Story behind your screen name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurel Hill

The Fly
Why did you choose your screen name? What does it mean?

"Laurel Hill" is not my name. It's a place. The most beautiful, peaceful, tranquil place in the world. The kind of place you'd love to run and hide. You can barely hear the wind blow or the birds chirp. It's my favorite place in the world. Just thinking of it brings me peace and happiness when I'm down.

hi laurel hill! :wave:

babydoll is my childhood nickname, given to me by the mom of a very special friend of mine back then... i mustve been 4 or 5, years ago! :D

Some friends and I were drunk one night about 5 years ago, and decided to find Nordic goddess sounding names for each other. I picked Thora because I loved how it sounded. That's been my nickname ever since.

SEB are my initials, and I put those there because I assumed that Thora might have been taken. I was wrong, but now I'm stuck with the extra SEB, since you can't change your username (as far as I know).

For those that don't know me yet, I go by Thora around here! :)

My full name is Hayley, but all of my friends call me 'Hay'. I'm the most uncreative person :)

There's an @U2 comic about the top ten U2 moments in the cartoonist's life, and one of them was the hottness of POP Edge, and the comic panel for that said "VIVA LA POP EDGE!" :wink: I thought POP Edge was really cool, so I took it :giggle:

I had somebody else set up my first email account for me, and he gave me the username of Menomineechick, since Menominee is my hometown. I didn't really like it though, so I swapped Menominee with Bono and signed up for a new account as Bonochick.

U2 cause well, yeah. And then Shamrock cause they're Irish and I have Irish in me(not from Ireland but have ancestors who were) and the shamrock is a symbol for Ireland....not really original, but hey :)

Well---Partygirl is one of my favorite songs because it reminds me of my High School days and 43 is a re-occuring number in my life--its every where.

PartyGirl43

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I wanted to go with U2 Manaic Weirdo....since I'm such a Manaic for U2....and I'm a bit weird too.....but I forgot the R.....so then it became U2 Manaic Weido. Finally I just capitlized every other letter after U2.....so that's how I came up with U2MaNaIcWeIdO.

It's spelled Maniac.

(spelling police)

:whistle: :wink:

Well long story short my real name is unusal and was always being missprounenced when I was in school. So friends of mine started calling me Cat. When I was 16 I cut most of my hair off and dyed what was left a bright orangeish color. It looked alot like rust. My mom kept saying I had rusty hair and somewhere along the lines I became Russty Cat. Most people just call me Russty now.

mine's pretty self explanatory..

whenever someone has a conversation with me or in general and I hear the words "you too" I automatically assume U2.. :der:
and so I just tossed it about with my name to get the ever-so-fancy 'youtooellen'. haha, I know difficult :wink:

Back
Top Bottom