Story behind your screen name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LMBLover said:
Aislinn is pronunced "Ashlyn" according to a Maeve Binchy novel...I was disappointed because I like the way "Aislinn" sounds. no offense to any Ashlyns out there.

it depends really...
i have heard it pronounced a few different ways

a-slin and azzlynn being the ones i have heard the most :D

I always loved Angels and when i started using this nickname over 10 years i was a nice person, so i was AngelK (the K stands for Kelly my first name)...

I tried a few things and this is the only thing I could think of that wasn't taken, yes, my imagination is terrible and my name is lame... :wink:

When I announced to my family that although it was just days before the show, I had no tickets, no transportation, no money, and I am afraid of flying, and that I was going to get on a plane and fly half way across the country to the last u2 show of the tour, and I was going whether anyone was coming with me or not, my brother asked me if a bono comet had passed over my house and brain washed me. :shrug: :rolleyes:

mine is just that I always thought,of sitting in a big chair with the fly and he called me baby and kissed me,and I cut it as babe,
I have a bunch of nicknames and i sometimes hate it.:angry: :macdevil:

ive been called sconehead my my uncle since i was a lil girl because i used to eat scones all the time. ever since it has stuck, he never calls me chloe (which is my real name) and i probably wouldnt reolise he was talking to me if he did! i get called scone for short tho.

My friends calll me Horn cause I was the one who told them all the purpose of a Shoehorn and I was listening to Paperbag Writer while making my account so Hornbag was good enough for me :D

but these days my friends call me Hore lol, cause one of my N.I friends cant pronounce Horn right and it's stuck :D

ah well, maybe not interesting but weirdly humorous i guess

Mine, although seemingly self-explainitory, actually has a sorta funny story beind it.

Originally, I was going to be Gee Gee, as it is the nickname that most of my friends know me by. Then, while I was signing up, my friend bet me $1 that my screen name couldn't be a complete sentance. Normally, my desire for money would be overridden by my love of brevity, but my wallet was empty at the time, so I threw together a subject (GeeGee), a verb (loves), and a noun (Adam) and collected my money.

flybabe said:
mine is just that I always thought,of sitting in a big chair with the fly and he called me baby and kissed me,and I cut it as babe,
I have a bunch of nicknames and i sometimes hate it.:angry: :macdevil:
^that was a bit stupid.
I don`t exactly have a big story,about my screen name exept the fact that I totally love the fly....besides Atyclb Bono:shifty: :sexywink:

MsPurrl said:
For 20-1/2 years, a lovely little black girlkitty named Miss Purrl lived with me. I had used MsPurrl in other areas, and this name is in her honor. I miss her terribly. :sad:

:hug: MsPurrl. She's playing with my little Biddy Biddy right now, I'm sure. (Currently my avatar.) I feel sorry for those who can't understand the incredible bond we can make with our furbabies. I miss my little girl terribly; she was with me for 17 years and passed away in 2000. She had lots and lots of nicknames, but her given name was Chades, which rhymes with shades.

I think I was listening to Lemon when I joined Zootopia when it was first launched, and I wanted people to know I'm a girl, but at the same time I think I wanted to be a bit annoying, so I put 5 R's in grrrrrl, maybe as a tribute to riot grrl bands, which is weird, because I never really got into riot grrl music at all. :shrug: Then an issue of Entertainment Weekly had a caricature of Mariah Carey after her movie "Glitter" came out, proclaiming it a lemon, and that became my avatar for a long time:
347728738%7Ffp3%3B%3Dwp%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323698995472wp1lsi

^:sad: makes me miss my Spike...had him for 18 years...he was my best friend:( died 2 years ago. I'm sorry about your're furbabies also.hug:

Awwww, thanks, y'all. It's good to hear from people who can relate to my pain at losing Miss Purrl. The day after I picked up her ashes from the vet, I went to PetSmart "just to look at the kitties" and for some "fuzz therapy." When I went into the room where the cats were, they all started meowing. Down at the end of the row, I saw a white paw reaching out of the cage toward me. It was a little calico girl, who started rubbing her face on my hand. The attendant asked if I wanted to hold her, and I was lost. Went home and told MrPurrl about her, and we went back and got her. Named her Callie (not very imaginative, but it fits.)

CallieAndersonTartan05small.jpg

Three weeks ago, we took in a stray who had been hanging around for several days--skinny, full of fleas, but very sweet. The vet said he was about a year old, judging from his teeth, but that he was severely undernourished. So we're doing what we can to fix that. We named him Fergus.

FergusFlag1.jpg

They've been getting along pretty well, except when he rushes up to her, or tries to eat from her food bowl, or watches her when she's in the litter box, or just sits and stares at her. :lol:

FaceOff.jpg

Sorry to run on so, but I do love those kitties!

MsPurrl said:
Awwww, thanks, y'all. It's good to hear from people who can relate to my pain at losing Miss Purrl. The day after I picked up her ashes from the vet, I went to PetSmart "just to look at the kitties" and for some "fuzz therapy." When I went into the room where the cats were, they all started meowing. Down at the end of the row, I saw a white paw reaching out of the cage toward me. It was a little calico girl, who started rubbing her face on my hand. The attendant asked if I wanted to hold her, and I was lost. Went home and told MrPurrl about her, and we went back and got her. Named her Callie (not very imaginative, but it fits.)

CallieAndersonTartan05small.jpg

Three weeks ago, we took in a stray who had been hanging around for several days--skinny, full of fleas, but very sweet. The vet said he was about a year old, judging from his teeth, but that he was severely undernourished. So we're doing what we can to fix that. We named him Fergus.

FergusFlag1.jpg

They've been getting along pretty well, except when he rushes up to her, or tries to eat from her food bowl, or watches her when she's in the litter box, or just sits and stares at her. :lol:

FaceOff.jpg

Sorry to run on so, but I do love those kitties!
:cute::cute::cute:

Cute kittens, MsPurrl. I'm so sorry, losing your beloved cat is unbearable...I lost mine (a siamese cat) 3 years ago and he's still in my mind.

My screen name is another cat 'Chacco'.
He's old enough (will be 16 next month) and always sleeping.
Chacco.jpg

Chacco said:
Cute kittens, MsPurrl. I'm so sorry, losing your beloved cat is unbearable...I lost mine (a siamese cat) 3 years ago and he's still in my mind.

My screen name is another cat 'Chacco'.
He's old enough (will be 16 next month) and always sleeping.
Chacco.jpg

Awwww . . . Chacco, he's beautiful! Love him up! I lost all my pictures of Miss Purrl when my old home computer crashed. I may have some on my computer at work; I'll have to look tomorrow.

:wink:

Chacco said:
Oh, I'd like to see her:)

Miss Purrl learned early on that when I had "that thing" in my hands, that there would be a bright light in her eyes, so it was difficult to get a picture of her face--she would always turn her head.

This is one of my favorites, although you can't see her sweet little face well. It was taken in December 2003.

MissPurrl12-03.jpg

This one is from Christmas 2003. Her favorite pastime was looking out the window--we called it "Cat TV."

Purrl-2.jpg

Her 20th birthday, June 2004:

Purrls20thbirthday0604.jpg

These were taken about a week before she left us, at the age of 20-1/2.

Purrl011605.jpg

Purrl011705.jpg
:)

I'm sorry that these pix are so big, and that I go on so, but I still miss her, even though I have those two very colorful furkids. :)

Last edited:
Oh my, she's sooo cute, has very impressive eyes and of course silky long fur. She's just beautiful.

It's not easy to fill the emptiness, though you have other lovely cats and you love them so much... I miss mine, too, but I try to think that I was lucky enough to spend precious years with him.

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures, MsPurrl. I love them:) :) :)

Awwww, Chacco, that's sweet of you to say that. I can tell that you understand how I feel about her. I was very lucky to have 20-1/2 years with her. I can only hope that Callie and Fergus are with me for a long time, and that Chacco will be with you for a long time, too.

MsPurrl said:
Awwww, Chacco, that's sweet of you to say that. I can tell that you understand how I feel about her. I was very lucky to have 20-1/2 years with her. I can only hope that Callie and Fergus are with me for a long time, and that Chacco will be with you for a long time, too.

Thank you, MsPurrl:) I hope you'll have great time together with Callie and Fergus just like you did with MrPurrl.

I got my name because I'm an edgephile and not very creative :lol: and I always have 421 at the end of my screen name

guys tend to not want to call me that so ppl just call me eih :lol:

Back
Top Bottom