Strange but awful problem for a PLEBAn- can anyone help? (comp. related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Lately I have been unable to save pics on my computer as anything but bitmaps, and untitled. I have been saving pictures for years, and they usually save as what they actually are, with the actual title. I usually change the title to something I can remember. But now, everything saves as untitled bitmap! The worst thing is, bitmaps are huge files, so I have to take them right to photoshop and convert them to jpegs before I use them or they'll eat my boomspeed space up quick. They also clog your computer with too many bites. Worst of all, since I can't save as a gif anymore, the gifs I try to save don't move! Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? Is it something in the settings, or something I accidently clicked? This is an awful thing to happen to a pic person! Help!

I had that same problem a few months ago. You need to clear your cache to free up memory. On IE, go to Tools>Internet Options>Delete Files. All this will do is delete temporary Internet files you have stored. It'll probably quite full, so don't worry if it seems to take a long time.

Good luck!

I had the same problem once as well, and I must say I still have some huge bmp pics in my folders.:mad:

I never found where it came from though, it just stopped one day.

I hope it'll work U2Kitten!

VintagePunk said:
I had that same problem a few months ago. You need to clear your cache to free up memory. On IE, go to Tools>Internet Options>Delete Files. All this will do is delete temporary Internet files you have stored. It'll probably quite full, so don't worry if it seems to take a long time.

Good luck!

VP :bow::kiss:

VintagePunk said:

Good luck!

Damn you're good :wink:

Reason # 4958029476859208475 to NEVER use Internet Explorer again.

I'm still befuddled as to why IE cache would have anything to do with the default save file type for image files :scratch: but maybe it's just b/c IE sucks and fucks things up for no apparent reason?

I'm playing w/ IE at the moment and can't get it to reproduce this problem....perhaps your computer has spyware on it? I can't think of any other reason IE cache or cookies would effect something like that. You might want to check for spyware.

Thanks, BC! I've never heard of that problem before. I guess that's a good thing, since we have thousands of Windows/IE machines on campus and no one has ever called about that issue.

Thanks BC! :) So it wasn't so rare and strange after all, it's a legitimate problem! And the directions are just what VP said!

LivLuv, why does every computer expert person (like you) hate IE? I've heard so many say that! There must be a reason! But I'm so used to it I can't get used to any other browser. Foxfire won't hold my almost 200 'favorites' :grumpy:

U2Kitten said:
LivLuv, why does every computer expert person (like you) hate IE? I've heard so many say that! There must be a reason! But I'm so used to it I can't get used to any other browser. Foxfire won't hold my almost 200 'favorites' :grumpy:

'Cus #1 I hate Microsoft and #2 it's less secure (Mozilla is FAR better at warding off pop-ups and blocking spyware/adware) and #3 I love the way Mozilla looks and works....it's just a better internet browser :shrug:

After you install it, when you run it for the first time, it will ask if you want to import anything. Just choose Internet Explorer and it will re-create all your favorites.

Back
Top Bottom