Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucy3011
What a wonderful post, Clementine.

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you still have more than plenty of time to get to know each other properly.
Clementine

Old 01-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:36 PM
Thank you, Clementine, for sharing with us.

I am glad that the interview was helpful to you in some way in coping with the situation with your dad that you are currently facing.

No words we can say can change things for you. Just stay close to the music of U2 and to all of us here, and you WILL get through it all OK.

I know that's hard to believe right now - just take it a day at a time.

I know - I've been there too.

Old 01-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:36 PM
Clementine

That is a wonderful story to add to the many of the gentl and beautiful spirit of this man. I really do hope to meet him this tour. I realize what I may have to say to him isn't anything that hasn't been uttered to him a thousand times over but I want and need to say, "Thank you so much for everything you've done. You HAVE made a difference"
Old 01-02-2005, 06:37 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by clementine_rose
It just warms my heart to see how much love Bono has for people, I mean he cares for people he doesn't even know. Also, to see how much love he has for his father, mother, wife, children and the people of the World, it is just a very touching thing. There are just so many ways that U2 have really been a blessing in my life and I know in so many other people’s lives. I honestly think the World is lucky to have U2.
I could not agree with you more on this part of your post-you're absolutely right. We need more people like Bono, and the rest of the guys in U2, in this world, we really, really do. Also, s to you in regards to your father.

I'll have to go find this interview and watch it...it sure sounds interesting. What a heartbreaking, touching story *s to Bono and to the girl with the tattoo*

Angela
Old 01-02-2005, 06:41 PM   #20
New Yorker

Aww i'm downloading the video now..hehe can't wait to see it sounds so sweet and sad at the same time.
I remeber during the Elevation tour i made a sign that said U2 Thank you!...and Bono during Beautful day saw my little sign and put his hand to chest while looking right at me..it was a little moment in time that i will always treasure...this year i hope to see him again...and again i will say thank you! U2 has done so much for me...i can never say thank you to them enough!
Old 01-02-2005, 07:29 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

sometimes I cant stand how wonderful bono really is. Hes just a man but a man with such soul and such heart it totally breaks mine
Old 01-02-2005, 07:41 PM   #22
War Child

Thank you all for your kind words. It means a lot to have people that care.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:23 PM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 01:36 PM
I wish Bono would kiss my tattoos.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:32 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

me too! especially my U2 tattoo
or the celtic arm band would do just fine
Old 01-02-2005, 09:23 PM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by clementine_rose
My father has a kidney disease and he had some test done the other day and found out that his kidney function has dropped. My father and I never really got along or spent time together, but since I heard SYCMIOYO I have been spending as much time as possible with him. After hearing that song, and listening to the words in the song, it has brought my father and I a lot closer.
God bless both of you.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:13 PM   #26
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:36 AM
Big Grin

You know, I'm new here but I just want to say that this sort of post is the reason I will be staying around a while.

(Oh and PLEBA may have a bit to do with that too! )

There is so much heart and good feeling here and I just wanted to say thanks.

Thanks for the interview link too I will go check it out now.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:40 PM   #27
The Fly

Local Time: 09:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by clementine_rose
[B]I just watched the video for the first time....it brought this tough broad to tears. The part of the video where Bono was talking about losing his father was so incredibly moving. My father has a kidney disease and he had some test done the other day and found out that his kidney function has dropped. My father and I never really got along or spent time together, but since I heard SYCMIOYO I have been spending as much time as possible with him. After hearing that song, and listening to the words in the song, it has brought my father and I a lot closer. I guess that SYCMIOYO has made me appreciate him more and has made me take advantage of what time we have left with each other, and made me realize how lost I would be if I lost him today.

how old is your father? is a kidney transplant considered as an alternative? i know the feeling of hearing the news that a loved one has kidney failure. a few yrs ago, my hubby has been diagnosed with it. hearing it from the doctor petrified me. the next image on my mind was a mushroom cloud from a dropped atomic bomb. both my hubby and i were speechless when we drove home back from the clinic. i ws holding back my tears knowing that i have to keep strong for him. i thought that if i break down that moment, he would crumble. but as fate or should i say God would have it, my hubby underwent a successful kidney transplant and now he's much even healthier than he was before. i hope you can find a good treatment for your dad.

and speaking of SYCMIOYO, like bono i knew how it felt to be visiting a cancer stricken father and trying as best as you can to spend the last few remainig days with him in his sickbed, rushing from work to the hospital every day that I can. it's been 15 yrs since my own dad died from cancer and this song just reminded me of him. somehow there's some similarity to bono's relationship with his father to mine. you know that stage when you are a kid and you think parents are gonna live forever?
the breakaway from that thought is painful and quite a disillusionment. sort of your graduation from childhood to adulthood.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by angel_28
I remeber during the Elevation tour i made a sign that said U2 Thank you!...and Bono during Beautful day saw my little sign and put his hand to chest while looking right at me..it was a little moment in time that i will always treasure
Certainly don't blame you for treasuring that...that's really cool . And I think it really says something about Bono that he can still be touched by a sign like yours even after all this time.

Also, glad to know you'll be sticking around, gr@cie...yeah, you'll like it here, the people are pretty nice . And clementine_rose...no problem . That's what we do here-support each other, let it be known that there is someone out there who understands and sympathizes, so...

Angela
Old 01-03-2005, 01:39 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:36 PM
Clementine, I'm so glad you told us your story. Thanks so much.

Hope you can spend some good time with your dad

LoL
Old 01-03-2005, 05:23 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

That was such a lovely post clementine