love Surrender, too, but I don't think my mom likes it. She gets annoyed when I play it so much :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom