Stories for Pleba Girls Part XII - Naya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
PHEW! Talk about under the wire! I was supposed to leave for Montreal 1/2 hour ago! But I promised Naya her story in time for Montreal, and here it is. Hope you like it!

By girls, I'll be back from Montreal/Hamilton on Sunday!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The Real Thing

As the roadies scattered across the stage like a hive of busy ants and Dallas fiddled with Edge?s guitar, plucking familiar gems from its strings, Hell?e stood pressed against the railing, her knuckles white from gripping her prized spot at the very front of the outside tip of the heart. She felt claustrophobic as people pressed against her and wondered if it was physically possible for her to be more excited. The time when U2 would appear on stage was drawing ever near, but the minutes were dragging at an agonizingly slow pace, forcing her to contemplate what was faraway so close?a form of sweet torture!

She had spent the past 14 hours lining up with her Pleba friends; Mrs. Edge, OliveU2cm, She Is Raging and ZooGrl, and they had spent the time chattering about their beloveds at a feverish pitch. It was too bad that they ultimately had to separate, but this is what happens when each person is in love with a different member of U2. Fortunately, Hayley was with her, so she had someone to freak out with when the show started.

Suddenly, as quickly as it had filled, the stage was empty. The atmosphere was filled with a pressure not unlike that which comes before a heavy summer thunderstorm. Her heart in her throat, Hell?e thought she would explode with anticipation as the familiar sitar Elevation remix chords slinked their way through the air, caressing her ears as shrieks of pure joy, lust, love and delirium escaped involuntarily from her throat while the band strode to the stage.

As the lights dipped, it was as if the cable of an elevator had been cut and she felt the floor drop away from her feet as she was lifted into the air by the sheer force of the crowd launching beside her. Up and down they leapt, like popcorn kernels being shakn in a pan. ?Woooohooo! Wooooohoooooo! Wooooohooooo!?

Camera at the ready, Hell?e scrutinized her beloved longingly as he stalked the stage, trying to imprint this moment in her mind forever.

As Elevation segued into The Fly, Hell?e realized they might be repeating the Zoo TV set as they had done in Chicago on the first leg. If this were true, they?d play Even Better Than The Real Thing next, one of her favourite songs!!! Chills of delight radiated up and down her spine. Suddenly Bono began to stride purposefully along Adam?s side of the heart in her direction, checking out the fans as he strolled by. Breathless, her heart roaring in her chest, her eyes clung to Bono's form, which grew nearer with every step.

Suddenly he stopped to stare at an adoring and Ali Hewsoneque girl mere feet away from Hell?e. "NO!" she screamed, her voice instantly and silently blending into the cacophony of screams and thundering music. Bono crouched down in front of the girl as Hell?e felt the tears welling up in her eyes. It was ridiculous, but she had been so sure that he would see her just this once. Couldn't he feel the adoration and sincerity radiating from every pore of her body?? It was crazy to be miserable in a U2 concert, especially at the very beginning, but her heart sank deeper and deeper into her shoes as Bono began to nibble on the other girl's fingers as she giggled with drunken giddiness.

Hell?e noted with some satisfaction however, that Bono didn't stay with the girl for long. As the Edge roared through the close of the song, Bono suddenly leapt to his feet and raced around the periphery of the heart again and again, with the speed and determination of Superman trying to turn back time to save Lois Lane. Finally, Bono plastered himself against the wall in his Fly pose. The guitar faded into silence as Bono panted heavily into the microphone. Recovering from his temporary exhaustion, Bono began to wander up to the front of the stage again.

"Bonjour, Canada!"

"WWWWHHHOOOOOOOO!?

"Montr?al! Un de nos villes favourites du MONDE!"

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

"S'il vous plait, fais pas d'attention a mon Francais - mauvais!"

"AAAAAAHHH WOOOOOOOOOH!"

"Yeah! Montreal is such a romantic city. Such a great place to escape...Montreal is the REAL THING, y'know what I mean?!" And with a deafening roar from the audience, Edge's guitar squealed and swirled its way through the opening chords of Even Better Than The Real Thing and the crowd began to jump as one again. And again, Hell?e's adrenaline coursed through her veins, lungs burning from the effort of trying to breathe.

"Give me one more chance and you'll be satisfied
Give me two more chances You won't be denied
Well my heart is where it's always been
My head is somewhere in between
Give me one more chance - Let me be your lover tonight"

As Bono again strode along the ramp, this time heading straight for the tip, Hell?e tried in vain to steady her shaking hands so she could look through her camera viewfinder. This is not an easy task with several thousand people clamouring around you and trying to shove you aside. But Hell?e was not about to let a few bruised ribs and some black railing gunk keep her away from her man!

You're the real thing
Yeah the real thing
You're the real thing
Even better than the real thing

Finally, as he stopped in front of Hell?e, she seized the moment to take her picture. BAM! The flash exploded and Hell?e felt a twinge of guilt as Bono?s head twitched back and he scrunched up his eyes. It got his attention though and he turned to look directly at her. Her stomach lurched at the eyeball-to-eyeball contact. Oh, NO! What could this mean? Was he going to yell at her for using her flash?

Hell?e smiled sweetly at him as if to say ?sorry- but what can you do?? Bono crouched down in front of her and took her hand gently in his, running his thumb over the back of her hand, singing directly to her.

Give me one last chance
And I'm gonna make you sing
Give me half a chance
To ride on the waves that you bring
T
hen, his clasp on her hand tightened and he began to pull. Hell?e stood stock still, wondering if he was teasing her, as he was wont to do?or if this could possibly mean-?

You're honey child to a swarm of bees
Gonna blow right through you like a breeze
Give me one last chance
We'll sliiiiiiide down the surface of things

?Oh, my God! Hell?e! He?s pulling you! What are you waiting for??! Go! Go!? screamed Hayley, who pushed her friend even harder against the railing, in a desperate but futile attempt to help. Bono smirked and suddenly his involvement with the song became more passionate, more sensual, more adventurous. This girl was absolutely adorable. How had he missed her before? He had to get closer to her. Every night he fell in love with a new young lady on stage, and tonight, he had met the love of his evening?if not of the entire third leg.
Bono gestured to the security guards, who lifted her as he continued to sing to Hell?e, giving her his undivided attention.

You're the real thing
Yeah the real thing
You're the real thing
Even better than the real thing ? Child?.mmmmmmmm?.ooooooh come here darlin?

On shaking legs, Hell?e stood on stage facing Bono. In the struggle she had handed her camera to Hayley, who began madly snapping photos. Hell?e squinted into the spotlight, unsure of what to do and how to act. A deer caught in the headlights, blinded by love and sheer amazement.
Edge began his solo. Smiling to himself, Edge knew something was up and that this would be a much longer solo than usual. He strolled his way over to the hysterical girl in the #8 shirt, who had held a sign aloft beseeching him to dance with her. Edge wouldn?t dream of stealing the spotlight away from Bono that way, but he was flattered nonetheless. He proceeded to serenade the young woman, who looked like she was about to pass out, but was forcefully preventing herself from doing so.

Meanwhile, Bono had let go of Hell?e?s hand, taking a few steps back and placing the microphone on the floor. As she stood watching him, squeezing her hands nervously, she swayed her hips ever so slightly, but very sensuously to the music. This was an unconscious reaction, but it turned Bono on enormously. As Bono approached her ever so slowly, as if afraid of frightening her away, Hell?e?s head emptied of all thoughts. She had forgotten there was an audience, forgotten about the rest of the band, forgotten about the rest of the world. This was her one and only moment with Bono. Never before had she experienced feelings so intense. Never before had she concentrated so hard on anything. This was the most important moment of her life to date, to which she was devoting her entire body and soul.

Finally, Bono stood to face her. ?Are you alright?? he asked softly. She nodded wordlessly, the joy sparkling from her eyes speaking on her behalf. ?Good. Tonight is our night?.let?s lose ourselves in it.?

Staring deeply into his sea blue eyes, she felt his hands firmly but gently caressing her hair, sliding their way down her cheeks, neck, shoulders and arms, where they finally came to rest around her waist. It seemed impossible, but he came even closer still, holding her so tightly that she could feel his huge heart pounding against hers. She felt something else too, but she didn?t dare believe it. She tried very hard not to think about the Bono is Elevated thread. Having a fit of giggles would not be appropriate at this moment.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, and placed her cheek on his shoulder, resting on the soft padding of his leather jacket. The heat radiating off him carried with it an intoxicating smell, which she inhaled as she stared into the haze of lights and faces in the distance, faces that ranged from the scowls of the jealous, to the brilliant and dreamy smiles of women who were living their dreams through Hell?e.

Gently they swayed as Edge came up with ever more elaborate variations of his solo. Before she knew what was happening, she felt herself tilting back. Bono had wrapped his leg around hers, collapsing the backs of her knees and making her fall backwards into his arms. Before she knew what was happening, she was lying down on the stage and Bono was kneeling at her side. And then, Bono lifted his leg and he was straddling her on his knees, his thighs pressed against hers. ?Oh, my God! I?m going to roll and straddle with Bono!? Hell?e thought. She didn?t even have time to wonder what to do next and how to act, because now Bono was lying on top of her. She looked up into his face, the very picture of passionate abandon. The glowing light from above shone through his hair, giving him a silver aura.

Suddenly, and completely without warning, his lips were on hers. Bono couldn?t help himself. This was a moment unlike any he had felt in a long time. A moment of purity, forbidden sensuality and a symbolic desire to connect with another human being even if only for a brief moment. It was a kiss unlike any that she had ever experienced before and it took her breath away. The audience gasped and screamed - none louder than Hayley. Jessica didn?t even notice, she was too busy watching Edge.
With tears welling in her eyes, Hell?e wrapped her arms around Bono?s neck as he rolled around so she was on top of him. After touching his face and tenderly wrapping his hair in her fingers, she gently pressed her forehead against his, pausing for a moment before standing up and offering her hand to help him to his feet. He smiled sweetly at her, and holding her hand, walked with her to the tip of the heart. Collecting his microphone, he continued to sing.

We're free to fly the crimson sky
The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Oh now
Here she comes
Take me higher
Take me higher
You're the real thing
Yeah the real thing
You're the real thing even better than the real thing??child?????..

The song ended and Hell?e and Bono hugged each other as if clinging to a moment neither ever wanted to end. Hell?e turned to each band member and bowed. The security guards helped her back into her place. Mysterious Ways began and as soon as Bono began to walk up Edge?s side of the ramp towards the stage and she was safely out of view, Hell?e began to cry. The floodgates had opened and it seemed that every emotion that she had ever held in poured forth in an avalanche of emotion.

?Awwww, Hell?e! It?s OK!? Hayley hugged her friend who shook violently in her arms. Once she had somewhat recovered her composure, Hell?e and Hayley stood together, arm in arm to watch the rest of the show. To her utter amazement, Hell?e noticed that Bono would give her special winks and smiles throughout the show. When it finally came to an end, fans clamoured around her to ask about her experience. Hell?e felt like a celebrity and she loved it. Suddenly, one of the security men interrupted.

?Excuse me miss, but could I talk to you for a second??

?Yes??

?Bono has asked me to invite you and your friend to the band?s party tonight at Sky Club. They will be on their way there in a few minutes, so if you want to ride in Bono?s car, you should come with me and I?ll take you backstage.? Hell?e?s mouth fell open. Was there no limit to the miracles that would be bestowed upon her this evening???

Desperately trying not to squeal like schoolgirls, Hell?e and Hayley followed the security guard backstage. They stared like wide-eyed children as roadies, bodyguards and various entourage people rushed about backstage, packing up for Hamilton.
?Wait here.? Said the guard, placing tags around each of their necks. Trying to look inconspicuous, Hell?e and Hayley sat down on a large black box with U2 - Wardrobe printed on it in white lettering. They wondered if this was the secret treasure chest of Edge?s numbered shirts and Bono?s leather jackets. They didn?t have long to wonder, because all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Larry Mullen appeared, knocking on a door that they hadn?t yet noticed just across the hall.

?Bono it?s me.? Larry muttered.

?Just a minute? they heard Bono answer.

?Hurry up!? Larry began to tap his foot impatiently.

?Oh, my God!? Hayley whispered loudly. It?s Larry! Look at him! He?s even more perfect in person! Look at his butt! Look at his arms! Look at his chest! Look at his abs!! Oh, my God!!!? It was obvious that exposure to loud music had done nothing to impede Larry?s hearing, and he spun around to look at the girls, one eyebrow raised. If Larry were going to make a snide remark, he soon changed his mind when he saw how excited and radiant the girls were.

?You can look, but you can?t touch!? Larry grinned as he spoke in a teasing and flirtatious voice. Suddenly the door opened and out walked Bono and?Paul McCartney!?!?!

?GASP!? Hell?e inhaled dramatically. It was exciting enough to get to see Bono again, but one of the BEATLES too?

?Hi Lawrence, we?re ready now. We were just working out some of the details about-? Bono stopped mid sentence when he saw Hell?e.

?There she IS!? He beamed. Hell?e?s eyes widened. He looked so happy to see her! What was going on? Jumping to her feet, Hell?e walked towards Bono, who threw open his arms to hug her.

?Thank you for all the years of joy you have given me, and for the greatest night of my life!? Hell?e whispered hoarsely in his ear.

?No, thank you?for reminding me what this is all about.? Bono kissed her cheek and stroked her back. ?Ehm?how rude of me. This is-?

?PAUL MCCARTNEY!? Hell?e squealed. Beatlemania was alive and well backstage at a U2 concert.

?That?s right, love!? Paul grinned, winking at her and making sure to use his most charming scouse accent. It was nice to still be able to get reactions like this from young fans.

?What are you doing in Montreal?? Hell?e began to blush.

?Well, I?ve always been a huge U2 fan, and I was in town visiting some friends, and I wanted to see if U2 would play in my benefit.?

?Shall we go?? Edge and Adam called from the other end of the hall. As Hell?e, Paul and Bono walked together down the hall, Larry walked with Hayley. Soon they were piling into the ever-waiting blue town cars. Bono, Paul and Hell?e in one, Larry, Edge, Hayley and Adam in the other. Off they sped into the night, for an evening of dancing and Dionysian merriment. By the end of the evening, Hell?e had an open invitation to Paul?s upcoming benefit, backstage passes to the Hamilton show the next night, but most of all, she had new friends for life.

Hell?e was gone?up with the sun, and not coming down. It was the real thing. Even BETTER than the real thing.

The End.

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 10-11-2001).]

WOW! Rolling with Bono (after suspense!) and then meeting Paul McCartney too! I'm so excited, great story Mrs. Edge! I can't wait for mine, I can't get the form to where I can write on it, I'll try to copy and paste it to something somehow! Thanks!
smile.gif

Ahhh! Great, great story Jess!! I hope Naya gets to read it before the concert!!! That'd be so cool...
Oh yeah and:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
He strolled his way over to the hysterical girl in the #8 shirt, who had held a sign aloft beseeching him to dance with her. Edge wouldn?t dream of stealing the spotlight away from Bono that way, but he was flattered nonetheless. He proceeded to serenade the young woman, who looked like she was about to pass out, but was forcefully preventing herself from doing so.

I was laughing so much @ this part! You are so sly girl...
biggrin.gif

Have fun in Montreal and Hamilton!!! Tell us all about it when you get back!!!
Say hi to Edge for me!!!
wink.gif

YAY

*is so excited to see a story that she replies w/ out even reading it first*

Have a great time in Montreal-but remember-HANDS OFF of MY man!!!(well, I mean men-ditto for Mr. Mullen too)

*off to read story shortly*

She felt something else too, but she didn?t dare believe it. She tried very hard not to think about the Bono is Elevated thread. Having a fit of giggles would not be appropriate at this moment.
wink.gif

This just cracked me up. Where do you get everything from??? Another one who can't wait to get her story.
smile.gif

Have fun tomorrow night, I'm thinking of you!!!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

i love that story!! that was great!

have a great concert girls! if you meet adam in person, dont forget to pinch his butt for me
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"What fish don't know"--Marshall McLuhan

http://www.envy.nu/meisce/u2/

http://glamourpuss.blogspot.com

Cool Mrs Edge!
I loved the bit about the elevator falling away. I hope your experiences are as good as the story! Wooooo!
*Blatant Self Reference here- Can't wait for mine!*
-Bluey of Doom

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

*claps* more more more!!!! more stories!!! I love stories
biggrin.gif
especially u2ey ones, they get the imagination flowing
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Fabulous story! Rolling around with Bono to EBTTRT- definitely a fantasy of every PLEBA girl (at least most of us!).
smile.gif
The Paul McCartney part was a nice touch, too!

I hope all you ladies have a great time at the Canadian shows! And I hope that the "hysterical girl in the #8 shirt" gets a dance or two with the Edge!
wink.gif

------------------
Got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade

"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

Even though she can't read this now, I say Mrs. Edge-you've done it again!

This one was just so sweet-seemed so fitting for Naya

And I can't wait for mine either...

*thinks it will have an ADVISORY WARNING*

another great story, jess! very PLEBA-esque.
wink.gif

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Awesome story! The Larry part cracked me up! "You can look, but you can't touch!" *snort*

------------------
God Bless America and my city, NYC!

"Do you hear the words that are comin' outta my mouth?"

Incredible!!!! I loved it!!!!!

------------------
"I Don't Know You, But You Don't Know The Half Of It..."

Mrs Edge !!! I can'T thank you enough !! I read it at ZooGirl's place when we came back from Hamilton..It's perfect, absolutely perfect !!! Thank you for adding MR MCCARTNEY TO THE STORY !!! OMG !!!It was a great way to finish my U2 weekend..It was very nice meeting you ! Thank you so much !!!

smile.gif

Highlighting my favorite parts :

The atmosphere was filled with a pressure not unlike that which comes before a heavy summer thunderstorm. Her heart in her throat, Hell?e thought she would explode with anticipation as the familiar sitar Elevation remix chords slinked their way through the air, caressing her ears as shrieks of pure joy, lust, love and delirium escaped involuntarily from her throat while the band strode to the stage.

As the lights dipped, it was as if the cable of an elevator had been cut and she felt the floor drop away from her feet as she was lifted into the air by the sheer force of the crowd launching beside her.

That's exactly how I felt last Friday !!!

As Bono again strode along the ramp, this time heading straight for the tip, Hell?e tried in vain to steady her shaking hands so she could look through her camera viewfinder. This is not an easy task with several thousand people clamouring around you and trying to shove you aside. But Hell?e was not about to let a few bruised ribs and some black railing gunk keep her away from her man!

You're the real thing
Yeah the real thing
You're the real thing
Even better than the real thing

Finally, as he stopped in front of Hell?e, she seized the moment to take her picture. BAM! The flash exploded and Hell?e felt a twinge of guilt as Bono?s head twitched back and he scrunched up his eyes. It got his attention though and he turned to look directly at her. Her stomach lurched at the eyeball-to-eyeball contact. Oh, NO! What could this mean? Was he going to yell at her for using her flash?

Hell?e smiled sweetly at him as if to say ?sorry- but what can you do?? Bono crouched down in front of her and took her hand gently in his, running his thumb over the back of her hand, singing directly to her.

Give me one last chance
And I'm gonna make you sing
Give me half a chance
To ride on the waves that you bring
T
hen, his clasp on her hand tightened and he began to pull. Hell?e stood stock still, wondering if he was teasing her, as he was wont to do?or if this could possibly mean-?

You're honey child to a swarm of bees
Gonna blow right through you like a breeze
Give me one last chance
We'll sliiiiiiide down the surface of things

?Oh, my God! Hell?e! He?s pulling you! What are you waiting for??! Go! Go!? screamed Hayley, who pushed her friend even harder against the railing, in a desperate but futile attempt to help. Bono smirked and suddenly his involvement with the song became more passionate, more sensual, more adventurous. This girl was absolutely adorable. How had he missed her before? He had to get closer to her. Every night he fell in love with a new young lady on stage, and tonight, he had met the love of his evening?if not of the entire third leg.
Bono gestured to the security guards, who lifted her as he continued to sing to Hell?e, giving her his undivided attention.

You're the real thing
Yeah the real thing
You're the real thing
Even better than the real thing ? Child?.mmmmmmmm?.ooooooh come here darlin?

Meanwhile, Bono had let go of Hell?e?s hand, taking a few steps back and placing the microphone on the floor. As she stood watching him, squeezing her hands nervously, she swayed her hips ever so slightly, but very sensuously to the music. This was an unconscious reaction, but it turned Bono on enormously. As Bono approached her ever so slowly, as if afraid of frightening her away, Hell?e?s head emptied of all thoughts. She had forgotten there was an audience, forgotten about the rest of the band, forgotten about the rest of the world. This was her one and only moment with Bono. Never before had she experienced feelings so intense. Never before had she concentrated so hard on anything. This was the most important moment of her life to date, to which she was devoting her entire body and soul.

Finally, Bono stood to face her. ?Are you alright?? he asked softly. She nodded wordlessly, the joy sparkling from her eyes speaking on her behalf. ?Good. Tonight is our night?.let?s lose ourselves in it.?

Staring deeply into his sea blue eyes, she felt his hands firmly but gently caressing her hair, sliding their way down her cheeks, neck, shoulders and arms, where they finally came to rest around her waist. It seemed impossible, but he came even closer still, holding her so tightly that she could feel his huge heart pounding against hers. She felt something else too, but she didn?t dare believe it. She tried very hard not to think about the Bono is Elevated thread. Having a fit of giggles would not be appropriate at this moment.

LOL Oh my goodness !
redface.gif

She wrapped her arms around his neck, and placed her cheek on his shoulder, resting on the soft padding of his leather jacket. The heat radiating off him carried with it an intoxicating smell, which she inhaled as she stared into the haze of lights and faces in the distance, faces that ranged from the scowls of the jealous, to the brilliant and dreamy smiles of women who were living their dreams through Hell?e.

Gently they swayed as Edge came up with ever more elaborate variations of his solo. Before she knew what was happening, she felt herself tilting back. Bono had wrapped his leg around hers, collapsing the backs of her knees and making her fall backwards into his arms. Before she knew what was happening, she was lying down on the stage and Bono was kneeling at her side. And then, Bono lifted his leg and he was straddling her on his knees, his thighs pressed against hers. ?Oh, my God! I?m going to roll and straddle with Bono!? Hell?e thought. She didn?t even have time to wonder what to do next and how to act, because now Bono was lying on top of her. She looked up into his face, the very picture of passionate abandon. The glowing light from above shone through his hair, giving him a silver aura.

Suddenly, and completely without warning, his lips were on hers. Bono couldn?t help himself. This was a moment unlike any he had felt in a long time. A moment of purity, forbidden sensuality and a symbolic desire to connect with another human being even if only for a brief moment. It was a kiss unlike any that she had ever experienced before and it took her breath away. The audience gasped and screamed - none louder than Hayley. Jessica didn?t even notice, she was too busy watching Edge.
With tears welling in her eyes, Hell?e wrapped her arms around Bono?s neck as he rolled around so she was on top of him. After touching his face and tenderly wrapping his hair in her fingers, she gently pressed her forehead against his, pausing for a moment before standing up and offering her hand to help him to his feet. He smiled sweetly at her, and holding her hand, walked with her to the tip of the heart. Collecting his microphone, he continued to sing.

We're free to fly the crimson sky
The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Oh now
Here she comes
Take me higher
Take me higher
You're the real thing
Yeah the real thing
You're the real thing even better than the real thing??child?????..

The song ended and Hell?e and Bono hugged each other as if clinging to a moment neither ever wanted to end. Hell?e turned to each band member and bowed. The security guards helped her back into her place.

Desperately trying not to squeal like schoolgirls, Hell?e and Hayley followed the security guard backstage. They stared like wide-eyed children as roadies, bodyguards and various entourage people rushed about backstage, packing up for Hamilton.
?Wait here.? Said the guard, placing tags around each of their necks. Trying to look inconspicuous, Hell?e and Hayley sat down on a large black box with U2 - Wardrobe printed on it in white lettering. They wondered if this was the secret treasure chest of Edge?s numbered shirts and Bono?s leather jackets. They didn?t have long to wonder, because all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Larry Mullen appeared, knocking on a door that they hadn?t yet noticed just across the hall.

?Bono it?s me.? Larry muttered.

?Just a minute? they heard Bono answer.

?Hurry up!? Larry began to tap his foot impatiently.

?Oh, my God!? Hayley whispered loudly. It?s Larry! Look at him! He?s even more perfect in person! Look at his butt! Look at his arms! Look at his chest! Look at his abs!! Oh, my God!!!? It was obvious that exposure to loud music had done nothing to impede Larry?s hearing, and he spun around to look at the girls, one eyebrow raised. If Larry were going to make a snide remark, he soon changed his mind when he saw how excited and radiant the girls were..?You can look, but you can?t touch!? Larry grinned as he spoke in a teasing and flirtatious voice.

LOL !! Thank you so much for adding that ! Hehe Hayley
wink.gif

Suddenly the door opened and out walked Bono and?Paul McCartney!?!?!

?GASP!? Hell?e inhaled dramatically. It was exciting enough to get to see Bono again, but one of the BEATLES too?.

AAAAAAH !!! Wow !! My other passion: THE BEATLES !!!

?Hi Lawrence, we?re ready now. We were just working out some of the details about-? Bono stopped mid sentence when he saw Hell?e.

?There she IS!? He beamed. Hell?e?s eyes widened. He looked so happy to see her! What was going on? Jumping to her feet, Hell?e walked towards Bono, who threw open his arms to hug her.

?Thank you for all the years of joy you have given me, and for the greatest night of my life!? Hell?e whispered hoarsely in his ear.

?No, thank you?for reminding me what this is all about.? Bono kissed her cheek and stroked her back. ?Ehm?how rude of me. This is-?

?PAUL MCCARTNEY!? Hell?e squealed. Beatlemania was alive and well backstage at a U2 concert.

?That?s right, love!? Paul grinned, winking at her and making sure to use his most charming scouse accent. It was nice to still be able to get reactions like this from young fans.

?What are you doing in Montreal?? Hell?e began to blush.

?Well, I?ve always been a huge U2 fan, and I was in town visiting some friends, and I wanted to see if U2 would play in my benefit.?

?Shall we go?? Edge and Adam called from the other end of the hall. As Hell?e, Paul and Bono walked together down the hall, Larry walked with Hayley. Soon they were piling into the ever-waiting blue town cars. Bono, Paul and Hell?e in one, Larry, Edge, Hayley and Adam in the other. Off they sped into the night, for an evening of dancing and Dionysian merriment. By the end of the evening, Hell?e had an open invitation to Paul?s upcoming benefit, backstage passes to the Hamilton show the next night, but most of all, she had new friends for life.

Hell?e was gone?up with the sun, and not coming down. It was the real thing. Even BETTER than the real thing.

The End.

Aaaaaaaaaawww..Wow. I love it. Thank you again Mrs Edge !!

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 10-14-2001).]

You are indeed next my dear!
smile.gif

Naya, I'm so glad you liked the story. You looked SO CUTE in your horns and red dress, I thought for sure the story would come true!!!

Originally posted by browneyedgirl:
Greaty story Jess.......

Yea!!!! I think I'm next!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom