"Stuff" magazine insults Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurel Hill

The Fly
On page 29 of the May issue, they have a thing called 'hit list' and they label it 'Schmuck of the draw" "no talent no problem" about people they think lucked into something they didn't deserve. They put a picture of his head and said:

U2's Adam Clayton: has made millions of bucks and nailed tons of models merely by thumping the world's simplest baselines."

:mad: This is so rude! He is a good bass player, and the only model he ever 'nailed' was Naomi Campbell. They also diss Jim Belushi, saying he'd never be famous if it weren't for his famous, more talented dead brother.

Let's write in and tell them we don't agree!
Stuff@palmcoastd.com

:mad: bleepers adams not only a great bass player his cool got carisma looks and has the best dress sence in u2 (except for the zoo tv era) they just do that to get a cheap laugh:tsk:

Thats what newspapers and magazines are well known for, they have nothing better to do then insult cool, innocent people.

They'll be hearing from me. I think everyone who disagrees should definitely let them know it.

(I'm putting a copy of my letter in my journal if anyone is interested)

Last edited:
Hmmm...my intuition tells me the people who wrote that are the type who would overplay every song in an effort to be impressive.

Don't you see - they want this kind of reaction. That's why they've written it. Obviously they've nothing else to fill their crappy mag with and therefore know that if they insult perfectly talented ppl, folks like us will contact them and hey...good reaction from the public! Makes 'em look good, makes 'em look like they're doing something right if they get a good response. 'Course, another reason could simply be that they're jealous of Adams' success as a musician and his attraction to women...I wonder if the article was written by a man? lol...(probably some wimp with a none existant willy)...:censored:

JCOSTER said:
Adam also had a tremendous role in the begining for band. He is so much more than a bass player....How dare they!:mad: :madspit:

Isn't the editor/founder of Stuff magazine Bob Guicioni (sp) Jr.? I recall reading he had some sort of beef with U2, and if he is the editor of that magazine, I wouldn't bother responding to this.

Keep in mind, only the really "into" the band fans would know of Adam's crucial role in the band's history, or that if it wasn't for him, U2 may have not been more than a blurb in Irish history books.

Edge wasn't sure he wanted to stay in the band, Adam booked their early concerts, made little business cards, he put ads in papers to get their name out there, he took the band seriously before anyone else did according to Bono.

Adam's not regarded as one of the top bassists, but "made millions merely by thumping the worlds' simplest basslines" is way off. Don't expect the writer of the article to do extensive research on the bands' history though.

Probably only Edge gets named among the best guitarists but even then some people don't think he's that great either.

Walk on. ;) Don't feed the trolls ye know.

thrillme said:

Isn't the editor/founder of Stuff magazine Bob Guicioni (sp) Jr.? I recall reading he had some sort of beef with U2, and if he is the editor of that magazine, I wouldn't bother responding to this.

Keep in mind, only the really "into" the band fans would know of Adam's crucial role in the band's history, or that if it wasn't for him, U2 may have not been more than a blurb in Irish history books.

Edge wasn't sure he wanted to stay in the band, Adam booked their early concerts, made little business cards, he put ads in papers to get their name out there, he took the band seriously before anyone else did according to Bono.

Adam's not regarded as one of the top bassists, but "made millions merely by thumping the worlds' simplest basslines" is way off. Don't expect the writer of the article to do extensive research on the bands' history though.

Probably only Edge gets named among the best guitarists but even then some people don't think he's that great either.

Walk on. ;) Don't feed the trolls ye know.

:up:

Very well said, thrillme! :up:

However, any kind of reaction or attention that a magazine elicits, whether good or bad, is always good for them. I don't know if I'll write in, because I don't want to feed the monster, but it still makes me mad.

I know nothing about the magazine or it's editors, but I'll just say I was in a bad mood and they made a great target for me to complain about/to :lol: I feel much better now :wink:

besides, it was fun to threaten the loss of money to a magazine I would never waste my money on anyway :laugh:

U2's Adam Clayton: has made millions of bucks and nailed tons of models merely by thumping the world's simplest baselines."

Hmmm...how about he tirelessly promoted a fledgeling rock band in a country that never had one survive beyond their shores before...guess they forgot that minor detail.
He's part of the four-legged table that keeps the others supported and moving along, and part of survival mechanism (his words) that keeps them sane.
(He's got a bottle of superglue...)

No Adam = no U2.

Hundreds of thousands of screaming fans can't be wrong for all these years.

Re: Re: "Stuff" magazine insults Adam

Rini said:

Hmmm...how about he tirelessly promoted a fledgeling rock band in a country that never had one survive beyond their shores before...guess they forgot that minor detail.
He's part of the four-legged table that keeps the others supported and moving along, and part of survival mechanism (his words) that keeps them sane.
(He's got a bottle of superglue...)

No Adam = no U2.

Hundreds of thousands of screaming fans can't be wrong for all these years.

:up: very well said.

Laurel Hill said:
On page 29 of the May issue, they have a thing called 'hit list' and they label it 'Schmuck of the draw" "no talent no problem" about people they think lucked into something they didn't deserve. They put a picture of his head and said:

:mad: This is so rude! He is a good bass player, and the only model he ever 'nailed' was Naomi Campbell. They also diss Jim Belushi, saying he'd never be famous if it weren't for his famous, more talented dead brother.

Let's write in and tell them we don't agree!
Stuff@palmcoastd.com

O Rly? :madspit:

What about New Year's Day?
What about Lady with the Spinning Head?

Adam is the backbone of that band!

thrillme said:

He was dating Kim Deal of the Pixies around the time The Pixies were touring with U2 during Zoo TV and when they got kicked off the tour. Suposedly she kept a tour diary that was printed in Spin and suposedly it had some made up stuff in it or something..

:ohmy: what made up stuff you mean about u2 does enyone know what she wrote?

and whos the pixies:confused:

crazywifebig.gif

I wouldn't give this publication my time or effort or energy. I take everything I read like that with a grain of salt. Everyone has an opinion and a statement about the world and things in it. I think those periodicals and authors who completely enjoy getting a rise out of fans over derogatory things they say shouldn't be in the business, but then they have the right to write. I suppose in this case what was written about Mr. Clayton could have been worse. I say let it go. If the magazine receives no feedback they may go out of business, or they'll at least find some other celebrity to pick apart.

Walk On is the right thing to do. Leave it behind...............

I think it's kinda funny. I know that if somebody wrote something like that about me, I'd laugh.

I know it's not true and all, but if it were true, SO WHAT, still doing better than you, typing up stupid magazine articles! :D

Back
Top Bottom