Sting in "Don't Stand So Close to Me"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I know there are at least a few PLEBAns who, if Bono suddenly vanished to the 43rd Dimension, would gladly accept Sting as a replacement for UK-ish Sex Over-40 Sex Symbol. So I'm throwing this out as a challenge to all of you:

I seem to remember a video for "Don't Stand So Close to Me" by the Police in which Sting sort of played the "teacher" character in the song. First of all, am I hallucinating? If not, does ANYONE know of ANYWHERE that would have video stills so I can see pretty pictures of young, pouty Sting being all English-teacher-y?

Come on...you all loved the Bono-cleavage thread. :)

OMG!! I remember that vid! I have it on tape somewhere, but as I dwell in the 20th century, I don't even know how to show it to you. He takes off his shirt towards the end of the video!!! And he looks FINE! Andy gives the camera a raised eyebrow when he turns and sees Sting shirtless!

You know, Gordon was a teacher before he became Sting.

Oh yes. I know all about Sting's teacher-y past. I try not to think about it too much because it makes me very useless in real life. ;)

Well, think of it this way: in most cases, thinking about Sting as my English professor is much more fun than contemplating my *actual* English professor, who my be explaining things to me and grading my papers. :cute:

The only time I ever found Sting attractive at all was during the Sychronicity tour. I don't dig 'old' Sting at all! I have found it very perplexing how Bono girls could go for Sting, and many do. He seems the exact opposite of Bono. I prefer guys with longer, darker hair, pretty faces and big, mesmerizing eyes. That attraction extends to all guys for me. You girls will have no competition from me on this one LOL!;)

The only time I ever found Sting attractive at all was during the Sychronicity tour. "Don't Stand" Sting was pouty and just fine. I don't dig 'old' Sting at all. I have found it very perplexing how Bono girls could go for Sting, and many do. He seems the exact opposite of Bono. I prefer guys with longer, darker hair, pretty faces and big, mesmerizing eyes. That attraction extends to all guys for me. You girls will have no competition from me on this one LOL!;) But I hope you find some pics!

I'm a Bono girl, but I'd go for Sting. He's HOT! OK, not as hot as he used to be, but considering he's around 50 he's holding up pretty well. He is different from Bono in a lot of ways, but one thing they have in common is they are very intelligent men. That's part of the reason why I find both of them so attractive.

I get VH1 Classic and they show the video for "Don't Stand So Close to Me" quite a bit. I wonder how many naughty schoolgirl fantasies Sting inspired when he really was a teacher? Quite a few I bet!

Another hot video is "Fortress Around Your Heart" where Sting is wearing a muscle shirt. His arms are simply yummy. :drool:

After spending a long night with Google Image Search, I have come to the conclusion that I have now seen every picture of Sting in existence EXCEPT FOR STILLS FROM THAT DAMN VIDEO.

I made this pledge in Lemonade Stand: I will donate, in the name of the person who helps me out here, a (small) sum of money to the Interference campaign.

Find me these stills/pictures of Der Stinglehoffer and I will pull your Interference weight.

I'm dead serious.

Bono's shades said:

I get VH1 Classic and they show the video for "Don't Stand So Close to Me" quite a bit.

Yup.. it's played pretty often on there, especially on their 80s videos programming block. If you get that channel, definitely keep an eye out.

I can't believe the Sting fan community doesn't have stills from that video :huh: Good luck paxetaurora!

[COLOR=royal blue]Kazaa smites me

Fer what's it's worth....I heard this song on the radio today!

Um.....fook.......
[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom