Tampa show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellyahern

Blue Crack Supplier
8 years and I still can't think of anything witty
a few scans from The Tampa Tribune on last night's show
99c807d7.jpg

157ff0c2.jpg

We originally had really crappy seats, but since this was my last show and the only one I was going to with my sister, I caved and bought two closer ones from a broker. We ended up 5 rows from almost the end of the ellipse, Adam's side :). I made a sign ("We :heart: Adam", I know highly original :lol: ) and during Streets we got a nod and a smile from Adam - twice :wink:. I was afraid the people behind me would be mad, so I only held it up when Adam went down the ellipse during Streets, but after the song ended the girl behind me said, "That was awesome!" and gave me a high five :).

One other cool bit, my sister and I are twins and we would up sitting next to two sisters, who also happened to be twins. And lived in the same city as my sister (New Port Richey). And were only a year younger than my sister and I. It was book cool and a little freaky :lol:.

I'm off to pick up my pictures from the photo place, hopefully they'll turn out better than previous efforts, but my camera skills are not the best :wink:.

That's me and my daughter under the umbrella!!!! Photo by atU2:

barricade.gif

We stood out there for 6 hours. I'll post the dark photo of Bono in his car. Sure wished I'd waited to take a photo of Larry's smilling eyes (all you could see) or the absolutely, posi-freakin-tively glowing Silver Fox -- in the last car with the window down. He's beautiful. :drool: Now, I've seen them from 4 feet away. Worth the 4 hours we waited until that point (we waited 2 more hours in case they came ou).

Guess I couldn't copy atU2's photos, but if you look at the fan's at the barricade, you'll see us.

This is my photo of Bono (had to laugh -- my daughter got a photo of the pavement - think she was excited? :wink: ) Only wish Bono had been in John Sampson's spot!! You can barely make out the cowboy hat and the sunglasses!

bonocar.jpg

Shy, were you at the barricades behind the arena for a while? My daughter and I were the ones at the front with the umbrella. There was a woman behind me that I wanted to ask if it was you, but was a little embarrassed to do it!

Yes, i was there until 18:00pm( i was trying to get a sign) i was wearing a yellow t-shirt whith Shy and U2 in the back, and my Brazilians friends were whith a Brazilian Flag.
I think i saw Kelly at Miami shows, but i was embarrassed too.
Were your daughter and you whith number 11 (i think)? I was number 30 at GA lines.

No, we weren't in the general admission line. We were standing in the back waiting for the band to show up. So, maybe it wasn't you that was behind me after all!! We had a big black and white umbrella back there, so we were a little hard to miss. :wink:

So sorry I didn't say anything, but take this as a belated "Glad to see you, Shy!" We stood from 2:00 to 8:00 out there! Glad the sun went behind the building aruond 4:30.

I saw two women at one point in time on the other side of the entrance who I thought looked familiar from Intereference photos, but I'm not sure.

Gald to see you, too!!!:D
We had been at GA line almost all day, we arrived there at 6:40 :huh:AM ( Kim went to talk whith me and i was sleepy:reject: ) but when was around 4:00PM we went to the barricades to wait for them, and we've been there until 6:00pm, but we had to return to the GA line to enter into the arena. Luckly they didn't stop.
This trip was wonderful, we had a chance to met Bono and Edge and shook Edge's hand, to be filmed by Bono, to get into de elipse in Miami 13 ( we coudn't be at the rail cause my friend had a problem whith her ticket and we had to wait to enter into there, but we had a good spot), and outside in Tampa 16.
The shows were amazing, i'm adicted, and i want to see more!!!!!:sad:

Lucky you got to meet them in Miami! We had so hoped they'd come out in Tampa. But at least we got to see them drive in and got smiles from Larry and smiles and waves from Adam. :drool:

My daughter said her manager just bought tickets for Salt Lake City on E-bay. Guess she works with a large group of U2 fans -- unfrotunately her office supervisor fell down the stairs at Tampa!!

I'm debating whether to try St. Louis. It'd be about a 4-5 hour drive.

swandiver said:
Lucky you got to meet them in Miami! We had so hoped they'd come out in Tampa. But at least we got to see them drive in and got smiles from Larry and smiles and waves from Adam. :drool:

My daughter said her manager just bought tickets for Salt Lake City on E-bay. Guess she works with a large group of U2 fans -- unfrotunately her office supervisor fell down the stairs at Tampa!!

I'm game if you are!! :happy:

swandiver said:

:applaud: :dancing:

Back
Top Bottom