TEEN PLEBAn Party: I wonder if it'll rain in July...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:rolleyes: x 1000000000000000000000

You're clearly a very nice person. I must be a massive bitch, disguised as someone nice :( I cannot get along with people who think like that :shrug: I got into an argument with a total...DOUCHEBAG in my freshman writing class over that. I never use that word...but honestly I couldn't think of another for him.
He was like, *stupid guy voice* "Ugh, I can't stand that Bono guy. I just want to punch him in the face!"
And I was like *pissed voice* "WHY?"
And he said, "Because he's a pompous douchebag! *long slew of bullshit, prefabricated common Bono insults*"...
SO I told him HE was a douchebag and lets just say we sat on opposite sides of the room for the rest of the semester.

So I guess I'm a psychobitch. :sad:

YESSSSSSSSS!!! That is not a "moan" Amy...it's like a 20 second...erm, moanfest. Yeah. That's it. Enjoyyyy.

It just made me less annoyed over that old memory :lol:

Amy :hug: :hug:

Val- My friends NEVER make comments like that. You're not a pyschobitch! :lol: I would argue with someone if they were as rude as that person was. I generally don't discuss U2 or Bono with my friends, so I'm good. I mean, they obviously don't care for him all that much, but I may have exaggerated a bit before. They've never said anything of the sort, but I can just tell that they aren't exactly "fans" of him. Whatever. :rolleyes:

I put girl in caps because everyone thought I was a boy because of my username! :lol:

Amy :hug: :hug:

Val- My friends NEVER make comments like that. You're not a pyschobitch! :lol: I would argue with someone if they were as rude as that person was. I generally don't discuss U2 or Bono with my friends, so I'm good. I mean, they obviously don't care for him all that much, but I may have exaggerated a bit before. They've never said anything of the sort, but I can just tell that they aren't exactly "fans" of him. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Still...I feel you're far more versatile than I am. I'm quite jealous of all you SoCal Interferecers that live so close together and hang out all the time and are really close friends (also jealous cause you live in SoCal :lol:). It's like...you're totally ok with the fact that your "school" friends are at odds with what brought you and the others so close together in the frist place. I don't know if that makes ANY sense, and I probably just sound crazy. I am a little tired, haha. Hence the long, rambling posts. I must have that personality defect...because I can't get past that. If I feel like someone can't stand something that's become such a part of me...they ain't gonna like me :lol:

OH MY GOD. SHUT UP VAL. Honestly...just take from that paragraph that I'm jealous of you SoCal peeps, and I hope to see you next year. And hopefully you don't want to hit me after an hour :lol: Liz and Kristen didn't hit me, and you seem pretty patient :wink:

I put girl in caps because everyone thought I was a boy because of my username! :lol:

I'm going to guess this was before you started posting a lot...:wink:

Still...I feel you're far more versatile than I am. I'm quite jealous of all you SoCal Interferecers that live so close together and hang out all the time and are really close friends (also jealous cause you live in SoCal :lol:). It's like...you're totally ok with the fact that your "school" friends are at odds with what brought you and the others so close together in the frist place. I don't know if that makes ANY sense, and I probably just sound crazy. I am a little tired, haha. Hence the long, rambling posts. I must have that personality defect...because I can't get past that. If I feel like someone can't stand something that's become such a part of me...they ain't gonna like me :lol:

OH MY GOD. SHUT UP VAL. Honestly...just take from that paragraph that I'm jealous of you SoCal peeps, and I hope to see you next year. And hopefully you don't want to hit me after an hour :lol: Liz and Kristen didn't hit me, and you seem pretty patient :wink:

I didn't mind listening to you ramble, don't worry! :hug: I totally get what you mean. I wish you could live over here and be a part of our SoCal group! We are the bestest! I had no idea how close I could get with people I barely even know, but honestly the SoCal peeps on here are some of my best friends. We're the type of people who can message each other the night before, and go out for lunch the next day. Nothing special, nothing U2-related (minus lots of leather talk between me and nicv :wink:). I can only imagine that it would be a thousand times better with you here! :hug:

I'm generally a very patient person (as I type this my computer freezes and I want to scream :rolleyes:). And I enjoy listening to what you and everyone else on here has to say! :kiss:

This is Moanfest 2010!! Moanfest 2009 was the Rose Bowl. I hope I am there to witness Moanfest 2011 :combust:

Rose Bowl was other-worldly :drool: I can't wait for Moanfest 2011!!

:hug::hug::hug: That's awesome, really. I wished at least someone here that I am close to lived nearer...Liz lives about six and a half hours away, and while driveable, really...that's not that close :| But she is going to come visit over one of the school breaks! :hyper:

And about next year...as long as these sudden rumors about the tour ending in Europe...or even Ireland...are untrue (which I feel they are, even though I'm a massive optimist. It just seems confusing...) then I am 80% decided I will go to Anaheim. I just have to get past the fear of being alone on something that could fall out of the sky at any moment :yikes: I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do it, money-wise.

:hug::hug::hug: That's awesome, really. I wished at least someone here that I am close to lived nearer...Liz lives about six and a half hours away, and while driveable, really...that's not that close :| But she is going to come visit over one of the school breaks! :hyper:

And about next year...as long as these sudden rumors about the tour ending in Europe...or even Ireland...are untrue (which I feel they are, even though I'm a massive optimist. It just seems confusing...) then I am 80% decided I will go to Anaheim. I just have to get past the fear of being alone on something that could fall out of the sky at any moment :yikes: I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do it, money-wise.

I'd be scared out of my mind flying alone. But here's a thought: My best friend moved away in 3rd grade to Australia and she has come to visit me every year and a half since. At least once or twice she has flown alone. That is about a 15 hour flight. Yours would be about 5. Not saying that there is any less chance of something happening, but it's very unlikely! :hug: I really hope that 80% turns into a 100%! :hyper: As for those rumors, I really hope they are untrue because I couldn't stand not going. I would love to get a job (I need the money, with or without the possibility of a show in Dublin), but having 3 AP classes is going to take up so much time. I'll see what I can manage.

That's exciting Liz is coming to visit! I wish I could drive on over, too :wink: I've been working on getting my permit (lame...I know...), but I've really had no interest in getting it because I can't afford a car, nor do my parents have one to hand-me-down. Oh well... I can wait through college :D

She's definitely brave...I'm a nervous flier, so even a 15 hour flight with everyone I've ever known in life would be scary :lol: I'll always pick land travel, but...a four day train ride is a liiiittle ridiculous, even for me, haha.

I hope they're untrue too. Because suddenly I have that thing where I want to be at the last show, especially if it were in Dublin...it's always such an event (you would know). But if it was over there...that would be hard to pull off in just a year. I get paid crap, and it's not like I can work full time, because of school. So I was hoping that it would either stay Minneapolis or be somehwere in this country :lol: Flying overseas is so expensive.

And I had a friend in high school who didn't learn to drive because she didn't have a car waiting for her either. You can always learn at any time...no rush. My cousin lives in the city and he didn't get a license until he was older than I am now.

She's definitely brave...I'm a nervous flier, so even a 15 hour flight with everyone I've ever known in life would be scary :lol: I'll always pick land travel, but...a four day train ride is a liiiittle ridiculous, even for me, haha.

I hope they're untrue too. Because suddenly I have that thing where I want to be at the last show, especially if it were in Dublin...it's always such an event (you would know). But if it was over there...that would be hard to pull off in just a year. I get paid crap, and it's not like I can work full time, because of school. So I was hoping that it would either stay Minneapolis or be somehwere in this country :lol: Flying overseas is so expensive.

And I had a friend in high school who didn't learn to drive because she didn't have a car waiting for her either. You can always learn at any time...no rush. My cousin lives in the city and he didn't get a license until he was older than I am now.

Glad to hear there are others like me :lol:

As for the Dublin show, it would be incredibly hard to pull off. I think both of my parents would need to work a whole lot extra, plus I'd need to find a well-paying job that would be flexible with hours. :lol: Good luck with that, right? If it were to stay in the country (which it most likely will), then we could possibly pull it off. Right now Chicago is at the top of my waiting list.

4-day train ride? :laugh: That's insane! I hope you can find a way to fly over :) I could probably even convince my mom to let you stay with me, if need be :wink: (Liz, if you're reading this, I'm sorry my mom flipped out when you asked to last leg....it was a bit last minute and my mom was like...really? :giggle: But since this is way ahead of time, it could still be a possibility!) I'll introduce you to all the SoCal peeps! We're a nifty bunch. :lol:

:hyper: All the possibilites make me so excited! :lol: I think it will be over here too. Whoever heard of three European legs? LOL. I think that sometimes the U2 fandom takes on Bono's tendency to exaggerate criminally and talk about all kinds of grand things that...won't happen :wink:

If you do end up in ChiTown, you know I'll be there :hug: And I wouldn't want to put your mom out, haha. We shall see what happens. I've got lots of planning to do but also lots of time.

I have to go to bed now...gotta be up in less than 7 hours and I'm so sleepy :yawn: Night, and I'll talk to you tomorrow probably :hug:

:cute: :hug:

It's so hot! I actually have to have the car running so I can use the AC, otherwise I'd probably die sitting here :| I love the heat, but I hate wasting gas like this :lol:

I would give birth to as many children at once as is biologically possible if they came from the right place :shifty:

Which sounds wierd wordwise...but you know what I mean. :evil:

Jeez, we must sound like lunatics. I always imagine random people on the internet reading this stuff and thinking... :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

:lol:

I'm all like this: :yikes: and you can say that I am used to your conversations. But they always make me giggle so there's no problem with me.

OMG :lmao: People probably think we're clinically insane! That's why I never post anything like "this" on my Facebook page because my friends could read it and start interrogating me :rolleyes: All of my "other friends" consider Bono to be the self-absorbing, charity-loving, Africa-praising stereotype that he's not. So I just never mention him around them :wink:

ETA: I have the picture of Bono in green that I love on my iPod, and my friends saw it one day and were like, "Who's that?!?" and I was like "...Bono..." and they were just like "..oh.." (in that sort of annoyed, 'what are you thinking' voice) :tsk:

I do the same thing, some of my friends are Ok with U2 but some don't really like Bono. But I mean, it's not like they're mean or assholes, and besides, I've known them for many years and it's not like we're going to get into stupid fights over stuff like that.

I don't know! :lol: Its sunny and hot...which I love, but it's also pretty humid, which I hate. It's only just noon and it's 91 degrees!

91 degrees... Wait a min... that's 32 ° C. That is hot indeed.

It's 14°C in here, and that would be 58°F for you.

Val, about your fear of flying... I used to be very paranoid with that stuff as well, but the more I flied, the more the fear started to go away, and actually the last time I flied I was on my own and it was actually not so bad. It was just a 2 hour flight, but still my problem wasn't during the flight, it was during take off and when landing.

And you're not a psychobitch, you're one of the loveliest persons I've come across.

Well thank you :) That makes me feel better :D

At least it's not that I'm so afraid that it will inhibit me from going places...it's just that I would really rather not fly. Sometimes you just have to though.

And wow, only 58 there? Funny how weather is!
I just had to roll my windows back up and turn the AC back on because a dragonfly almost flew into my window. I almost had a heart attack :lol:

Well thank you :) That makes me feel better :D

At least it's not that I'm so afraid that it will inhibit me from going places...it's just that I would really rather not fly. Sometimes you just have to though.

And wow, only 58 there? Funny how weather is!
I just had to roll my windows back up and turn the AC back on because a dragonfly almost flew into my window. I almost had a heart attack :lol:

Yes, that was my dilemma too, sometimes you just have to give up.

:lol: AC is much better, and besides, you can't hear the stereo with the windows rolled down.

So wait, you're in your car using your cellphone? Or a laptop maybe?

I'm most afraid of window seats! :lol: Afraid of heights, especially seeing that I am above the clouds.

Yep, I was in the car on my phone. Parked of course, haha. On a break between classes. But now I'm on the bus to the next class, so I'll be back around when that one ends.

Back
Top Bottom