Stupid Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYbrowneyedgirl

Acrobat
Hi girls. I am fairly new here and don't post very often, but I do enjoy looking through all the pictures that you post. So I was wondering, in the older photos, Bono wears jeans quite often. However, it seems that in the last five years or so, there aren't any pictures of him wearing jeans. He is usually wearing leather or olive colored pants, or suits. Don't get me wrong he looks great whatever he is wearing, but has anyone else noticed this? Anybody know why?

Like I said, just a stupid question, I'm really bored at work.

lol.. I've noticed this too. He wears a lot of khaki nowadays, especially during Pop. Did he even *wear* any during the 90s?
eek.gif

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

U2's fashion person: mmmlooks like we're gonna put you in khakis now.

Bono: okie dokie.

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

cba says:

Well, what happened is, you can clearly see the difference between our attitude in 1989 compared with that of ZOOTV in 1992. Leather better conveyed the rock star cliche Bono was going for. It also made his ass sexy *wonders: did i joost type that?!* So after that, we were more 'professional' stars. We were established and we certainly weren't as young as we used to be. Jeans for Bono, just stopped working. And now, he likes khaki's cos they're not so constricting on his manpudge. *waits for cbb to see this*

Originally posted by Lilly:

U2's fashion person: mmmlooks like we're gonna put you in khakis now.

Bono: okie dokie.

LOL Lilly...I think Bono would wear whatever he wanted to though...maybe jeans were too trendy for him.
wink.gif

Suddenly I pine fer denim.....

jt_bono_poolstick2.jpg

heybabyheybabyHEY

~*Mona Vox of Easy Street*~

CBL speaks:

FOAD CBA! Why do you wankers even care about Bono's bloody pants?

Me: Oy, sorry for his bad behavior. CBL, you have been bad! Go to my room!

[This message has been edited by Foadie (edited 05-15-2002).]

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
Did he even *wear* any during the 90s?
eek.gif

Pants?
eek.gif

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

I liked him best in jeans! His cute little hind parts sure filled 'em out! I hated them damn khakis, can't see tha shape o' his buns! Don't like them baggy ones he's worn lately either. Jeans is the best, then comes them black leather pants. TIGHT on the butt, that's what I wanna see. Bono's buns!
biggrin.gif

He wears tha suits when he goes off politicin' and I don't reckon he really likes 'em.

------------------
I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll.

[This message has been edited by The Possum Queen (edited 05-15-2002).]

Originally posted by The Possum Queen:

He wears tha suits when he goes off politicin' and I don't reckon he really likes 'em.

I love the sweater thing he's been doing lately. Bono....

------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

lol.. I've noticed this too. He wears a lot of khaki nowadays, especially during Pop. Did he even *wear* any during the 90s?
eek.gif

I can't remember him wearing them in the 90s

eek.gif

this is all I could find at the moment- Pop era in Miami:
334474%3A323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A5%3C76566ot1lsi

*continues search*

------------------
"I retain the right to act like a hormonal teenager because i am one!!!" ~~~ Laura

AIM: Rattle n Hum 02

peace out \\//

Originally posted by Lilly:

cba says:

Well, what happened is, you can clearly see the difference between our attitude in 1989 compared with that of ZOOTV in 1992. Leather better conveyed the rock star cliche Bono was going for. It also made his ass sexy *wonders: did i joost type that?!* So after that, we were more 'professional' stars. We were established and we certainly weren't as young as we used to be. Jeans for Bono, just stopped working. And now, he likes khaki's cos they're not so constricting on his manpudge. *waits for cbb to see this*

cbb says:

it's not manpudge, it's ummm well I can't use the term for it here....mods are everywhere....

------------------
Daisy

~*~We are one, but we're not the same
We've got to carry each other~*~

The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIM:daisyone75

Oh boy.. say one thing, and people think you mean another.
tongue.gif

It's PLEBA ... the only place where an innocent comment can be twisted into something scandalous. LOL.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

confused.gif
What's cbb and cba???????
confused.gif

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic:

334474%3A323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A5%3C76566ot1lsi

[/B]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MONDO SHIBBY

ALSO my Bono Erotobot is jealous of the fame of CBB.....

~*Mona Vox of Easy Street*~

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:

awwwwwwwwwww Bono

wef9.jpg

I think I am going to declare that my all-time favorite Bono pic.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Back
Top Bottom