sweet Bono -- must share this with you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady luck

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hi everybody and a happy 2005 to all of you.

I want to tell you a little nice thing about Bono. On Dec. 24, Mtv Italy broadcasted a short interview with U2. The interview was made at HQ Studios, in Dublin.
Actually, it lasts just a few minutes, but a very nice thing happen.
As you can imagine, the girl that interviewed the band asked about "sometimes" and Bono told the story of his relationship with his dad and of how he found himself in tears all of a sudden while he was walking down a street two years later.
The girl -- her name's Paola -- showed the band a little tatoo she had on her arm. The tatoo is the name of her mother, Rosita, who died some years ago. she said that every time she touches it, she feels closer to her mother.
Bono got up, came up to her and put a kiss on the tatoo...

That's just another adorable story about the b-man, isn't it?

What a great story. He really is an amazing man. I have made it one of my New Year's Resolutions to meet him this year. I just want to tell him, "Thank you, for all that you do."

U2Kitten said:
I think I know who that lady is. She sure is lucky!

she is.
Her name's Paola Maugeri. she's pretty nice, about 30, black eyes and dark hair...

I think she's a friend of an old friend from Zootopia who was also Italian. Thanks for the sweet story.

kellyahern said:
I saw that video, that was a sweet moment :yes: :love:

I really liked that interview, Paola seems like a cool person :)

where did you saw it?
You know, I'm in Italy, but unfortunately Mtv can't be seen so well at my home!

I think she was very excting, but also shy... I dunno how I would react if I could meet U2 in a room ALONE!!!

Actually we talked about this interview about a week ago in PLEBA, but I can't seem to find the thread.

The interview was originally up at U2star.com but the original link went down.

It is now up ay U2exit.com but click on the WMV version of the interview if you want to see the interview, not just hear it.

The really amazing thing about that moment for me was what PRECEDED the moment when Bono kissed Paola's arm where her mother's name was tattooed.

Bono was talking with some noticeable sadness about how, after his mum passed there was NO discussion or mention of her allowed in their house ever again.

Bono was visibly sad and went on to describe the loss of his da and how he thought that he "had it all sorted out" (ie, was over his grief) when six months after his da's passing, tears would started flowing out of his eyes and Bono couldn't figure it out.

At this point, with his eyes starting to moisten, Bono talked about how his heart had to break in order to open up enough to fully come to terms with his grief (and begin the healing process).

Bono quickly stopped talking and just sat there motionless looking at Paola. It appeared he was trying very hard to hold back his tears.

Paola, obviously trying to help Bono through an excruciatingly difficult moment, then showed him her tattoo of her mom's name and talked about its significance to her.

Bono, undoubtedly moved by the interviewer's love of her mom and appreciative of her attempt to help him through a very difficult moment, immediately came over and kissed her mother's name.

Not only was this the MOST TOUCHING INTERVIEW MOMENT OF U2 that I can remember but the looks on Edge's, Adam's and Larry's faces showed that they were tremendouly touched by what had just occurred.

So I encourage anyone who hasn't already seen this interview to watch it asap.

You will be moved beyond words by the entire interview, especially the last 10 minutes.

The circus question at the end of the interview is also a very touching and revealing U2 moment - it reallys shows the depth of their friendship for each other.:wink:

And, THANKS TO PAOLA, for this amazing interview and her BRILLIANT ACT OF GRACE TOWARD BONO.

I will always remember that moment.

Thanks for letting me share this.

WE GET TO CARRY EACH OTHER....:larry: :adam: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

Jamila, you are absolutely right. I just watched this interview, and I was deeply moved by Bono's story. It was very touching to listen to him, and to see his reaction to Paola's tattoo.

Thank you for letting us know about this.

I just watched the video for the first time....it brought this tough broad to tears. The part of the video where Bono was talking about losing his father was so incredibly moving. My father has a kidney disease and he had some test done the other day and found out that his kidney function has dropped. My father and I never really got along or spent time together, but since I heard SYCMIOYO I have been spending as much time as possible with him. After hearing that song, and listening to the words in the song, it has brought my father and I a lot closer. I guess that SYCMIOYO has made me appreciate him more and has made me take advantage of what time we have left with each other, and made me realize how lost I would be if I lost him today.
It just warms my heart to see how much love Bono has for people, I mean he cares for people he doesn't even know. Also, to see how much love he has for his father, mother, wife, children and the people of the World, it is just a very touching thing. There are just so many ways that U2 have really been a blessing in my life and I know in so many other people’s lives. I honestly think the World is lucky to have U2.

What a wonderful post, Clementine.

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you still have more than plenty of time to get to know each other properly.
:hug:

Thank you, Clementine, for sharing with us.

I am glad that the interview was helpful to you in some way in coping with the situation with your dad that you are currently facing.:wink:

No words we can say can change things for you. Just stay close to the music of U2 and to all of us here, and you WILL get through it all OK.

I know that's hard to believe right now - just take it a day at a time.

I know - I've been there too. :hug:

:hug: Clementine :hug:

That is a wonderful story to add to the many of the gentl and beautiful spirit of this man. I really do hope to meet him this tour. I realize what I may have to say to him isn't anything that hasn't been uttered to him a thousand times over but I want and need to say, "Thank you so much for everything you've done. You HAVE made a difference" :heart:

Originally posted by clementine_rose
It just warms my heart to see how much love Bono has for people, I mean he cares for people he doesn't even know. Also, to see how much love he has for his father, mother, wife, children and the people of the World, it is just a very touching thing. There are just so many ways that U2 have really been a blessing in my life and I know in so many other people’s lives. I honestly think the World is lucky to have U2.

I could not agree with you more on this part of your post-you're absolutely right. We need more people like Bono, and the rest of the guys in U2, in this world, we really, really do. Also, :hug:s to you in regards to your father.

I'll have to go find this interview and watch it...it sure sounds interesting. What a heartbreaking, touching story *:hug:s to Bono and to the girl with the tattoo*

Angela

Aww i'm downloading the video now..hehe can't wait to see it sounds so sweet and sad at the same time.
I remeber during the Elevation tour i made a sign that said U2 Thank you!...and Bono during Beautful day saw my little sign and put his hand to chest while looking right at me..it was a little moment in time that i will always treasure...this year i hope to see him again...and again i will say thank you! U2 has done so much for me...i can never say thank you to them enough! :)

clementine_rose said:
My father has a kidney disease and he had some test done the other day and found out that his kidney function has dropped. My father and I never really got along or spent time together, but since I heard SYCMIOYO I have been spending as much time as possible with him. After hearing that song, and listening to the words in the song, it has brought my father and I a lot closer.

:hug: God bless both of you.

You know, I'm new here but I just want to say that this sort of post is the reason I will be staying around a while.

(Oh and PLEBA may have a bit to do with that too! )

There is so much heart and good feeling here and I just wanted to say thanks.

Thanks for the interview link too :wink: I will go check it out now.

clementine_rose said:
I just watched the video for the first time....it brought this tough broad to tears. The part of the video where Bono was talking about losing his father was so incredibly moving. My father has a kidney disease and he had some test done the other day and found out that his kidney function has dropped. My father and I never really got along or spent time together, but since I heard SYCMIOYO I have been spending as much time as possible with him. After hearing that song, and listening to the words in the song, it has brought my father and I a lot closer. I guess that SYCMIOYO has made me appreciate him more and has made me take advantage of what time we have left with each other, and made me realize how lost I would be if I lost him today.

how old is your father? is a kidney transplant considered as an alternative? i know the feeling of hearing the news that a loved one has kidney failure. a few yrs ago, my hubby has been diagnosed with it. hearing it from the doctor petrified me. the next image on my mind was a mushroom cloud from a dropped atomic bomb. both my hubby and i were speechless when we drove home back from the clinic. i ws holding back my tears knowing that i have to keep strong for him. i thought that if i break down that moment, he would crumble. but as fate or should i say God would have it, my hubby underwent a successful kidney transplant and now he's much even healthier than he was before. i hope you can find a good treatment for your dad.

and speaking of SYCMIOYO, like bono i knew how it felt to be visiting a cancer stricken father and trying as best as you can to spend the last few remainig days with him in his sickbed, rushing from work to the hospital every day that I can. it's been 15 yrs since my own dad died from cancer and this song just reminded me of him. somehow there's some similarity to bono's relationship with his father to mine. you know that stage when you are a kid and you think parents are gonna live forever?
the breakaway from that thought is painful and quite a disillusionment. sort of your graduation from childhood to adulthood.

angel_28 said:
I remeber during the Elevation tour i made a sign that said U2 Thank you!...and Bono during Beautful day saw my little sign and put his hand to chest while looking right at me..it was a little moment in time that i will always treasure

Certainly don't blame you for treasuring that...that's really cool :up: :). And I think it really says something about Bono that he can still be touched by a sign like yours even after all this time.

Also, glad to know you'll be sticking around, gr@cie...yeah, you'll like it here, the people are pretty nice :). And clementine_rose...no problem :hug:. That's what we do here-support each other, let it be known that there is someone out there who understands and sympathizes, so...

Angela

Clementine, I'm so glad you told us your story. Thanks so much.

Hope you can spend some good time with your dad

LoL

Back
Top Bottom