Strange dream a person my dad knows had recently...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonlit_Angel

Blue Crack Addict
In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de
My dad was telling me this morning about a co-worker of his who had a dream involving Bono recently-in it, she was running a ski lodge with Bob Saget, and one of the customers was Bono-but unfortunately, Bono was being a little difficult.

That just struck me funny, more for the Bob Saget bit (of all people), but maybe some of you have had some weirder ones as of late. Since we've gotten some new members in the past couple of months, this discussion could be a fun one to bring up again. :).

Angela

I had a strange dream last week. I was at an airport and as I'm walking through the crowded airport I see Edge, my sister, and my friends Betsy and Dave all sitting at a table. I think Bono was there too, but I don't remember :reject:

Anyway, the weird thing is, I was way more excited to see my friend Betsy than I was to see Edge :lol: I guess it's because in real life, I haven't seen Betsy in a few years (although we just e-mailed each other recently) :)

I remember in the dream I was like:

"HI BETSY! :hyper: It's so good to see you! I haven't seen you in so long, what are you doing here? I'm so glad you're here! . . .

Oh, hi Edge :| "

:lmao:

I dream about U2 a lot! Usually funny dreams.

One I had about a month ago involved me as a camera operator, walking around filming the band for a documentary. They were on tour, and trying to quit smoking at the same time. One of their crewpeople had gotten them a new type of stop-smoking patch, so they tried it.

As the day went on, they got progressively goofier. At one point, they were watching an old Doctor Who episode and riffing on it, Mystery Science Theatre 3000-style. And eating a lot.

I got a hold of the package of patches and read the ingredients. One of the active ingredients was THC, which is the potent chemical in marijuana! :ohmy: I pointed this out to the guys, and their eyes got rather wide, and Edge said, "Oh, that explains a lot!"

Sue DeNym said:
I dream about U2 a lot! Usually funny dreams.

One I had about a month ago involved me as a camera operator, walking around filming the band for a documentary. They were on tour, and trying to quit smoking at the same time. One of their crewpeople had gotten them a new type of stop-smoking patch, so they tried it.

As the day went on, they got progressively goofier. At one point, they were watching an old Doctor Who episode and riffing on it, Mystery Science Theatre 3000-style. And eating a lot.

I got a hold of the package of patches and read the ingredients. One of the active ingredients was THC, which is the potent chemical in marijuana! :ohmy: I pointed this out to the guys, and their eyes got rather wide, and Edge said, "Oh, that explains a lot!"

:lmao:! That's beautiful. kellyahern, yours is great, too, particularly 'cause in real life, you wouldn't react so nonchalantly upon seeing U2 around somewhere.

Originally posted by Seabird
Seabird Tell him to dream you with Bono! ;)

Geez, that'd be good. I've never had a romantic dream involving him, or even involving any of the other guys. I did have a few more a little over a month ago: in one, all I remember is Bono standing with a red guitar, playing it and singing something. In another, I was reading an article in a magazine about U2. And then I had one where I was all upset 'cause Bono was on "Oprah" and I'd meant to tape it and missed it.

Not one romantic dream. At all. :angry:.

Angela

i had a dream last night... i was with 2 of my friends (we met the band together), and we were going to attend to ali and bono's second wedding... ali looked like on the pic when she is in ethiopie... but she was 40!!! and she was pregnant, she was about to deliver, but we couldnot see her belly...

then, i was to larry's place... with my friends... and one of her saw Sam o'sullivan in front of larry's house...she talked to him, and he said that larry was there, or he was going to arrive... i can't remember..so, we prepare our stuff, and went in front of the door of his house... and then, it is finished!!

that's sooo weird!! :huh:

miss-U2 said:
i had a dream last night... i was with 2 of my friends (we met the band together), and we were going to attend to ali and bono's second wedding... ali looked like on the pic when she is in ethiopie... but she was 40!!! and she was pregnant, she was about to deliver, but we couldnot see her belly...

LOL, interesting.

But watching them renew their wedding vows...:cute:. Sweet dream. :).

Angela

My last dream was Bono up on a ladder painting the outside of my house and Edge was in the yard blowing leaves with the loudest blower but rocking it like he does his guitar.:dance: Iwas also panicked wondering if I should fix ice tea or hot tea and trying to get dressed with Bono outside my bedroom window painting the house - I don't live in. then I woke up... and thought what was that about...:shrug:

Last edited:
Ironically, I had a Bono dream last night for the first time in months. I don't know why, but it's very rare that I dream about anybody from U2. Anywho...

It all started me being in a bowling alley. And in this bowling alley there was a record store and at the same time there were a crew of guys setting up this huge stage at the end of the alleys. This place was unbelievable! Then I walked up to them and asked who was performing, and they said Bono was performing live for free! Of course I got all excited and asked when he was coming, and they said later in the day. But they did tell me that he was selling his latest Box Set in the record store. I thought Box Set? It was really there, and on the cover it was just Bono. He had released some kind of solo project! It included a DVD and CD. Of course I bought it, and I hung around all day waiting for the B-man. Since there were hardly any people there I started to make chit-chat with the people behind the scenes. They were very nice people. I asked them if there was a chance in meeting Bono, and they said probably after the show. Now the whole time I was thinking why I didn't know about this appearance beforehand, and they said that this is a surprise performance and that they were going to announce it on the local radio stations that afternoon. Well, after a few hours (I guess) there were thousands of people there! I was glad that I was close and up front and lucky to be there early that day. Now here is where it gets fuzzy. I didn't see him perform, but all of the sudden I was backstage talking to Bono! I don't remember what we talked about, but we were obviously having a nice conversation. Then I woke up! What the in the hell does that dream mean? Bono...solo project? Mmmmmm..... :scratch:

I had a funny U2 dream a few weeks ago. I posted about it in my journal, but I'm not sure who all reads journals here. Anyway, I was at a U2 concert and in addition to singing, the guys did SNL-type skits on stage! :lol: And Bono led anyone who wanted to participate in a conga line around the auditorium where they were playing! I got in line, but I wasn't the lucky one who got to hang onto Bono. :| Oh, and another thing, Roger Taylor from Duran Duran played onstage with the band! I think I forgot to mention that part in my journal.

Allegra said:
Ironically, I had a Bono dream last night for the first time in months. I don't know why, but it's very rare that I dream about anybody from U2. Anywho...

It's very rare for me, too. Before those last three dreams I mentioned in this thread, I hadn't had a dream involving any of the guys from U2 since June of 2002. And then a little over a month ago, I had those three dreams-two of which were my first ever Bono dreams.

Originally posted by Allegra
It all started me being in a bowling alley. And in this bowling alley there was a record store and at the same time there were a crew of guys setting up this huge stage at the end of the alleys. This place was unbelievable! Then I walked up to them and asked who was performing, and they said Bono was performing live for free! Of course I got all excited and asked when he was coming, and they said later in the day. But they did tell me that he was selling his latest Box Set in the record store. I thought Box Set? It was really there, and on the cover it was just Bono. He had released some kind of solo project! It included a DVD and CD. Of course I bought it, and I hung around all day waiting for the B-man. Since there were hardly any people there I started to make chit-chat with the people behind the scenes. They were very nice people. I asked them if there was a chance in meeting Bono, and they said probably after the show. Now the whole time I was thinking why I didn't know about this appearance beforehand, and they said that this is a surprise performance and that they were going to announce it on the local radio stations that afternoon. Well, after a few hours (I guess) there were thousands of people there! I was glad that I was close and up front and lucky to be there early that day. Now here is where it gets fuzzy. I didn't see him perform, but all of the sudden I was backstage talking to Bono! I don't remember what we talked about, but we were obviously having a nice conversation. Then I woke up! What the in the hell does that dream mean? Bono...solo project? Mmmmmm..... :scratch:

:laugh: :up: :D...I love this dream! Too bad it's not reality.

Bono's shades, yours is funny, too-a conga line, eh? Fun! :dance:.

Angela

kellyahern said:
I've had dreams where I'm searching the internet for U2 pictures :reject:

LOL! Me too!!! I frequently dream about finding the most amazing pics (like Larry shirtless in a cowboy hat and stuff like that... :shifty: ) and then I get so sad when I find out it was only a dream and I won't be able to share them in PLEBA... :tsk:

I was a fan for many years before I dreamed of him, then I dreamed he was murdered and laying bloody in the street with a knife in his belly:( But a few weeks later I dreamed a good one of him and me in the country, watching the sunset:love:

wavesofregret that dream sounds horrible!:(

I have told PLEBA about some of my dreams in the past.... I just had one on Monday night, it was Bono and Edge and I ran into them at a shopping mall and ofcourse when I saw them I hugged Bono and asked him when the album was coming out.... and he said in January so I was running up and down the aisles of the store I happened to be in like a fool.....
I can't tell you how many times I have dreamt of Bono, its wonderful because luckily it happens quite often! My friend was just telling me today that she thought it was cool that I dream about Bono!
A couple weeks ago I had this dream, which I really enjoyed.... I was at a U2 concert in an arena and I was off to the side of the stage.... when Bono started coming up these stairs to come up to the stage.... but there was a glass wall that seperated the crowd from him....so I was dancing out of control and he looked up and made eye contact with me and motioned for me to go down to him...so I did....and then we were dancing with the glass between us with our hands touching through the glass (kind of like in the Britney/Madonna video with the wall between them, actually I think thats why I had the dream to begin with, cuz that same night I had seen that video for the 1st time lol) and so we were like grinding eachother through the glass :laugh:
In the past however, my favorite 2 Bman dreams were :
The one where Bono showed up at my parents' home and he was riding a white horse and he took me away on the horse.... and then the best one was a romantic one.... dont know if I ever shared this one in detail.... but I was in bed with Bono:ohmy: nothing major happened except we were most definitely in bed together, but for some annoying reason my cousin was in the same room in a sleeping bag on the floor and I thought she would be mad at me if she knew I was in bed with Bono so Bono and I had to be really quiet... and I remember Bono was a little hyper so I had to keep telling him to shut up or he would get me in trouble..... that dream actually was reoccuring lol it came back a couple nights in a row, not that I minded :)
Oh and I just remembered another one, Bono and I were sitting having coffee in North Beach in SF at Calzones restaurant.....
Those are all the dreams that stick out in my mind the most :hyper: hope to have more!
Angela I find watching U2 before bed helps the dreaming process :yes: Hope you have some good Bono dreams soon :)

I've had some funny Bono dreams but none lately. The favorite is the shopping cart dream where we were driving along a country road going to visit someone when we come upon a grocery type store and Bono suggests we stop to get some things and when we get out of the car we take out shopping carts and begin to paint and decorate them with ribbons. Then I had one where he was at work with me and he was filing things for me. Those are 2 of may favorites.

I just feel bad for ya, flaming june, 'cause you wake up all excited to share the pictures and then realize that they don't exist. That would definitely suck.

Course, they exist in your mind, so at least there's that. :D. And maybe you'll have a dream soon where you find those pictures and then show them to PLEBA, and at least in your dreams they'll all be enjoyed.

U2SJ said:
wavesofregret that dream sounds horrible!:(

Yeah...that's a really disturbing one, wavesofregret. But luckily you had a nice dream to follow up that bad one. :).

Originally posted by U2SJ
A couple weeks ago I had this dream, which I really enjoyed.... I was at a U2 concert in an arena and I was off to the side of the stage.... when Bono started coming up these stairs to come up to the stage.... but there was a glass wall that seperated the crowd from him....so I was dancing out of control and he looked up and made eye contact with me and motioned for me to go down to him...so I did....and then we were dancing with the glass between us with our hands touching through the glass (kind of like in the Britney/Madonna video with the wall between them, actually I think thats why I had the dream to begin with, cuz that same night I had seen that video for the 1st time lol) and so we were like grinding eachother through the glass :laugh:

Hahaha! :D.

In the past however, my favorite 2 Bman dreams were :
The one where Bono showed up at my parents' home and he was riding a white horse and he took me away on the horse....

That one sounds really nice...didn't you say it was JT Bono who arrived to whisk you away?

Man, talk about wanting dreams to become realities!

and then the best one was a romantic one.... dont know if I ever shared this one in detail.... but I was in bed with Bono:ohmy: nothing major happened except we were most definitely in bed together, but for some annoying reason my cousin was in the same room in a sleeping bag on the floor and I thought she would be mad at me if she knew I was in bed with Bono so Bono and I had to be really quiet... and I remember Bono was a little hyper so I had to keep telling him to shut up or he would get me in trouble..... that dream actually was reoccuring lol it came back a couple nights in a row, not that I minded :)

LOL.

Angela I find watching U2 before bed helps the dreaming process :yes: Hope you have some good Bono dreams soon :)

There have been nights when I have watched something U2-related right before going to bed, and still nothing-like last night, watched something U2-related, went to bed not long after, and nothing. Maybe I need to do that every night, instead of just on occasion. But I'd have to work it around whatever my family may be watching at the moment, though...

Angela

You guys are lucky. The only U2 dreams I've had lately are bad. I dreamed Larry died (for the second time), and three times that I make it to a concert, but my dream ends before they come on stage. I haven't had a happy U2 dream for a long, long time! :(

But once I dreamed that Bono was on my front porch and my mom wouldn't let him in! I said, "MOM!!! Let him in!!" and she said "No! Don't open the door!" I looked through the peep hole and he was standing there wringing his hands like he does on TV (he must have been nervous!), then I woke up. I never did get to let Bono in! :scream:

I dreamed that I met Bono, period, almost two years ago. That was one of only two dreams I've ever had of Bono, both times. But, in it, I met him...I saw what it would be like to meet him.:cool:

i had a dream where bono and ali where behind/before me in some line. Somehow bono disappeared and we were describing him to the police and i kept saying, "And he's really short."
Anyway by the end of the dream we must have found him because he gave me a hug. :)

Soul Always said:
I dreamed that I met Bono, period, almost two years ago. That was one of only two dreams I've ever had of Bono, both times. But, in it, I met him...I saw what it would be like to meet him.:cool:

:hug: Aaaaawwww...how cute! I have had Bono dreams, but no hugs in them yet, damn it! Lucky girl! My Bono is still an untouchable celebrity in my dreams.

i've only had one U2 dream where i was at a concert in the first row and i'd just made eye contact with edge when my brother woke me up and said "you don't sing any better when your alseep."

I had a dream about Bono. Edge was in it a little. I cant remember it too well, but I will try. Somehow I was friends with Bono, dont know how but I was and he told me to call his cell so I could talk to Edge. But it was wierd cause why would Edge have Bono's cell? LOL. But I called and Edge answerd and I siad "Is this the Edge"? And he said "Yes...who the hell is this"? He sounded mad for some reason. But then he hung up on me, wouldnt even let me tell him who I was. And Bono said, " I will drive ya to him then"! So we got into Bono's car, and it is funny cause it was a little peice of junk, load and rusty lol. But we got to where Edge was and Edge was really mad about somthin and he took Bono into the other room and I could here Edge yellin at him. Cussing and stuff. Bono came out and said that Edge has moodswings sometimes! LOL. I was like "OK, so what do you want me to do about it"? I turned into brat all of a sudden. Then Edge came out and he left. I was so sad. Through out the dream me and Bono kept following him, I never got to talk to him though:sad:. Oh well, I got to drive around with the second hottest! In his rusty car! Thats the only part i can really remember well.

edge's girl,
Thats funny! :laugh: Stupid siblings!

I had a dream the other night that Larry bought a soccer team and I was the general manager :huh: (do soccer teams even have general managers? :scratch: )

Anyway, Larry was the owner and I was helping him draft players (giving him advice, "No, you don't want this guy . . . Ooo, this guy's a good player! . . ." ) Larry was really happy that he had a soccer team :) :lmao:

It made no sense, I don't really like soccer :reject:

Would you believe I've never had a U2 dream? Damn. I have alot of really graphic nightmares, not very pleasant dreams. Twenty years of fandom, no U2 dreams. No fair!!!:mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom