Straight Up Pop Lovin,' PLEBA style.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
Seriously.

I know a lot of ppl do not like the POP ways, but check it:

have ye actually SEEN the PopMex video? I just saw it for the first time, at Julie's house with her and Fishy. Believe you me, it is inCREDible.

OK so we didn't really watch the first part of it bc we were like "Eh...Pop....y'know.... I'd rather rattle and hum with the boys...I don't like Bono with just a tuft of hair" and....I know you like your Marylanders to be exciting....so we made gold glitter MacPhisto shoes. LITERALLY. And went to the bowling alley with them on....But that's another story.
So initially we weren't too interested. I mean I know everyone has their own opinions, but OMD I tell you.

***HIGHLIGHTS***...of what we saw...
SBS -- Edge singing by himself. *UBERcute*

BTBS -- Bono and the umbrella. 'Nuff said. WOO hello.

LLLLEEEEEMMMOOONNNN brings the bubble pants. inSANE what they'll do to 3 girls at 4 AM. Does anyone know where the real lemon is today, BTW?

MW -- Bono and Edge are totally eyeing each other which is SO entertaining....you HAVE to see it. InCREDible. Bono's fruit salad. It's all backstage.....I mean it's insane bc Bono has this GINORMOUS crowd in the PALM of his HAND and as a bonus he's got Edge, and Edge is just eatin' it. They're all playing off each other. Check it...

BONO OWNS THE SMUG
EDGE OWNS THE SHIMMY

And by the end all you see is beauty. I can't even begin to TRY to explain this version of "One" that closes the show, because I know you like your PLEBAns to be exciting but even my Bonoesque eloquence

PETE YORN: *cough*

Could not do justice to what "One" was and IS. Just check it fer yerself. Ye will not be disappointed. The three of us were literally CRYING like little girls. And you see Bono totally choking up. It's AMAZING. Just....bacon. Everyone go see it now.

~*Mona*~
"I definitely saw shimmy" ~Fishy

Quotes from the night o' fun...

WE WILL DO THE RAPIN' AROUND HERE!!!

I DEFINATLY SAW SHIMMY!

Oh look it's Jude Law...oh no wait...it's a lampost...

Bono is a Fruitstand

OMG do you STILL have that lollipop?!?

Look! Cows!!!

We know you like you Marylanders, customers, bowlers to be exciting...

felatio felatio love you felatio...

Who gave her something to Felate?

Stand upwind from the sparkles!

Jesus thinks Zooropa is an underated album...

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

Wednesday + MPS = NAKED TIME!!!

"Except it may have been Care Bears" ~Opal

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
Jesus thinks Zooropa is an underated album...

Jesus himself is an underrated guy
biggrin.gif
I think everyone knows what I'm thinking
wink.gif

But seriously, I have not yet seen PopMart Mexico, but I do agree that Pop is great! Yay Pop!
smile.gif

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Edge dancin' across the stage in his cute white booties!

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Mona: Sorry, but I still find it impossible to sit through. It hurts me to see Bono that way. You know Mona, Bono with pretty hair + leather = always better!
smile.gif

Charity- there aren't just 3, there are more! Didn't you now there is a brand new one, the U2 Live in Boston DVD from the Elevation tour just last year? Watch it! There is also an old one, Under a Blood Red Sky, Red Rocks in Colorado in 1983. Those are both great, but ZOO and Rattle and Hum are probably the greatest.

I DO like my Marylanders exciting (we in VA need something to look up to
wink.gif
) and I'd have loved to have seen those shoes!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

I'm one of those weirdos who became a fan during Pop and Popmart, so of course I LOVE it. I was 15 at the time. My mom had been a fan since JT, but this was when I really got into it. After I saw them in Chicago in '97, that was it. I was hooked!

Here's some pics from my personal collection from Popmart in Detroit (on Larry's b-day!)

det1.jpg

det2.jpg

det3.jpg

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

i love the popmex show!! so many memories...i love bono in the bubble pants (that was the time i pinched his bum *accidentally of course*) i love all their videos, this one is just special, b/c it was my first time at a u2 show! *fuzzies*

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
lost on a silent planet
two lone, rising stars
locked in a silent planet
so close and yet so far...

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
i love the popmex show!! so many memories...i love bono in the bubble pants (that was the time i pinched his bum *accidentally of course*) i love all their videos, this one is just special, b/c it was my first time at a u2 show! *fuzzies*

Mine too! I LOVE those pants too...hehe

I think it's a first show thing...Nothing ever really tops it. My mom's first show was ZooTv and even though she was in the nosebleed section and we were really close for Popmart AND Elevation, nothing can ever top ZooTv for her.

------------------

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:

Mona: Sorry, but I still find it impossible to sit through. It hurts me to see Bono that way. You know Mona, Bono with pretty hair + leather = always better!
smile.gif

Charity- there aren't just 3, there are more! Didn't you now there is a brand new one, the U2 Live in Boston DVD from the Elevation tour just last year? Watch it! There is also an old one, Under a Blood Red Sky, Red Rocks in Colorado in 1983. Those are both great, but ZOO and Rattle and Hum are probably the greatest.

I DO like my Marylanders exciting (we in VA need something to look up to
wink.gif
) and I'd have loved to have seen those shoes!
biggrin.gif

Thank you, I do know about the Boston show but have never seen it because I don't have a DVD player
frown.gif
I have seen parts of it on TV and pics but not the whole thing. I like what I've seen so far. I haven't seen the 1983 one, my video store doesn't have it for rent or sale but I would like to see it too.

Originally posted by wertsie:
Here's some pics from my personal collection from Popmart in Detroit (on Larry's b-day!)

Hey wertsie, is it true at this show Larry's girlfriend Ann came out with a bday cake for him? Do you remember anything about this?
smile.gif

------------------
She never really belonged to me

U2 Take Me Higher

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Hey wertsie, is it true at this show Larry's girlfriend Ann came out with a bday cake for him? Do you remember anything about this?
smile.gif

Yes, as a matter of fact it is true! She came out on the catwalk with a cake for him and they all sang happy birthday. hehehe...I was at the end of the catwalk! My goofy mom didn't get a picture of her, but I have seen one...Lemmme go find it, and I'll post it here for you!

PS. Unrelated, but I also saw Morleigh in Chicago in '97!!!

------------------

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
this is yours? Lol!! I have it on my website! someone showed it to me a while ago!

No, it's not mine...I was pretty much that close to them, but my silly mom didn't take a picture!

------------------

OMGOMGOMG!!!!

Edge is THE rhinestone cowboy, man.

"you know, those bubble pants REALLY accentuate his-"

*mega bono crotch thrust into camera*

"WHOA! yea, there ya go!"

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

I loved POP it was great, but I really could've done without seeing that pic of Ann!!!!!!!!!! She has major attitude problems.

Mona/Clums/Fishy: OMG WHAT DID HE JUST SAY!!!

*rewind*

Mona: Did he just say "Do Something Feck me here Edge!"

Unison: Oh no...FUNKY...he said "Do something FUNKY here Edge"

LMAO...and then...SHIMMY!!!

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

We know you like your Marylanders to be exciting...

Has anyone stopped to consider the irony of shopping for MacPhisto shoes at the Salvation Army...

Originally posted by Tanya:
I loved POP it was great, but I really could've done without seeing that pic of Ann!!!!!!!!!! She has major attitude problems.

Huh???? Do you mean she has an attitude because she keeps her family life private???? I disagree with you, in fact I don't even know enough about her to make any type of personality judgements.

You Wanna talk attitude look at Mariah Carey, or some other obnoxious Diva who are totally convinced that the world revolves around themselves.

There I ranted, I feel better
smile.gif

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
Mona/Clums/Fishy: OMG WHAT DID HE JUST SAY!!!

*rewind*

Mona: Did he just say "Do Something Feck me here Edge!"

Unison: Oh no...FUNKY...he said "Do something FUNKY here Edge"

LMAO...and then...SHIMMY!!!

Exqueeze me? Baking powder? Sure y'all didn't get ahold of some bad mushrooms?
confused.gif
wink.gif

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

Originally posted by daisybean:
Huh???? Do you mean she has an attitude because she keeps her family life private???? I disagree with you, in fact I don't even know enough about her to make any type of personality judgements.

You Wanna talk attitude look at Mariah Carey, or some other obnoxious Diva who are totally convinced that the world revolves around themselves.

There I ranted, I feel better
smile.gif

Ah, is that what she meant? I don't blame Ann for being private. Her boyfriend is in the band, not her. I have to admit that I AM curious about her, but it's not like it's my business or anything...hehe

------------------

Originally posted by Tanya:

Looks like someone else has a major attitude problem.

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Exqueeze me? Baking powder? Sure y'all didn't get ahold of some bad mushrooms?
confused.gif
wink.gif

O......fer anyone who's seen the way Bono and Edge dance during MW.....you would KNOW.

Also.....during that, while Bono's thrusting his way to Edge, I swear he says "If you wanna kiss this guy, better learn how to kneel" O_O

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono

"For the good of the nation ~ you MUST defile Bono" ~Echo
Get on the Boos

Many have I loved
Many times been bitten
Many times I've gazed
Along the open road.

Originally posted by WildHonee:

O......fer anyone who's seen the way Bono and Edge dance during MW.....you would KNOW.

Also.....during that, while Bono's thrusting his way to Edge, I swear he says "If you wanna kiss this guy, better learn how to kneel" O_O

eek.gif
OMD that I do NOT want to see!
icon30.gif

icon40.gif

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-08-2002).]

Originally posted by WildHonee:

*takes kneeling lessons*

*waits for the EdgeLove to roll in*

tongue.gif

Ok...so NOW (AFTER I type my unknowingly lascivious response) I realize the not-so-subtle innuendo of Mona's comment. You'd think by now I'd be more attuned to these sorts of things.

Feck it, I'm posting this anyway.

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
eek.gif
OMD that I do NOT want to see!
icon30.gif

icon40.gif

DOOD no seriously. It's hot. TAKE IT.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono